• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Rays manufacturing process video

It's an "infomercial" of course but quite amazing.

Shows the difference with some manufacturers who will just CNC the whole billet block, Rays actually form the whole wheel by forging processes before cutting excess material.

Cool video. I wish they showed how they remove out the area in between the spokes after the forging process is done. I guess it's just CNC cut out? I wasn't sure if that material was "pressed" away into the spokes as part of the forging.

Cool video. I wish they showed how they remove out the area in between the spokes after the forging process is done. I guess it's just CNC cut out? I wasn't sure if that material was "pressed" away into the spokes as part of the forging.
At one point you can see how they deburr the spokes edge after removing that area - from what I understand that was CNC since it leaves that edge but they may not want to show how it's done due to industrial secret reasons (as you see how the deburring process itself is censored).

It's an "infomercial" of course but quite amazing.

Shows the difference with some manufacturers who will just CNC the whole billet block, Rays actually form the whole wheel by forging processes before cutting excess material.
curious if the process is similar for the multi-piece Rays wheels.

Back