• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Rear Coil Pack Cover

Anyone else have trouble fitting the rear cover once removed for service? I wrestling with it to get it to lay flush. It's winning at the match at the moment.

It should go on easily! You probably have the rubber gasket that should be on the coil cover stuck on the valve cover. Feel down in the slot and pick it out.

There are 2 stand-offs in the center that receive the acorn nuts. The one on the driver side doesn't reveal enough of the threads to get the nut on so the cover doesn't lay flat. I believe that side has a bracket under the stand-off. In the mean time, I was able the grab like 2 threads so I just torqued the nut down forcing in place kinda. Not very Honda-like so I must be doing something wrong. It's hard to see back there.

The problem is you do not have the wiring harness correctly positioned on the lower nut for the long 10mm stud that the gold spacer fits on. The wiring harness plastic stiffener has a hole that must fit over the nut, between cylinders #2 and #3.

If you look at the gold spacer between #1 and #2, they both must look the same. and be sitting on the long stud at the same depth.

HTH,
LarryB

Isn't it more like a mounting bracket that's attached to the wiring harness. I put it under the stand-off. That seemed like the the way it wants to go but obviously not.

Isn't it more like a mounting bracket that's attached to the wiring harness. I put it under the stand-off. That seemed like the the way it wants to go but obviously not.

It does go under the stand off, but it must fit over the nut. If you look at the nut carefully you will see the hex shape is not all the way to the top of the nut. The top 1/8" is round. The harness plastic piece has a hole that must fit over the nut so it is flush so the standoff goes all the way down.

A mirror can be handy to see if this is positioned correctly;).

HTH,
LarryB

Last edited:
It does go under the stand off, but it must fit over the nut. If you look at the nut carefully you will see the hex shape is not all the way to the top of the nut. The top 1/8" is round. The harness plastic piece has a hole that must fit over the nut so it is flush so the standoff goes all the way down.

A mirror can be handy to see if this is positioned correctly;).

HTH,
LarryB

I used a mirror exactly as suggested by LarryB when I replaced my plugs a few months ago. For some reason I had trouble getting the spacer to sit correctly on the rear bank. Feeling around wasn't good enough so I used my extension mirrors.

The covers fit easily when the coils and wiring harness are positioned correctly. Interestingly enough - the gaskets on my covers were in the wrong place - at the bottom edge instead of the top.

i am also having this problem. also when it rains, my engine or coils get wet. is it because this piece isnt sitting flush? i guess this is what i get for not going to see larry when i madde the appointment the 1st time to get the climate control. it seems i always have something to do.

Back