• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

rear offset question

use a 15mm spacer or else do as synth says , you'll probably need a 235 tire

Agreed. I personally wouldn't go any lower than 19x10 +30 w/ 275/30/19 tire (which is what Angus said and what a 15mm spacer will put you at).

I have those same wheels and you're saying you want it to stick out 25mm more than it already is. What you see is on a 265mm tire. I'm with everyone on here... I'd say 15mm max on the spacer and even then you'll need to downsize the tire so much that you lose functionality of having a 10" wheel in the first place. But hey it's Hella Flush Man!

IMG_0116.jpg

I have those same wheels and you're saying you want it to stick out 25mm more than it already is. What you see is on a 265mm tire. I'm with everyone on here... I'd say 15mm max on the spacer and even then you'll need to downsize the tire so much that you lose functionality of having a 10" wheel in the first place. But hey it's Hella Flush Man!

IMG_0116.jpg

Yes , if you want to use a 10" +30 , you need to lower a lot more than you have.

Lowering the NSX provides more than just neg. camber , the geometry actually pulls the whole wheel inwards allowing aggressive offsets to work better.

IMG_0116.jpg
did you install any spacer on the rear? It just when I look at the front wheels, they look more stick out than the rear.

Attachments

• my nsx.jpg
    my nsx.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 68
  • rear wheel.jpg
    rear wheel.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 79
It is true , a 19x10 +45 will not be very flush , like we have just said - get a 15mm spacer , or to be even safer get a 10mm (I am not sure if the formula are machined in between spokes for clearance so check first)

You want to use the bolt on spacers (ones with their own set of studs)

Yes , if you want to use a 10" +30 , you need to lower a lot more than you have.

I believe this to be true, but only because it's just wrong to have a 19" wheel on a car that isn't lowered. You can run a 19x10" +30 with a 275/30/19 tire on stock suspension without any rubbing issues.

Lowering the NSX provides more than just neg. camber , the geometry actually pulls the whole wheel inwards allowing aggressive offsets to work better.

This is true. The neg. camber and the suspension geometry will automatically pull the wheel in when the springs compress. You don't necessarily need lowering springs to experience this though. Just loading up the stock springs in a corner, or hitting a bump, or going into a driveway at a 45 degree angle will show you that the wheels will pull in and will clear.

If not lowered, the car will look funny (4x4) and it will actually not look like the wheels will clear, but that's just an optical illusion. Here's an example when my car was on the lift. Note how when raised it looks like the wheel is past the fender but when put on the ground it's nice and flush.
Raised.jpg
NoSpacer2.jpg

I believe this to be true, but only because it's just wrong to have a 19" wheel on a car that isn't lowered. You can run a 19x10" +30 with a 275/30/19 tire on stock suspension without any rubbing issues.

This is true. The neg. camber and the suspension geometry will automatically pull the wheel in when the springs compress. You don't necessarily need lowering springs to experience this though. Just loading up the stock springs in a corner, or hitting a bump, or going into a driveway at a 45 degree angle will show you that the wheels will pull in and will clear.

If not lowered, the car will look funny (4x4) and it will actually not look like the wheels will clear, but that's just an optical illusion. Here's an example when my car was on the lift. Note how when raised it looks like the wheel is past the fender but when put on the ground it's nice and flush.
Raised.jpg
NoSpacer2.jpg
thank you all for all the great information. Is your rear tires get rub to the fender?
I check my wheel and there is not machined between the spokes. Could this be the other opition by using extend studs with 10mm spacer?
Thanks

Last edited:
thank you all for all the great information. Is your rear tires get rub to the fender?
I check my wheel and there is not machined between the spokes. Could this be the other opition by using extend studs with 10mm spacer?
Thanks

The rear wheel will not rub the fender because of the suspension geometry. As the wheel compresses the top of the wheel angles into the body (not straight up as you probably assume), thereby preventing any rubbing.

Back