• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Rear tail lamp question

96515b2fc13e9c28f293177c3af6655f.jpg

I have not detach the lamp to inspect what this is. Is this a broken parts inside? Anyone had similar experience? If so, how did you fix it! Do I need to replace entire lamp? Thanks !

Light

I would start with removing the socket to see if you can grasp the piece. If you have to remove the lens, it is best to purchase a new gasket set as they are a one time only use. Jerry

I checked the inside of tail lamp and it’s like rubber parts that was glued. I couldn’t remove it using tweezer or vacuum. I might need to use head gun and try to remove again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

if its hard to reach but you can see it through the back side of the tailight, if it were me i would take a long hot glue gun glue stick and heat up the end of the glue stick and touch the glue stick to the piece thats stuck inside. that or what Old Guy said and get one of those spring claws. those are very helpful! Best of luck!

Whatever that is, it looks like it is between the light diffusing plate and outer lens. You'll need to take the lens apart to get it. Or send to Joe Guttieri.

Back