• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Rearview Mirror

I would like to find a different rearview mirror (the one on the inside).

I would like to find on the same width, but only half as high. Half of what I see in the mirror is blocked by the engine cover anyway.

The extra room below will make the V1 install not so ungainly...

Any help?

attachment.php

http://nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=151260&highlight=concealed

dunno.gif

Those setups ARE cool. I do like.

But - they require a seperately mounted V1 unit somewhere inside the cabin, and IMO there just isn't a decent spot. Also if you do a concealed setup, you have to have the remote controller and it just gets too far away from simple for me. I really wish one of these electronic wiz kids would figure out how to pull the guts out of my V1 and build it ALL into the mirror. If someone could do that - I'd have it in all of my vehicles... Anyone..?

A smaller interior mirror, with a correctly mounted std V1 tucked in very close, seems to be the best option to me - for now...

I can fabricate a custom V1 mount that mounts nicely just below the mirror. I can not fab a different mirror....

Last edited:
Those setups ARE cool. I do like.

But - they require a seperately mounted V1 unit somewhere inside the cabin, and IMO there just isn't a decent spot. Also if you do a concealed setup, you have to have the remote controller and it just gets too far away from simple for me. I really wish one of these electronic wiz kids would figure out how to pull the guts out of my V1 and build it ALL into the mirror. If someone could do that - I'd have it in all of my vehicles... Anyone..?

A smaller interior mirror, with a correctly mounted std V1 tucked in very close, seems to be the best option to me - for now...

I can fabricate a custom V1 mount that mounts nicely just below the mirror. I can not fab a different mirror....

Something like this:

L1060341.jpg

--//--

In any case, the NSX mirror is unique, you would need to replace the windshield plinth to use a different mirror. If you install a standard wedge mount you can use the autozone mirror, which is slightly shorter, but it's not significant.

The NSX mirror is frankly not considered 'big' - some mirrors may look shorter, but it's the proportion throwing things off.

Back