• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Reasons for the differences in hardcore factor of S2K vs. NSX folks

Nimbus said:
Another reason why NSX forums have lower post counts is because the NSXPrime comprehensive FAQ answers 99% of the potential questions already. ;)

That and the average NSXPrime lurker/user seems to be 10X more mature and educated than the average S2Ki.com user. That's my own personal observation and no knock on S2Ki.com (I've been a registered user over there for nearly 2.5 years) but the facts as I see them.

A recent problem that S2Ki.com has been suffering through (again, IMO) is a huge influx of FNF type folks drawn to the S because of its relatively low price (especially the used ones) and low cost of ownership. I suspect that to a lesser extent, the same thing will happen here as prices for early MY NSX's become more attainable for the avg. Joe.

very true.

and one way to control this to a certain degree is to make the NSXPrime forum a fee based private forum at least if you want to post threads or topics ........ the public can read but cannot post unless they register.

Hrant said:
one way to control this to a certain degree is to make the NSXPrime forum a fee based private forum at least if you want to post threads or topics

I just hope that any fee for posting is not calculated on a per-post basis! :D

I know there are a lot less total bone heads here at NSXPrime, but that wasn't my point was it? I was trying to call out all the potential track whores! People a little on the wild side... not owners of garage queen NSXs. ;)

kenjiMR said:
People a little on the wild side... not owners of garage queen NSXs. ;)
And I keep trying to explain, the two aren't mutually exclusive! I'll be spending three entire days next week in a Formula Mazda at Infineon while the NSX sits in the garage - what's the problem with that? Hint: my SC NSX-Z isn't the faster car...

Number9 said:
And I keep trying to explain, the two aren't mutually exclusive! I'll be spending three entire days next week in a Formula Mazda at Infineon while the NSX sits in the garage - what's the problem with that? Hint: my SC NSX-Z isn't the faster car...

I didn't know I was only talking to one person.

Number9 said:

Yes, the two are mutually exclusive. Those entire three days you'll be spending in a Formula Mazda won't be spent tracking your NSX. To spell it out, you won't be tracking your NSX. It'll be in the garage. Which was the point of the original post. Get it?

Ponyboy said:
Yes, the two are mutually exclusive. Those entire three days you'll be spending in a Formula Mazda won't be spent tracking your NSX. To spell it out, you won't be tracking your NSX. It'll be in the garage. Which was the point of the original post. Get it?

No, I don't think that was the point at all. KenjiMR started this topic, and refers to "crazy nuts" and "People a little on the wild side... not owners of garage queen NSXs." I think that anyone who has an NSX that doesn't get tracked, but has another car that does get tracked, qualifies for KenjiMR's category of "crazy nuts" and "a little on the wild side"... don't you?

The point is that his NSX is in the garage. And Kenji wanted to know why more NSX owners don't track their NSX's. Sounds like a garage queen to me. "Not that there's anything wrong with that.."

WOW!! I just read this thread, been a little slow on my 'Prime updates as of late.

There is a big difference between the East and West coasts on this one. Most of the tracks have outlawed open cars without cages or rollbars that pass the broomstick test. Some groups such as Chin allow open cars, but I would never track an open car after seeing some of the rollovers I have unfortunately seen. Around here (VIR, Road Atlanta, Roebling, Carolina Motorsports Park) the NSX's are much more prevalent than S2000's. As a matter of fact, there are now two more NSX's that are being tracked consistently in the last 6 months, and two S2000 owners who have sidelined or traded their cars for ITR's due to the rules being enforced.

Regardless, of the NSX people I know, the only cars faster are the dedicated track Porsches, and the occasional Z06, which are usually manned by someone with more experience under their belt than this boy's almost 2 years. I look forward to seeing how the track rat handles Infineon, and I will have both IR laptimes and complete track mapping with segment times and g-force calculations from my SPA TECHNIQUE data logging system. I just hope I am as good as I think I am!!!!:p

i have to agree. Kenji's original point is that many nsx's are garage queens. he is trying to convince nsx owners to take their car to the track. If you nsx is sitting in a garage while u are at the track, then by definition it is a garage queen.

Ponyboy said:
The point is that his NSX is in the garage. And Kenji wanted to know why more NSX owners don't track their NSX's. Sounds like a garage queen to me. "Not that there's anything wrong with that.."

I for one wouldn't mind trying to learn to drive my NSX on a real road track, but there are none in my state. That kind of sucks for me. In order to get to a track in another state it would cost me about $1800 and I would need a couple of weeks off:mad:

ChrisK said:
I for one wouldn't mind trying to learn to drive my NSX on a real road track, but there are none in my state. That kind of sucks for me. In order to get to a track in another state it would cost me about $1800 and I would need a couple of weeks off

Well, if you shipped your car from Hawaii to NSXPO and drove it on the track there, you wouldn't be the first person to do that, so it can be done... ;)

Why you would need a couple of weeks off, though, I have no idea. :confused:

nsxtasy said:
Well, if you shipped your car from Hawaii to NSXPO and drove it on the track there, you wouldn't be the first person to do that, so it can be done... ;)

Why you would need a couple of weeks off, though, I have no idea. :confused:

Yes, I know Jerry shipped his car to NSXPO. Maybe one day I'll be able to get the time off work to do something like that. That would be fun. As for a couple weeks off, I have to make it worth while right:D But seriously, I have little faith in Matsons shipping time frame. It took about 4-5 weeks to get my car from Oakland when I bought it. 1 week sitting on Oaklands docks waiting to be loaded on a ship, 4-5 days in transit, and another 19 days sitting on the local docks being proccessed. :mad:

But back to the topic at hand. The only thing we have is autocrossing, however, they recently moved venues due to the 9/11 events. It used to be on a closed military tarmack adjacent to the International Airport, but they no longer allow it due to security reasons. It moved to Hawaii Raceway Park and many of the old time autocrosssers commented at how bad that autocraoss track is now. Some of the poeple I knew that used to race don't race anymore because of that. Hopefully things will pick up for us here in the future.

ChrisK said:
Yes, I know Jerry shipped his car to NSXPO. Maybe one day I'll be able to get the time off work to do something like that. That would be fun. As for a couple weeks off, I have to make it worth while right:D But seriously, I have little faith in Matsons shipping time frame. It took about 4-5 weeks to get my car from Oakland when I bought it. 1 week sitting on Oaklands docks waiting to be loaded on a ship, 4-5 days in transit, and another 19 days sitting on the local docks being proccessed. :mad:

But back to the topic at hand. The only thing we have is autocrossing, however, they recently moved venues due to the 9/11 events. It used to be on a closed military tarmack adjacent to the International Airport, but they no longer allow it due to security reasons. It moved to Hawaii Raceway Park and many of the old time autocrosssers commented at how bad that autocraoss track is now. Some of the poeple I knew that used to race don't race anymore because of that. Hopefully things will pick up for us here in the future.

Yeah, thats a drag... just move to the mainland! Thats what I did. :p I grew up in Hilo, Hawaii. Chris Wilson is from Oahu too! Hehe, I know that may be close to impossible, but change is good. :)

Back