• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Recent Nsx Compliments anyone?

Hey Nsxers,
For a 12 year old car, it amazes me how the Nsx still draws attention. Just goes to show that Honda can design a head-turner.
Though some may not like the additional attention the Nsx draws, I certainly do not mind it if it is in good taste.
I was wondering if any of you have had compliments as of late while driving your Nsx. A while back, I was driving down a street and some kid on his tricycle stands up and gives me the thumbs up. Just the other day, I met 2 ricers at a stoplight and we conversed a bit and they were both respectful of the Nsx.
With a lot of recent threads showing people disrespecting the Nsx, I hope that maybe we can share our recent good experiences.

It was lunchtime, low 70's, window down as I was slowly turning left onto a very busy street (Mira Mesa Blvd for the locals) when I heard a woman's voice loudly say, "Oh My God!" and I turned to see this woman driving a Bright Red T-top Firebird practically hanging out of her window as I drove by...Still makes me proud to think this car can get that kind of reaction.

a group of kid sticked out their thumbs from the school bus window as i approach and past them. i can see the gooooogley eyes and them running around the bus. hehehe...........good kids!!!

I was also on Mira Mesa Blvd. and there were two older gentlemen in a nice, clean, fixed up old Chevy. It could've benn a '57 Chevy....I'm not really an expert at those cars. It had nice aftermarket wheels and slotted/drilled rotors. They were staring at my car while we were stopped at an intersection, both grinning with appreciative smiles. I gave them a big thumbs up at almost the exact moment they were doing the same.
smile.gif

------------------
1995 NSX-T
1999 3.2TL
1992 SC400
2003 Chevy Suburban LT

I was picking up my little brother from school and I heard some kids talking...they called it a "fake ass Ferrari"...little bastards. but it also gets complimented on a daily basis.

I was at a Best Buy in San Jose and parked the NSX. Before I got in the store, I realized I need my wallet. Going back to the car, there were two ladies looking at the polished engine bay with puzzling looks on their faces. "Is this the engine back here?" They couldn't believe it. Said the car looked better than any sports car they've ever seen. Didn't know what an NSX was or that it was in production for the last 12 years. They couldn't keep their eyes of it!

During lunch I was 30 minutes on the small hills around my office for a TUBI blasting procedure (and disturbing the families' lunc)
biggrin.gif

When I passed a straight in second gear (6000rpm), a 9-11 years old buy snapped a picture with his mobile, the huge Nokia 7650!
biggrin.gif

I imagine that the corresponding MMS will be quite admired at his school this afternoon!

I have received 2 big thumbs down - including one guy honking like a maniac when I was just driving in traffic?

Most people love the car and I use it as a daily driver so it is weird to see people pointing and gestering at you when you are just listening to music and/or thinking about anything but driving an NSX. Kind of like a random act of violence in that they don't know you and you wonder if they would do anything to your car if they happened upon it. Weird.

------------------
Nick M

91' Red/Black with Many Mods
99' Honda Odyssey with Many Kids

Couple of weeks ago. Went to work with the NSX. Nearby work, I leave the highway and come to a stop before a traffic light. Then I see the guy in the car behind me take out a camera and quickly take some snapshots. I see it in the mirror and give him a thumbs up.
Other than that, I get lots of stares and comments from time to time. More when it's warmer than it is right now.

I personally could write a book on my experiences being from an area where I'd say a vast majority of the people have never even seen or heard of one. Here's two favorites.

Wife and I were eating dinner at a local cajun restaurant. I was seated at a window to "guard" the car from whatever and two young guys in a ragged out Eclipse pull up and park two spaces down from me after a few passes through the parking lot. I was just about to come out of my seat when the driver's door flies open, passenger runs over to my car, poses for a picture with it and runs back to the Eclipse to race off like they just stole something. Wonder if he's "posing" somewhere online? Very comical to watch it all unfold.

Last week another wishful duo plowed a small pickup into the rear of another car sitting at a stop light while doing the ol' stare/point/thumbs up routine. All I heard was lots of tires screeching and one rather loud BOOM.
frown.gif

#1 I was enjoying a nice drive down PCH towards Newport Beach when I decided to stroll through the shopping area by the pier. Not much going on, a few porsches, a ferrari and couple of low-riders. I pull up to a stop sign and teenage boys around 16 y.o. were crossing. All of them started gawking at my car. One even had a camera on hand and took a quick picture of my car as he was walked on by. I could have offered to pull over and take a pic of him standing beside it but you know the CA mentality--just act cool about it.

#2 Sunny Saturday morning. Just finished washing and detailing my car to a perfect shine. I decided to take it for a spin to get rid of the rust on the rotors. Came back 15 minutes later and a neighbor had handymen over his house to fix things around the house. As I was pulling up the driveway, one of them started to walk towards me. I had my window down and he said, "now that is one of the ugliest cars I've ever seen." I knew he was being fascitious because he had a smile on his face. Then I retorted, "yeah, I know. But what can you do?" We started laughing. His buddy came over and did a quick walk-around and said, "Hey, I know this car! My son races it all the time on his playstation. What is it again?"

#3 I was coming home from work and decided to take the long route and go side-streets. CA freeways really do leave much to be desired. Anyway, I come up next to a station wagon with a lady driving. I thought she was alone at first until 3 kids jumped out of nowhere in the backseat. I guess I was looking over their heads so I couldn't see them. They started to giggle and were climbing over each other to get a better spot by the window for a better look-see. The mother was thrown for a loop as she didn't know what possessed her kids! I love children's reactions the best because they have no desire to belittle cars because of this and that. They just know something is special when they see one in person and are joyful because of it.

Originally posted by Vytas:
there were two ladies looking at the polished engine bay with puzzling looks on their faces. "Is this the engine back here?"

If one of them was elderly and from Pasadena, what ever you do, don't race her!
smile.gif

Shortly after I got my car last spring, a new yellow Porsche 996TT flashed his lights and gave me the thumbs up. Every where I go people look and give a high-sign. People come up and ask about it and want to see the engine. When i'm asked the two tacky-est questions; How much did it cost, and How fast does it go, I answer with "I'm so rich that I don't see the bills" and "I drive 65, its the law"
smile.gif
Most people are nice and i've never yet had anyone be nasty. It's amazing to me how much kids know about these cars and others from playing video games.

------------------
keep the shiny side up
MikeC 01 #46

[This message has been edited by mikec (edited 20 March 2003).]

Well, when I took my NSX in for emissions last month the employees there were at a total loss on the location of the engine. They were signaling for me to open the hood, and jaws dropped when I opened the engine hatch. After finishing up, they came over and complimented me on how nice of a car I've got.

Most of the time, people just stare and are too shy to approach/talk to me though.

An old guy at a gas station once asked me "Can it fly?"

------------------
'98 Blue NSX-T

1. I had some kids in a ragged out old hatchback civic rev at me. I downshifted just to play around and at the next light, the passenger was hanging out the window going: "Bow down to God"

2. I get the "Light em up" alot of times since im younger than most. I just tell them the engines in the back and it will eat up my tires, so no.
smile.gif

3. I get the "What is that??"

4. "How much??"

5. And my last trip in orlando, some kid at a local ricer hang out flagged me down to park next to him and when i got out, the typical comments, and then the "How does it feel to know that you can kick the s#it out of most the cars here?" I just agreed even though it probably wasn't true
smile.gif

Brainstorming alot about errands I get to run in the NSX especially now that weather is breaking. ie. Yesterday went to the bike shop to p/u my re-trued, tubed, rubbered road bike wheels. The guys at the shop loved the car and were humored as I struggled to get one wheel in the trunk (barely) while the other rode shotgun.

The thumbs up are constant, more ladies take notice please. Ricers drool as they approach and pass by- no different than they did it the ITR though.

Best compliment from someone: That car opens alot of legs for you?
smile.gif

There are still those haters out there. Especially one's that know how slow the nsx is now compared to what they have
frown.gif
They ask why did you get a slow car like that, it's not worth the money, I just say I bought for looks not the performance.

How slow the NSX is compared to what they have? Unless they're driving a Z06 or a Viper, there really aren't a lot of cars that are cheaper and perform better off the showroom floor.

Plus, nearly every test driver agrees that the NSX makes up for any performance deficiencies with overall driving experience.

Originally posted by PHOEN$X:
Most of the time, people just stare and are too shy to approach/talk to me though.

That's not because of the car... they realize how LEET you are.
biggrin.gif

For me, some of the nicest compliments have been when i've been playing games online (hence my username is neoNSX) ...it's nice when i ask "you know what an NSX is?" and they say "yes, Acura".
smile.gif
I've had the odd guy say "i love the NSX...beautiful car" but usually most guys are intend on fragging each other.
smile.gif

Well, I didn't witness this one personally, but my brother told me about it:

My brother and I were washing/detailing my car on my driveway, and I was bending down to clean the wheels while he was taking a break. One of the neighbors was walking his dog, and because he was staring so hard at the car, ran into a tree.

Thumbs up all the time. Just this sunday at Starbucks a man with a Saleen conv, was like that is soo awesome and he said my car was faster than his. He loved the way my rm exhaust and headers sound. Every day at work people always ask me what car I drove in hopes that its the X. Watching other people enjoy the nsx is almost half the fun of having it. I know if before I got mine if I saw one I got soo excited. I have not seen one other than mine in like 3months.

Got a few new ones tonight at Ft Laud Beach (springs break)

New 1: a guy on a harley sees flip up lights, guns it (LOUD), I keep up no prob (heavy hog plus wife/girlfriend was on it). Then he glances, then turns head back quickly and stares while telling his wife: "WOW, thats an NSX!! That car right there is what Formula 1 cars are modeled after!! Man!!" Then he honked cuz there were cops shootin radar and he was "lookin out"
smile.gif

New 2: <kid in honda civic with nothing but altezzas to his girlfriend> "That's an NSX. It's lightning fast!!!"

and a guy in a SVT F150 tried keepin up with me on the highway and then honked and gave me thumbs up
smile.gif

Originally posted by spookyp:
How slow the NSX is compared to what they have? Unless they're driving a Z06 or a Viper, there really aren't a lot of cars that are cheaper and perform better off the showroom floor.

Plus, nearly every test driver agrees that the NSX makes up for any performance deficiencies with overall driving experience.
[/QUOTE

Probably not a complete list of cars that are cheaper and faster:
mustang cobra, m3, s4, clk55, not sure about the subaru vrx and boxter s.

No doubt the nsx can out track the rest of those cars but not 0-60. maybe even 1/4mi.

Back