• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Recommendation for OBD II Code Reader?

If you have a laptop and are prepared to use it for auto diagnostics, check this out:

www.autoenginuity.com

I have had this for a few years, free software updates for life, and a very handy set of features, like freeeze frame, dashboard, 02sensor monitoring, etc.

HTH,
LarryB

I have an Actron OBD II PocketScan code reader. It can read and erase diagnostic codes on 1996 and up cars with OBD II type connector. It is the standard OBD II code scanner and is available on many web sites in the $50-$60 range.

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but if this helps, I am running Digimoto software with an Elmscan scanner.

It works with any laptop or pc (I have mine running from my car pc). Works great, has a lot of features such as freeze frame data, trouble codes, digital gauges, 1/4 mile drag race timer, and dyno.

the only downfall of the Digimoto is it doesnt keep car specs into memory, so youl have to enter in vehicle weight and wheel diameter for the dyno program, and the sensor monitoring is not in real time. there is a 2 second delay.

anyone know if there is a program like this but shows data in real time?

Back