• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Recommendations for a new Daily Driver

These are what I'LL consider, i WILL DD these cars haha

Sedans/ 4 seaters:
- e90/e92 335i, I am biased because i have one :biggrin: cheap to get nowadays, can be cheaply modded to outperform an m3. M3 suspension swap, Tune, downpipe, exhaust, intake, LSD = you're all set to go. Sorta look sleeper'ish too. ONLY downside, maintenance is quite high. Considering the price and mod'ibility, its still not as bad. Why not the F30? Not as mod friendly yet, much more expensive, and the steering feel SUCKS. Compare yourself if you do consider 3 series
- 335d (with tune and same mods as above, prepare to swap out rear tires frequently. Hella fun and dominating on the road. Semi decent mpg xD)
- M3 (any era)
- M5 (special mention to the e39 M5. I know its old, but looks super classy and perfect sleeper, only comes in 6MT, sounds crazy with exhaust). Dont care much for the v10 one but as many mentioned, its gonna be the last v10 NA high revving engine BMW is ever gonna make.
- Maserati Quattroporte, Don't know much about this car besides its got a Ferrari Engine... and exhuast note. Some don't run that expensive anymore.
- C63
- E55/63
- B7 RS4
- S4/ S5/ S6/ S8, Buying audi is like playing Russian Roulette, if you're unlucky (which most drivers are), you'll be paying a LOT for maintenance.
- VW Passat CC, something about this car just looks so right... but its VW, then comes the reliability issue. Mind you, if you get the 4motion V6, some shop here up north in vancouver can mod it up to something like 5-700hp cheap. By cheap i mean something like $15k considering the price of vehicle + mod. Can also do the same mod with most 4motion V6 VW engines
- IS-F (as many mentioned, but i don't like it =/ i'll go for any euro counterpart. But that's because i don't mind down time and maintenace lol)

Sporty/Small:
- Any Porsche 911, doesn't matter which era BESIDES 996. I don't know, I just find it so UGLY with those headlights... and the car just looks "cheap"
- Cayman (only if its a REALLY good deal) Never liked the look and hated the fact that it is slap right in between the Boxster and 911 in terms of EVERYTHING, price, performance, engine size, etc etc. As Top Gear (UK) has suggested, this car could be build even better, but they wont because that'll make its bigger brother 911 look bad...
- Lotus Evora, S, preferrably. Toyota engine so hopefully they last and very maintenance free (at least i haven't heard anything bad about them)
- Aston Martin V8 Vantage, probably almost at the limits of you price range, also maintenance issues... but hella beautiful car
- BMW 1 Series M, if you come across one for the right price, get it. Dinky little car but looks so badass and aggressive. Fast and furious, rediculously wide fenders (compared to normal 1 series). My dream BMW atm
- BMW 135i, Can be modded the same way as the 335i i have mentioned above, not so sure if you can get LSD tho... Just get the 1 Series M :biggrin: comes with LSD!!
- Any Era Mercedes SL
- SLK55, small, but for the right price...
- Abarth, yes, that dinky little beefed up Fiat. IT IS AWESOME. Stock Exhaust sounds BAD ASS. Fast little car, excellent mpg!! Cheap price tag too (relatively speaking for a brand new car)
- NSX?, why not xD have two!! My dream is to own three. One 91 for collecting, 94 for mod'ing and tracking, 02+ for DD xD
- as you've mentioned, s2000. I prefer the AP1 over AP2 though. But for the right price, who cares, s2000 is a wicked fun car

Bit Older cars:
- Integra Type R, if you can find one that's unmolested, go for it. Cheap to run and maintain, fun, still the best FWD car in the world. And oh ya, its Type-R
- Supra TT!! Make it Fast and Furious, enough said. Don't come cheap though...
- Mazda RX-7 FC/FD. I love rotary. Love the way it drives. Love the way it sounds like a coffee grinder. With the extra money you save, you can invest in a fully builded 20B and make it into a 10,000rpm screaming rocket.
- Lotus Esprit V8 TT, (ummmm...weird fantasy of mine, probably cost an arm and a leg for maintenace. Also will spend more time in the shop than on the road...But will totally not mind driving this as a DD!!)
- F355, I have seen some <$60k. Like all F-cars... prepare for the maintenace bills. But my gosh, this is my Dream Ferrari. Small and not bulky like more modern offerings (besides the 458), 5 valves (... valve adjustment cost is gonna be painful), exhaust that screams and super F1 like. NA V8 High revving engine... *drools* oh ya, and if i can afford it, DD no problem xD
- Porsche 944 Turbo Has to be MINT tho... these cars just looks so good... (beware of excessive electrical gremlins)
- Porsche 928 same as above.

Big cars:
- VW Toureg V10 TT Diesel, Tune it, 500-700tq with 4wd comfort.
- Audi Q7 (too bad we don't get the v12 TT Diesel in North America)
- Porsche Turbo

Sorry for the LOOOONNNNNNNNG list. Probably missed a couple too. But ya. Cheers and have fun!!!

Back