• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Registration Fees

The NSX is the first exotic sportscar I have ever owned and I was just wondering what some of you have paid for tags on your NSX? I purchased my '93 in October 2000 and the tags are due in January.(this couldn't come at a better time, especially right after the holidays.) I don't want to be in for a surprise when they come due for the first time. I live in Arizona so if there are any locals I would be greatly interested in what they have been in the past year or two. I know it depends on what city and state you live in but I am just curious to know.

Thanks in advance.

It's $78 per year in Illinois, with additional fees in varying amounts for special plates like vanity plates, environmental plates, prevent violence plates, etc. Some of those additional fees are used for the purpose shown on the plates.

Cities and towns have the option of adding their own registration fees, and in the Chicago area, most places have done so. In the city of Chicago, the city registration is $75 per year.

Both of these fees have been increased within the past year. For a long time, they had been $48 for the state and $60 for the city.

[This message has been edited by nsxtasy (edited 13 November 2000).]

Thanks for the feedback.

It's times like these that make me wish I lived in Chicago with nxstacy. (only $78 per year). I can't believe that. I certainly thought it would be much more, but then again we don't have to garage our cars in the winter like others do. Not many issues with snow here in Arizona. <grin>

Thanks again everyone.
I have a feeling from what 94NSXGUY and Paul Dalton have said that I will probably be in the range of about $350-$450. I guess its the price you pay for living in a big city and being able to drive the NSX 365/24/7.

Originally posted by Chris W:
The NSX is the first exotic sportscar I have ever owned and I was just wondering what some of you have paid for tags on your NSX? I purchased my '93 in October 2000 and the tags are due in January.(this couldn't come at a better time, especially right after the holidays.) I don't want to be in for a surprise when they come due for the first time. I live in Arizona so if there are any locals I would be greatly interested in what they have been in the past year or two. I know it depends on what city and state you live in but I am just curious to know.

Thanks in advance.

Atlanta $ 528. for my 1994.
2000 AD VALOREM TAX
Luckily I'll drive it all year long!

ya theyre mean to us here in california
frown.gif

------------------
me want NSX, me 15, me no have NSX =( but me do 3d art http://members.home.com/mcudich

Well its a good thing you guys are in CA, but here in bo'ville kentucky there is a $2000.00 (1) time registration fee on top of the yearly $800.00 tag fee for a 92 NSX and it is based on the value of the car. So figure close to $3K for the first year if you live in the sticks (figure more for a newer model). And these are NOT related to sales tax. However, I find it cheaper to go across the border to TN where it is $55.00.

[This message has been edited by Lee (edited 13 November 2000).]

[This message has been edited by Lee (edited 13 November 2000).]

Here in VA:

3% of assessed value (they use NADA guides) when you first register the vehicle

A trivial amount (maybe $35?) annual registration fee unless you want fancy plates... BUT:

Annual personal property tax on the assessed value of the vehicle (exact amount varies by city/county and often changes every year). The tax on the first $20k of assessed value is being phased out over the next couple years but on a newer NSX that still leaves over a thousand dollars of tax every year in most parts of the state.

[This message has been edited by Lud (edited 14 November 2000).]

Back