• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

remember my NSX-R project?

the acura NSX-R poser is finally back from ELITE's shop!
the type R suspensions has been fully installed.
(along with the zanardi rear swaybar)

my first impression: "holy f@#!! this is stiff!!!"
after a day: "gotten use to the stiffness already like its no big deal. it IS after all my daily driver."
performance? "wow amazing!! with such little unnoticeable drop, it is SO stable and just sits through corners!! SU-GOIEE!!! takumi can eat my dust now:biggrin: " (okay i dont know where that came from)

note: it DOES act like an AP1 S2000, only MORE aggressive and stiffer.
(at least the impression i got anyways) alot like my cusin's 2003 moded s2k.
you were right Vance. thanks for the input!

also putted in the ais scoop intake, with headers from MR2liter, and ARK DT-S exhaust. i LOVE it! pardon the virgin excitement because i have NEVER done a 'header' swap before. i honestly did not expect to feel much... perhaps mainly just to hear a difference in sound. boy was i surprise! ofcourse, nothing "boost-like" either, but still enough of a decent power increase to be noticed and not just the "all in my head" confusion. again, wow!
note: previous exhaust was also aftermarket.

stainless steel brake lines from SOS were putted in, along with rotors and pads from cquence. the differences on improvement here are VERY good and i am glad i upgraded these 'safety' areas as well, but i dont think it would justify much to do a "before & after" comparison here simply because i DID have bad brakes to begin with, so thats that.

many thanks to ELITE for a great job! i am very happy with the work and time he putted in on my car and i am very impress with the result. nothing of the catastrophic-like turn out.
many thanks to Bryan from SOS for a great service on keeping me posted with the products purchased. the constant phone calls on updates must've been a pain. hahaha j/k
also to the others i had bought parts from to complete certain restorations/mods needed; BenDF, ARKers, Factory X Motors, cquence, MR2liter.
and FINALLY, thanks to PRIME for its many available informations, and EVERYONE here who has given an opinion, one way or another, to better me an understanding of the nsx, it's kryptonites or power sunrays, and the many different paths of optional modifications to consider or discard.

anyhow, here are some VERY recent snap shots my brother finally got around to take. its not the top quality shots he usually does, but it'll do for now.
enjoy and hope i didnt bore you guys too much with this long post.
just too excited! :smile:

2067329481_bebc6672d0_o.jpg

2067329425_a568b744fd_o.jpg

2068125394_1a0f74dfe5_o.jpg

2067329541_2d48665f8e_o.jpg

btw: took it to acura dealer today to pick up some nuts/bolts. SO MANY reps jumped out their seats and cubicals to look. i was quite surprise by that...
but deep within, i felt so cool lol.:cool:

Congrat!!! The R suspension is with "S" rear sway bar is a very good combo.

Car is looking sweet.

BTW
Is that a DF wing?

thanks vance!
i appreciate it, and yes i LOVE the suspension combo. NO regrets whatsoever. fits MY driving style perfectly.

about the wing, i actually bought it through SOS, and i believe its the cantrell version. had to be sure and look through the receipt for a minute there lol.
i do have the DF under bumper tray tho.:biggrin:

Congrat!!! The R suspension is with "S" rear sway bar is a very good combo.

Car is looking sweet.

BTW
Is that a DF wing?

Congrats on your NSX-R poser and I'm glad it turns out the way you have wanted. Where is the picture :confused: or maybe is just me:rolleyes:

damn you.... you are doing what i need to be doing to my car, only i'm far behind and broke :mad: :smile:

i am almost ready to order my na2 R suspension..... how long did it take to get yours? you got it from SoS, right?

anyway, lookin good, keep posting pics :cool:

Must be the hottest thang in Minnesota! Looks great.

Deltron Zero I loved it - "16.99 for a 24 of Michelob Golden Draft. Not bad."
Can't get that here in Michigan....

nsxpurextc - thanks! umm, the pictures are posted here. it should show. is it not?

Chris - thank you as well! i love it indeed! bryan also did a great job at keeping me informed and up to date. i really appreciate it. please do tell him i have posted pictures on here..... but not with the volks yet. i have decided to hold off on that till spring time.

Synthesis - haha im sorry, i just couldnt wait. im sure yours will be complete soon as well. but yeah, sos should have some. get 'em! i did without any hesitation. i had to wait longer for mine because they were being shipped from japan. im sure some are at sos, so jump on it while its there. i will post more pics when my brother has more time to take 'em. its just sooo cold all of a sudden. mn weather.:cool:

alum04 - lol i dont know. i doubt its the hottest thing in minnesota. im sure there are others out there hidden in their bat caves. i just happen to drive mine daily. but i'll admit i DO LOVE it tho, and i never get tired of looking at it. i also noticed the reactions and attentions from other drivers have gone up dramatically. dont know if its good or bad.
like tonight, an integra pulled up next to me at a stop light. gave me the thumb's up, took out the cellphone and snapped some pictures, then floored it hard pass me when the light turned green. :confused:
not a big deal tho.

great looking R.. I have the same set of rims as yours. Just lost one of my caps recently, wonder where did you pick up your rims so I could check for a replacement. You are running 16/17??

nsxpurextc - thanks! umm, the pictures are posted here. it should show. is it not?

Chris - thank you as well! i love it indeed! bryan also did a great job at keeping me informed and up to date. i really appreciate it. please do tell him i have posted pictures on here..... but not with the volks yet. i have decided to hold off on that till spring time.

Synthesis - haha im sorry, i just couldnt wait. im sure yours will be complete soon as well. but yeah, sos should have some. get 'em! i did without any hesitation. i had to wait longer for mine because they were being shipped from japan. im sure some are at sos, so jump on it while its there. i will post more pics when my brother has more time to take 'em. its just sooo cold all of a sudden. mn weather.:cool:

alum04 - lol i dont know. i doubt its the hottest thing in minnesota. im sure there are others out there hidden in their bat caves. i just happen to drive mine daily. but i'll admit i DO LOVE it tho, and i never get tired of looking at it. i also noticed the reactions and attentions from other drivers have gone up dramatically. dont know if its good or bad.
like tonight, an integra pulled up next to me at a stop light. gave me the thumb's up, took out the cellphone and snapped some pictures, then floored it hard pass me when the light turned green. :confused:
not a big deal tho.

chong, i ended up buying that suspension from sos! :biggrin: i'm just glad i checked the vendor section (which i very rarely do) when chris happened to be selling the one they had in stock. I took your advice and jumped all over it - glad i did. it should be here on tues, and i can't wait :cool:

i still got some catchin up to do though......

todd ma - thank you! i wish i could say "come tomorrow to oakdale to check it out" but the forecast isnt looking too pretty right now, so most likely it will be sitting in the garage for a few days. i am SURE i would take it out again once it all clears and forecast show several days of promising sunshines. we'll see. feel free to pm me if you really want to see it in person. i dont mind at all.

papacu - honestly, those are actually the old OEM wheels:biggrin: i had them powercoated the same color code as the other white. and yes, they are 16/17:cool:

Synthesis - good deal jumping on it! umm... question; is it just the coilovers or did u get the type-r swaybar and bracebars as well? just wondering. i recall reading somewhere that its performance is more complete with all those parts. anyhow, i do hope all goes well. should be FUN regardless.
and btw, youre lucky! you dont have to wait for it to be ship all the way from japan:eek:

Synthesis - good deal jumping on it! umm... question; is it just the coilovers or did u get the type-r swaybar and bracebars as well? just wondering. i recall reading somewhere that its performance is more complete with all those parts. anyhow, i do hope all goes well. should be FUN regardless.
and btw, youre lucky! you dont have to wait for it to be ship all the way from japan:eek:

i ended up just getting the coilovers for now. i have the chassis reinforcement bars already, and i was going to buy the sway bar too, but i'm sucked completely dry in the car fund for right now. soon i'll make the suspension complete :cool: def glad i don't have to wait for it to come from japan :smile: i'm already overly excited...

i ended up just getting the coilovers for now. i have the chassis reinforcement bars already, and i was going to buy the sway bar too, but i'm sucked completely dry in the car fund for right now. soon i'll make the suspension complete :cool: def glad i don't have to wait for it to come from japan :smile: i'm already overly excited...

i totally understand how you feel. my piggy bank doesnt make
any clinking sound anymore, but i am quite happy with
what i spend it all on :biggrin:
if you have the brace bars already, all should be well then.
the swaybars were the one pieces i did not have to wait for from
japan. it came pretty quick. plus it wasnt super expensive.
are you planning to put what you have now on, or wait till
you get the final piece; the swaybar?
j/w... i did mine all at once just so i could feel the night & day
difference from stock to type-r.
regardless, i am sure you'll have tons of fun with this transition.
"overly excited" best describes how my experience as well :biggrin:

Last edited:
chonglee, your color change looks good. I forgot what color was the car originally? Did you regret changing the color one bit? Even though I own a Brooklands Green Pearl NSX, I'm not too thrilled about the color. I'm wondering if i would be if i change the color. Did they paint the engine bay, the door jambs, under the hood and trunk etc? If so, do you have pics of those areas?

Thanks

Tat

chonglee, your color change looks good. I forgot what color was the car originally? Did you regret changing the color one bit? Even though I own a Brooklands Green Pearl NSX, I'm not too thrilled about the color. I'm wondering if i would be if i change the color. Did they paint the engine bay, the door jambs, under the hood and trunk etc? If so, do you have pics of those areas?

Thanks

Tat

Thanks Tat.
The original color was black, so with that, I chose to leave the engine bay black, since I also learned that the real nsx-R's engine bay is black. I ALMOST went for the championship white, but decided on the grandprix white in the end, and NO I have NOT regret my decision in changing the color ever since. I honestly believe it would have not mattered with either white color, but I just went with the whiter one. It looks A LOT sharper now... IMHO.
Also, another reason I went for a color change was because when my car was black, (and it's probably just how I see things or just my personal taste in designs), but it was a little hard to see its 'sharpness' at night. I mean, from certain angles and under certain lightings, the shiny black seemed to hide the lines of the design, the glossiness traveling over the gaps of panels, and sometimes... SOMETIMES, those effects made it look like a corvette or something else. I always felt something funny about it, but never thought much of it nor noticed it until one night, my buddy parked his silver nsx next to mine. It was quite an awakening moment. So yeah, there goes that.
Anyhow, YES the door jambs were all painted, as well as the trunk, under it, around it, etc etc etc. The only other place I also chose to leave it black was the front bay. The underside of the front hood was also left black. You should have seen the car when I first dropped it off and went back the following week to check. There were parts EVERYWHERE it almost gave me a heart attack, and I even wondered if I had made the right decision LOL.
Unfortunately I do not have any pictures of those areas, but ELITE did work on my car and he did check for any mistakes. As far as I recall, he says he couldn't find any errors and the job actually looks good. Regardless, I am VERY happy with the way it is now.

Back