• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Remove front emblem?

I will soon be getting a minor repair done on my front nose piece, and the shop will be completely repainting/refinishing the entire piece. I am considering having them remove the Acura emblem at the same time, since that will not entail much extra work. I was wondering what everyone's opinion is on this. Remove the emblem for a cleaner look, or retain the emblem for the original stock look?

Funny, I was thinking of doing the exact same thing. I think it will clean up the nose quite a bit. The emblem is a bit gaudy for my tatse. Like lots of things, probably just a matter of personal taste. :p

I have had the nose of my NSX painted once before to remove all the minor chips, etc., going to do it again in the spring. If you get a quality job, it will be worth it. Before anyone scolds me about devaluing the car with a partial repaint.... I dont care! I drive the car, it's not a high dollar classic (even though we love them so) and frankly I'm not interested in preserving originality for the next owner cause I'm not planning on selling it. So there :D

Personally, the nose looks a little to plain w/o the emblem. All I did was switch mine to the red Type R emblem, 'cause I have a red NSX. It looks nice. I looked at it w/o the emblem, just did not do it for me. But it may be right for you.

Cairo94507 said:
Personally, the nose looks a little to plain w/o the emblem. All I did was switch mine to the red Type R emblem, 'cause I have a red NSX. It looks nice. I looked at it w/o the emblem, just did not do it for me. But it may be right for you.

Which emblem do you mean- can you post a pic?

Back