• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Removing interior door panel

I am planning to replace the exterior rubber scraper on my driver's side door window because it is missing a piece of the rubber and the attached trim piece is slightly dented. Replacement of the trim piece with the scraper involves pulling off the interior door panel. I have never pulled the door panel on the NSX; but, I have done it on other cars and you usually end up breaking some of the retainer clips. Can the door panel on the NSX be easily removed without breaking the clips or should I plan for some breakage (any comments on how many, 1, 3, all of them)? If I need to plan for some breakage, then I will pre order them since I am pretty sure the local dealer will not have them available unless they are a generic Honda part (even then it is usually a next day item).

Ditto on being careful with the screw tabs, although they seem to break more from someone over-tightening when putting it back together. Go very light on the re-tightening of the tab screws.

there are 7 clips for the outter door window scrapper, and 1 screw under the forward triangle peice

you dont need to remove the interior door panel to take this off.

you will need to remove the plastic cover on the forward part of the door to access the 3 screws that holds the exterior triangle peice.
once this is removed you will see the screw. now this is where it gets tricky.
the clips break easy if the car is older like 92 but I have had 2001's break. put the window down and pull the rubber scrapper up a little so you can see how the clips hold in place. the best way is after you remove the small screw on the exterior pull the tip up a little and pull the whole long peice twords the front of the car it loosens the clips and a wiggle left and wiggle right will pop them free, now 1 or 2 may break.
but after you put it back on it can still hold with a few broken. Acura still sells them I think they were 3-4 dollars each.

putting it back on is pretty easy line everything up and press down and you will hear them all click, then slide the long peice twords the exterior door lever to lock it into place put the scre back in.

its not that bad but acura would charge you prob 300 bucks to do this.

there are 7 clips for the outter door window scrapper, and 1 screw under the forward triangle peice

you dont need to remove the interior door panel to take this off.

you will need to remove the plastic cover on the forward part of the door to access the 3 screws that holds the exterior triangle peice.
once this is removed you will see the screw. now this is where it gets tricky.
the clips break easy if the car is older like 92 but I have had 2001's break. put the window down and pull the rubber scrapper up a little so you can see how the clips hold in place. the best way is after you remove the small screw on the exterior pull the tip up a little and pull the whole long peice twords the front of the car it loosens the clips and a wiggle left and wiggle right will pop them free, now 1 or 2 may break.
but after you put it back on it can still hold with a few broken. Acura still sells them I think they were 3-4 dollars each.

putting it back on is pretty easy line everything up and press down and you will hear them all click, then slide the long peice twords the exterior door lever to lock it into place put the scre back in.

its not that bad but acura would charge you prob 300 bucks to do this.

Avoiding removal of the inner door panel is +++++! I had briefly checked the Service Manual and my recollection was that the interior panel had to come off. Not removing the interior panel avoids a lot of hassle. I will definitely purchase 2 or 3 of those clips for the scraper.

Thank-you for the excellent advice!

Last edited:
Be really careful with that chrome piece at the very top on the inside. Really easy to kink it and it's NLA as far as I know.

yes the chrome part inside is very easy to dent, but you dont need to go near it when your on the outside. goodluck bro

Back