• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Removing water spots

The search is down..

What's the best way to remove water spots on a black car?

I zaino'd (Dawn, Z1, Z5 and Z2 finished with Z6) my car along with the clay bar on Sat and nothing..

Any other suggestions?

Unfortunatley, the search function is not working for me right now. But when it's working again just do a quick search. This has all been hashed out recently. Depends on the severity of the water spots. In one instance, I had to use Acrysol to strip everything to get rid of some water spots.

spyderman33 said:
... funny I am also currently in St Louis on business..It's cold!
And I just got back from south Florida and the Bahamas, and it was very nice indeed. You need to pack your bags and get outa dodge. :D

The regular cooking vinegar will work just fine without damaging your paint.

spyderman33 said:
So how do you do it? wash the car and rub the vinegar in and then re-wax?

can you tell me how to use it?

Yes, you would rub the vinegar in and rub it gently. Wash away the vinegar with water and see if the spot is gone. If not, try again for longer time, and rinse with water. I was informed that it should not remove your wax, but I usually re-wax!

If it's a stubborn water mark that has already been etched onto the paint, this may not work.

I just got this problem today when my panel shop washed my car out in the sun and the water dried and got etched into the paint.

So which method vinegar or windex ? btw, r u serious bout the windex ?

Much appreciated it just looks horrible.
grrr....

Nico

I have a spray bottle handy filled with 2-3 ounces of white vinegar and the rest water. I spray it on and wipe it off with an absorber or chamois. The boating guys use this stuff after being on the lake all day with spots galore.

I tried the vinegar, scratch removers, different stage cleaners, clay bar with about 80% improvement. I finally took it to a Meguiar's detailer and he removed it with their high speed buffer in a matter of 5 minutes. Don't know what compounds they used. You can try detailersparadise.com

Jeff

No need to buff, order some Imperial Hand Glaze It will remove all your wax but shines like a new nickle. Follow up with a good wax I use PS21 anything with a high content of carnauba wax. Key is to do a small area at a time, back and forth motion not circles, and keep a lot of clean soft rags handy. One to apply one to remove.

Back