• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Repaint the frontbumper ?

Unfortunately my frontbumper has got a lot of scrathes from stones and whatever from traffic. I am thinking of repainting only the bumper . Have anyone in this forum done it and do you have have good or bad experience from it ? Did you take just the bumper to the painter or the whole car ? ( Winterjob ? )What about eventual differens in colour? What about the new paint , new traffic Vs. the oem paint and traffic, much better or worse? Some guys in US answered to my question that they had done it several times and had non of the problems above. My car is a -91 black.
Lars-Erik

I have just had my front bumper repainted. I took it off myself, and stripped it and took only the bumper cover to the dealer. A Honda NSX dealer painted it and it is very good, like new. It was 10 hours labour at the dealer, as they sanded back all the old paint. The match is perfect, the colour is black.
While the bumper was off I also painted my self the steel beam, as had small surface rust. I also took apart and cleaned the headlight washers, as water goes down them and the screws behind rust.

Cost £400.

Back