• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Replacing Seat Belts

I got new seat belts in to replace my old ones. The passenger side is bad and I discovered the tensioner charge has gone off. I am sure it has been like that for a while even with the last owner because I have not done anything to make it go off.

To the point though. I have read the instructions that came in the boxes with the seat belts, and I have read my service manual. There doesn't seem to be any tricks that I need to do, but the belts on the new ones will not pull out. My question to those that have knowledge of these things is, did I get two bad ones from the factory, or am I doing something wrong?

My SRS light did go out after I installed the passenger side and connected it, but the belt will not pull out on it. Any help would be appreciated.

Jason

I finally figured it out, just took some messing around with the belt to get it to start working its way out.

drew said:
Any docs to backup the seatbelt warranty?
No, but I've never really looked. I have had my Integra's passenger side automatic seatbelt replaced for free no questions asked. It was done by Nalley Acura in Georgia. They even washed it. :D

They would not have replaced this one under warranty, trust me. It is something the previous owner should have replaced but did not. I was told about the life time warranty on the seat belts by Scott at Acura of Escondido before I purchased them. I thought that was pretty stand-up of him to tell me before placing my order for them, instead of just taking my money. Turns out I had to pay, oh well, my SRS light is off now!!!

53heloFE said:
They would not have replaced this one under warranty, trust me. It is something the previous owner should have replaced but did not. I was told about the life time warranty on the seat belts by Scott at Acura of Escondido before I purchased them. I thought that was pretty stand-up of him to tell me before placing my order for them, instead of just taking my money. Turns out I had to pay, oh well, my SRS light is off now!!!
Not here to debate your comments, but I had (2) different seats belts from (2) different Acura dealerships replaced free of charge. No questions asked because this is a life safety issue. The (2) cars that had seat belts replaced was a 89 Integra and a 88 Legend which was a (2) owner car, me being the second. This should be the case unless the seat belts were intentionally cut or something weird like that.

dave22 said:
In the future, just take it to the dealer. They'll fix any seat belt-related issues for free for the life of the car. :)
^^^^^CORRECTO MUNDO!^^^^^^

One more data point -- the passenger seat belt went out on my beater 87 CRX -- the dealer replaced the whole thing, gratis.

Back