• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

reputable tint shop in OC?

I have asked before, but like to know if there is any new shops around OC area, that have experiences tinting NSXs. The ones I talked to either try to raise the price after hearing the car is an NSX, or just sounds fishy.

any suggestions?

thanks,

Just for comparison how much were you quoted? I got a quote for $275.00 = 2 sides, the rear glass and the ws.

ss_md said:
Just for comparison how much were you quoted? I got a quote for $275.00 = 2 sides, the rear glass and the ws.
where?

supergreen125 said:
In Laguna Niguel/Mission Viejo. Used my daughters '03 Eclipse as a guinea pig to see workmanship. Looked pretty good after they added the film to cover the shade dots in the upper rr window. Hers was $185. for rr, sides and 2 sm. rr sides. The guy says he has tinted many high-end cars. We'll see when he does mine on the 7th. of June.

ss_md said:

ws=windshield??? do you mean that little strip, or the entire thing?

quotes i've gotten ranges from 300 up to 450+ for just the 2 sides, and the rear windshield. I didn't think it should cost that much for 3 windows. granted the rear is abit more difficult. anyone else??

I had my wife's Camry done at Terrific Tint in Mission Viejo. They did an excellent job, were very competitively priced and warranty their work.

One nice thing about them was they don't cut the tint on your window...which can sometimes be a bit sloppy. They had a machine with a database of every car's (don't know if they have NSX?) window size and a computer pre-cuts the film for them. Very cool.

I don't think it matters if someone has done an NSX or not. If they're good, it shouldn't be an issue. Plus they let me wait and watch while they did it.

http://www.aterrifictint.com/

Good luck!

Roadster

Mike's Tint Shop, that all he does, no stereo equipment install no aftermarket parts, just tint. In Buena Park near Tower Records on Beach and Lincoln I think. Quick walk to Knotts Berry Farm.

Tan

Tantheman said:
Mike's Tint Shop, that all he does, no stereo equipment install no aftermarket parts, just tint. In Buena Park near Tower Records on Beach and Lincoln I think. Quick walk to Knotts Berry Farm.

Tan

quoted me $125 on phone, granted it's few months back. I show up at the shop, 125 is only for dye film, and back window will be done in several pieces.

If i wanted metallic films, with 1 piece backwindow, it starts at $300, and pending on type of metallic film, and it goes up!

SilverOne said:
ws=windshield??? do you mean that little strip, or the entire thing?
That's for the entire front windsheld - yes I know it's illegal to tint the front. Many are doing it with the 85% film. When the other windows are tinted you cannot tell the front is tinted - JMO.

tint shop

ss_md,
how much for just the rear window and 2 sides?

Paul

Re: tint shop

HPV100 said:
ss_md,
how much for just the rear window and 2 sides?

Paul
$175.00

SilverOne said:
I have asked before, but like to know if there is any new shops around OC area, that have experiences tinting NSXs. The ones I talked to either try to raise the price after hearing the car is an NSX, or just sounds fishy.

any suggestions?

thanks,

I had my nsx done at The Tint Connection in Costa Mesa and they did a great job. The owner, Jim, used to have an nsx so he was pretty familiar with the car. In addition to my car, we took in 2 Audi A4's, a G35, BMW 330i and a CLK and all turned out really well. their number is (949) 650-TINT.

Had my windows tinted on Saturday. These guys did a great job. It actually came out to $195.00 for 2 sides and rear. If you are interested in getting your windows tinted this is a good place to go. Here are the specifics:
Sun Tamers (Ask for Frank he is the owner)
26022 Cape Drive Unit - A
Laguna Niguel 92677
949-582-8200
Request that Raymond does the work. Also mention that you are with the NSX Club and Frank will give you a discount. FYI - I paid full price - so I don't know how much will be discounted.

Last edited:
Called around, and decided to give Frank a try due to NAV system on the car. I didn't want to risk putting metalized film and having signal blocked then redo the tintint..etc. He sounded like a nice guy on the phone.

This is a little late for this thread but.....

A REALLY good tint guy in OC is Toby Larsson at Elite Window Tinting. Good prices, knows how to do an NSX (one piece for the rear glass), great workmanship, and mobile service 7 days a week. 714-998-7797

Back