• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

REQUEST: List of current/active disputes with Dali Racing

Re: REQUEST: List of disputes with Dali Racing

Same old Dali story. Ordered several times from MJ with no problems one order included a set of "B" CF covers.

One cover fell off at a DE weekend. I e-mailed and sent pics. MJ asked for the other and agreed that the glue used by "his CF Guy" was hot glue gun stuff.

He said he would send me a NEW set with better glue. Now he won't e-mail me back.

Over a year ago and I'm out sending the 1 CF panel back and the cost of the "B" pillar CF set. :mad:

I'm not going to order from him anymore.

Too bad as he has good prices and ships fast but anyone could have great prices if you only ship 3/4 the orders and keep all the other money.
100% PROFIT Baby

Not the way I would run a business but seems to work for him.

I bought $350 worth of parts from Dali a few months ago. I received what I ordered with my only gripe being the excessive shipping charges he attached. However, the number and nature of complaints against Dali are simply staggering.

From having seen so many complaints about this Dali guy, it is clear he slides into criminal behavior, at random, and for whatever reason(s) (drunk, on drugs, bi-polar, gambling debts...). In my opinion, NSX Prime should post a notice somewhere on the vendor page or elsewhere to warn people about the risk of buying parts from this bozo. Had I not received my parts nor money refunded only to find a plethora of similar experiences from other hapless Primers, I would be double unhappy.

I've been ripped-off by another Prime member for $425 who had a positive rating. Oh well. Nothing's perfect. I'm pretty upset, though. At least let's warn others when there is an apparent need to do so as you guys are doing.

You reap what you sow. This Dali guy needs to be treated by this great community as such. My $0.05.

Small transaction in August of '06. Ordered a cup holder...both Lg and Sm holders...in stock...$65 or so. Got a reply email saying out of stock and did I want to wait until they come back in. Yes, I'd wait, I replied. Never received. Over the last couple years I emailed 3 or 4 times (included original order DR confirmation and paypal emails for support documentation) asking to apply money to intake duct, of course saying I'd pay the difference. Never a reply. Don't know how I got on his shit list of non-response or why he thinks I deserve it. Total abuse of power, which I abhor. I'm glad I started my transactions small with him... A boycott of his remaining inventory would be a fitting ending. Too bad we're drawn to a flashy website with no credibility to back it up. I can forward original detail emails if investigation requires/warrants.

C. Current status of dispute (got product, got refund, successful paypal or credit card dispute, never resolved, etc.)
D. If resolved, how long it took to resolve.

For #C and #D someone will need to follow up on old disputes with the person who posted it because not everyone comes back and posts when a dispute is resolved. I need a list where I can clearly identify disputes that are still outstanding.

Is anyone willing to do this? If not, I'm just going to go with disputes less than 90 days old for the final list. I don't want to do that, so I'd really appreciate it if someone who has been calling for action would take the initiative on this. Thanks.

A. Lankstarr
B. http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117833
C. 19.02.08 Payment of $798.71 sent for JDM Type R lower Chassis bars... one bar outstanding from a 2 bar set $239 plus 3% paypal = $246

19.08.08 Total payment $398.31, Leather seat cushion outstanding cost of $275 + 3% paypal = $283

23.11.08 Total payment of $222 for Dali round red powder-coated coolant tank. Tank still outstanding for full amount (including paypal) of $222.

D. NOW RESOLVED.

I put a new order in with Mark and asked him to ship my outstanding items that were now showing as in stock. Mark came straight back to confirm and refunded half the price of the rollbars I ordered and only received one of. I ended up with a credit to my paypal account and the goods were received today in the UK - less than a week after ordering.

I'm not defending the past lack of communication but suggesting that you could try and rekindle your order by reordering something else (I ordered $5 pushpins and knew they were paypal protected!). I forgot that I ordered a rectangular coolant tank not a round one; Mark picked up on this instantly showing he had detailed records of my outstanding order.

Good luck to any that try this - it worked for me with outstanding items from over a year ago. Nothing to lose and all to gain as far as I saw it - only wirth trying if your items are in stock though I'd say.

Luke

Is anyone willing to do this? If not, I'm just going to go with disputes less than 90 days old for the final list. I don't want to do that, so I'd really appreciate it if someone who has been calling for action would take the initiative on this. Thanks.

PM me how to do what you want done and I will handle it.

PM me how to do what you want done and I will handle it.

First, THANK YOU for offering to help!

As for what I am looking to get done, just try to contact the folks who had posted disputes in the past and see if it is still an outstanding issue or if it has been resolved. If resolved, when and how (got refund, got product, etc.)

This is my first time checking out posts from disgruntled Dali customers and I'm surprised because I thought I was the only one. Here's my experience: Bought a baffled oil pan about 2 years ago, sent back my original, but never received the $100 core charge. After about a year and 6 or 7 emails or so with no response, I gave up. I only got responses back on questions I asked about other parts I was thinking about buying... convenient, huh?

Relative to what I've spent on my car, is $100 a big deal? No. But, it's the friggin BUSINESS PRINCIPLE I'm pissed off about! If you need people to donate money to you, say so, but don't just blatantly STEAL people's money, MARK JOHNSON.

First, THANK YOU for offering to help!

As for what I am looking to get done, just try to contact the folks who had posted disputes in the past and see if it is still an outstanding issue or if it has been resolved. If resolved, when and how (got refund, got product, etc.)

I will start the proces now.

thanks lud, i think it is great you are trying to help.
(never bought from him, never will)

Just over 2 year ago I order from him steering hub, paid 200+ usd, still waiting... No reply at all.

Someone mentioned me above, but here are the details:

A. Aiken Drum
B. http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103100
C. Successful credit card dispute
D. Never resolved with Mark, nor even responded to by Mark, but only through forced credit chargeback

Wow, did not know this. I guess its better off dealing with SOS then.

I was going to get the DALI sway bars, should I be concerned? Maybe I should just order it with my CC that way I can just call them to cancle the payment if needed?

Last edited:

I have been searching for people..

If others want to help great!

approximately how many have you tried to contact and what has the response been? can you post the updates for the ones you have been able to contact? then perhaps some others can help with the rest.

anything ever come out of this?

Seems like a lot of folks have had issues, but items are still forsale on here?

anything ever come out of this?

if you take a minute to read the thread you will see:

I asked for someone to provide a list of disputes that are known to still be active

Some people provided old disputes, some provided current ones or updates.

I asked for someone to volunteer to check on the status of the old ones and provide a consolidated list of disputes that have not been resolved.

March 21 someone volunteered. I am not clear on what has happened since then - how many people / who was contacted, what responses were received, if there was trouble contacting people, etc.

That is where we stand. So it seems the answer to your question is that, to date, nothing has come of it. If you (or anyone) wants to assist with the process, please take charge and do so.

It has been over 4 months since my request and 3 months since someone volunteered to check on the status of previously reported disputes and compile a current list. I'd like to get at least a status update if possible.

It has been over 4 months since my request and 3 months since someone volunteered to check on the status of previously reported disputes and compile a current list. I'd like to get at least a status update if possible.

Sorry I run 4 businesses day in and day out and spend about 30 hours a week at auto auctions so I am a little busy especially since it is so hard to find used cars these days..

I had sent out several emails (9) to old dispute thread OP and got only a small response. Most of the guys that had a problem years ago dont give a _-_- anymore.. Those of us that will be around and plan on being here for the long haul are the ones that need to step forward.

RSO posted a good list. I have simply been directing people to this thread not compiling a seperate list. Can you PM me and give me other avenues to take?

Seems to me the only resolved issues are the ones people were able to get handled by Paypal or ther own CC. Has MJ ever resolved a dispute??

I am not sure why MJ does these things and this is not my website to run but a responsible thing to happen is to tell him to reply to this thread to explain the circumstances or he will not do business anymore on this site. I know myself if I conducted my business on this site in the manner he does I would expect to be banned. There are disputes dating back YEARS!!

Lud, Please PM or post anything else I can do. But the thousands of dollars he has stolen from prime members should speak for itself. :mad:

Last edited:

^ outstanding post!!!

The whole reason I asked if anything came out of this was, they still use this site to sell parts and people from this site (TONS for the looks of this topic) have got scammed. So I really didn't understand, and I still don't, how they were/still are allowed to use the site to sell products. I'm a member who has NEVER done business with them and was wanting to. I'm not going to sit here and do research or head up a movement to get to the bottom of whats going on with this and them since it has nothing to do with me. Like SOURCENSX said...that's up to users on this site with disputes with them that are still active or maybe its not active because they just said fuck it. I was just wondering if something had been worked out (after this topic) and people were NOW working with them again (guess some are and those that got fucked arent?). From the looks of it, it hasn't been worked out and I'm not looking to do any sort of business with them. Simple enough for me.

if you take a minute to read the thread

I did read the thread...few times actually. But still didnt answer my question if anything ever came out of it.

^ outstanding post!!!

The whole reason I asked if anything came out of this was, they still use this site to sell parts and people from this site (TONS for the looks of this topic) have got scammed. So I really didn't understand, and I still don't, how they were/still are allowed to use the site to sell products. I'm a member who has NEVER done business with them and was wanting to. I'm not going to sit here and do research or head up a movement to get to the bottom of whats going on with this and them since it has nothing to do with me. Like SOURCENSX said...that's up to users on this site with disputes with them that are still active or maybe its not active because they just said fuck it. I was just wondering if something had been worked out (after this topic) and people were NOW working with them again (guess some are and those that got fucked arent?). From the looks of it, it hasn't been worked out and I'm not looking to do any sort of business with them. Simple enough for me.

I did read the thread...few times actually. But still didnt answer my question if anything ever came out of it.

Thanks.

Lud,

Stop jerking us around. This is your forum and you catch people messing around even in minor ways pretty quickly. I don't believe for a second that you are not aware of the exact extent and degree to which Mark Johnson arbitrarily screws members of our community over and never resolves anything himself. Don't insult our intelligence by playing the "I don't know enough, tell me more," part.

Either ban the guy or don't, but don't pretend it's our responsibility to figure things out for you. You've had more than enough feedback and there's more than enough information already on this thread to damn Mark Johnson.

(Personally, I would think the link to the issue with scamming Guus Toth, even post-mortem, would be enough to make your mind up. But, apparently it's not...?)

Seriously, Lud. Man up.

Back