• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Review of Angus (Wil's) AP-X exhaust

When we refer to drone, it is a specific frequency (in this case just above 100hz) that only comes in at a certain RPM that is annoying to the ear and intrusive while driving.

The nsx has a propensity for this in a lot of the exhuasts on the market , it is still present yet very well muted in my exhaust - as I said, this exhaust is very tame at idle and cruising and only has what has been described as "a hint" of drone - at a certain load point - I could tune it further but would the added cost and weight be worth it?

I don't honestly think the drone with mine is an issue at all. In all honesty, when I'm just cruising, it's a little bit too quiet. Some headers and high flow cats should help with that though. :D

I am thinking about this exhaust, but I hate drone and it appears to be an issue on the 3.2 motors.

Anyone out there with a 3.2, have you noticed it get better over time?

The anytime Exhaust I had never droned and was an 11HP gain. I miss it.

For me it's probably gotten better over time, more so because I've driven the car often enough where I don't really notice it much at all.

I have definitely noticed that the drone is a "break in" thing, I just had a customer car back in after a few weeks and it only had a VERY slight drone while floored at 2200rpm (how often do you do that?)

But while cruising and light acceleration had ZERO drone.

Back