• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

reviews are out

another Stradman videoNSX got past the 458 and Aventador at elevation and lost to the 650Shttps://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YOqucQsxkSo

Anyone see this review. Auto car uk?

Compares i8, 570 and nsx

Auto car uk

We finally got our hands on the new Honda NSX. Check out the magazine tomorrow for a test against the mighty McLaren 570S.

28 September - out now
In this week's mag: new Honda NSX goes up against the BMW i8 and McLaren 570S,

Last edited:
I may not ever get to drive one and I do so envy you owners, lucky for you that you live overseas from Australia! :)

Here, for fastaussie's edification, is ANOTHER positive review. But as I've always maintained, it was only when we started to get direct, side by side comparisons of real world conditions would the true worth of the NSX MkII be revealed - for good or bad! Now I'll be the first to admit I've been surprised and disappointed by the 'on track' results so far, as I reasonably [I thought] expected to see the NSX a much quicker on track car than the R35. But it isn't for any number of reasons we won't go into right here.

I'll let the review, taken from Motor Magazine [Australia] speak for itself, and it's an on-road comparison with the McLaren 570GT by respected scribe Gavin Green.

IMG_20161003_124010532_zpstdy6pghz.jpg

IMG_20161003_124003619_zpsmsoyk6bk.jpg

IMG_20161003_124029345_zpsxml2j86b.jpg

IMG_20161003_124041350_zpstbsewaaw.jpg

IMG_20161003_124058820_zpsojgfj224.jpg

IMG_20161003_124111057_zpsxlbexmxn.jpg

IMG_20161003_124129640_TOP_zpsvcu6dqpj.jpg

Here, for fastaussie's edification, is ANOTHER positive review. But as I've always maintained, it was only when we started to get direct, side by side comparisons of real world conditions would the true worth of the NSX MkII be revealed - for good or bad! Now I'll be the first to admit I've been surprised and disappointed by the 'on track' results so far, as I reasonably [I thought] expected to see the NSX a much quicker on track car
yeah mate, it's the McLaren all day...

- - - Updated - - -

and bloody hell does it look fetching in that silver/red...

Ying and Yang fastaussie. It's not for you, cool, but I wish you'd at least acknowledge it is an achievement of sorts.

And I'm not a big fan of the NSX's visual appeal [never liked the back since I saw it at the Australian F1 last year], but I reckon it looks better than that McLaren, inside and out. Personal preference of course :D

Impressive it beat the 700 hp Aventador and it didn't look like the 650S was going to win off the line. It most have finally beat it at the very end of 100+ mph

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/YOqucQsxkSo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

- - - Updated - - -

7:14 mark is when the races start.

i wouldn't exactly call that a legitimate acceleration test boys.the Aventador will smoke a 650S, especially off the line. and either car has the NSX covered also. both cars are about a second quicker through the 1/4 mile additionally. that's a highly amateur drag race at best, don't get too excited...
Ying and Yang fastaussie. It's not for you, cool, but I wish you'd at least acknowledge it is an achievement of sorts.And I'm not a big fan of the NSX's visual appeal [never liked the back since I saw it at the Australian F1 last year], but I reckon it looks better than that McLaren, inside and out. Personal preference of course :D
it's an achievement for sure. but it isn't achieving nearly as much as it should, or you said it would with its fancy schmancy SH-AWD...

- - - Updated - - -

p.s. i tried to insert a big smiley face at the end of my last sentence, but it isn't working along with spacing and breaks...

Fastaussie, I'm curious: do you think that the new NSX is objectively and inherently not a reasonable choice for anyone, or do you simply personally not prefer it to alternatives? It is easy for me to understand why people would say "Great car, but I prefer alternative X or Y." But you seem to consistently take a position closer to "no one should buy the NSX." Some cars have categorical flaws (I understand why people say "GT-R is fugly and I would never drive one" or "Corvettes are a dime a dozen and broadcast a white trash vibe"-- even though I've owned and enjoyed both of those brands with pride). But I don't see any categorical deal breakers for the NSX. Do you?

....hmmmmmmmmmm I think the nsxpo committee should rethink think having fastaussie as guest banquet speaker

A win is a win. I prefer to see production cars in real world environments versus questionable sand-bagged test cars from journalist...

All of these cars pretty much drive themselves now in launch mode tho. Astonishing that the V12 would lose over 120 hp at that attitude to lose to the NSX...

- - - Updated - - -

And FA, I'll admit only 73 hp from 400+ lb weight gain is a questionable trade-off. But the results are still impressive and no one has denied that. The tech will improve in the upcoming years hopefully. Give it time.

But again, let's keep in mind, the first NSX was never a track monster and has become beloved by many over the years.

....hmmmmmmmmmm I think the nsxpo committee should rethink think having fastaussie as guest banquet speaker
i'm still on for the banquet!
Did you read the same review? The author clearly says the NSX is the overall winner and the McLaren is the thrill car.
read it again, and pay attention to the amount of negatives of the NSX versus the McLaren. they complained about the Honda's cheap interior, steering wheel, controls, low redline, said the McLaren had a better seating position, sounded better, quicker transmission, etc. they also liked things about the NSX better too, but it seemed less things. if you want a broader, softer, do-it-all Supercar, then yes, choose the NSX. if you want excitement and "driving entertainment" (hmmn, perhaps the reason most people buy a Supercar to begin with?), then it's the McLaren. they left it open to interpretation in my opinion. i'll buy an Accord if i want a sensible car thanks...
Fastaussie, I'm curious: do you think that the new NSX is objectively and inherently not a reasonable choice for anyone, or do you simply personally not prefer it to alternatives? It is easy for me to understand why people would say "Great car, but I prefer alternative X or Y." But you seem to consistently take a position closer to "no one should buy the NSX." Some cars have categorical flaws (I understand why people say "GT-R is fugly and I would never drive one" or "Corvettes are a dime a dozen and broadcast a white trash vibe"-- even though I've owned and enjoyed both of those brands with pride). But I don't see any categorical deal breakers for the NSX. Do you?
said it before, and i'll say it again. it's a great car. perfect for many people, a dream car for some. it can do many things, and do them very well. but it doesn't appear to do anything the best, and i don't see the point in Honda revamping the NSX to be 3rd, 4th, or 5th best in any of the Supercar categories. the first and most important category of Supercardom, is performance. and as has been said many other times by people who are not me, it has missed that target...

FA, I think you keep wanting Honda to make a reckless supercar to directly compete with the Italians, but we knew from 1991, and then 2012 when the concept debuted that they were not going to make the epitome of any supercar. I was surprised when the said they were going twin turbo at the very least, but we all knew it was never going to be the fastest or most visceral sports car ever. It was going to be like the first NSX, exotic looks and platform, but understated in tone, reliable, responsible, and competitive.

Fastaussie is an undercover Audi engineer. (BIG GRIN)

Last edited:
Fastaussie is an undercover Audi engineer. (BIG GRIN)
let the conspiracy theories begin!
FA, I think you keep wanting Honda to make a reckless supercar to directly compete with the Italians, but we knew from 1991, and then 2012 when the concept debuted that they were not going to make the epitome of any supercar. I was surprised when the said they were going twin turbo at the very least, but we all knew it was never going to be the fastest or most visceral sports car ever. It was going to be like the first NSX, exotic looks and platform, but understated in tone, reliable, responsible, and competitive.
here's what i expect. when Honda says they've targeted Ferrari, Porsche, McLaren and others, and are jumping back into Formula 1, and they're reviving a scared and revered name plate after so long (not including gestation time for 2.0), i expect them to smack it well out of the park and flex all that hybrid tech smarts they've been touting for the last few years. and nothing less really. Supercars aren't sensible, responsible, and they're definitely not understated. if you're gonna go for it, let it rip...

Forgive me guys, I just thought this thread needed a quote from someone who doesn't give a shit. The new nsx is an awesomely designed car to the eye of a current nsx owner. The R8 is ridiculous at speed but looks hideous. So it basically comes down to what you wish your 200,000 dollars to represent. I will just leave it at that but things are looking a little corvette/ viper forums around here lately. (Shrug)

I'll let the review, taken from Motor Magazine [Australia] speak for itself, and it's an on-road comparison with the McLaren 570GT by respected scribe Gavin Green.
Thanks for posting that. I enjoyed the write-up greatly and I think expresses much about what attracts me to the car.

Just posted on The Temple by Jeff himself -

Apparently Acura have discovered that the rear alignment on the NSX for the Motor Trend Hot Lap was way out of whack, which explains why the car was so loose during the comparison! MT had had the car for some time before the test, so no word on the how and why from Acura, who have confirmed they delivered an in-spec car (you don't say). What isn't known by Jeff is whether the posted time is with the shonky aligment or whether they retested the car and the times are the result of a correctly wheel aligned example? Time will tell.

Acura have discovered that the rear alignment on the NSX for the Motor Trend Hot Lap was way out of whack, which explains why the car was so loose during the comparison!
Whatever. I am HIGHLY skeptical of such claims. It is more likely that Acura knew EXACTLY how the car was set up and made a decision to alter the alignment in a way they thought would allow Randy to turn a faster lap, but they bet wrong. And now they want a do over.

Last edited:
So you really think Acura's engineers would have experimented with the aligment, without thoroughly testing the change, before handing it to a magazine? Acura might be incompetent in marketing, but I don't think they are such bad engineers.

So you really think Acura's engineers would have experimented with the aligment, without thoroughly testing the change, before handing it to a magazine? Acura might be incompetent in marketing, but I don't think they are such bad engineers.
Yes. It is precisely because I think they have competent engineers that I think a significant alignment "problem" was unlikely a stupid error, but rather was a "failed bet."

Last edited:
Whatever. I am HIGHLY skeptical of such claims. It is more likely that Acura knew EXACTLY how the car was set up and made a decision to alter the alignment in a way they thought would allow Randy to turn a faster lap, but they bet wrong. And now they want a do over.
i agree, it sounds like yet another excuse...

Back