• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

rick's (s4play) nsx for sale?

So what that it's almost the price of a GTR? Maybe someone likes the NSX better and this is a rare one. So while there may not be that much demand, there also isn't much supply. And that is what eventually sets the price. Just because someone doesn't pick a GTR over it doesn't mean they have an inability to reason. They just like it better. There are many cars that were "worth more" over the years to many people who looked at performance numbers over the NSX, most every one of those cars is now worth LESS. Vettes, vipers, Porsches, BMW M's, AMG's... even some Ferraris. The GTR will eventually fall into that category as well. There are already GTR's going for less than many late model NSX's. Obviously if someone is buying them, they see something in them that they don't see in other cars even at that $.

People pay $90k for a new GTR because it has a $20k trick transmission, hi tech 4wd system that defies physics, and is able to spank cars costing many more times. THIS makes sense. Some of you, sadly, believe it's worth it to pay $20k more than average for a USED NSX just because it is white. Makes absolutely no sense.

Some pay 26 million for a ferrari and I'm pretty sure a BRZ would school it on the track.

People pay $90k for a new GTR because it has a $20k trick transmission, hi tech 4wd system that defies physics, and is able to spank cars costing many more times. THIS makes sense. Some of you, sadly, believe it's worth it to pay $20k more than average for a USED NSX just because it is white. Makes absolutely no sense.

You are a young-P here, and you are right about NSX that is just another shitty Honda. Go join Camaro SS club, and people here are make absolutely no sense. By the way, NSX is so outdated, why are you here?

Last edited:
I'm sure he will get the asking price. Super rare car. If i could afford it i would pay it. That is my favorite color combo. Next would be LBBP/BLK which are also hard to find these days

I'm sure he will get the asking price.

I'm not so sure about that. There have been several high priced cars here that either don't sell or go through flea bay and sell for far less despite everyone here saying they would buy at the inflated prices if they had the money. Tabasco has been "selling" his car for almost 8 years and he still has it. This Blue 2005 (with rebuilt title) was listed here for $85,000 and just sold for $42,000 in a no reserve auction on flea bay. http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...idebody-vin-JH4NA21615S000066-(REBUILT-TITLE)

I am amazed at the number of people who say they would pay these prices "if they had the money" and yet sales at these prices are virtually non-existent.

I'm not so sure about that. There have been several high priced cars here that either don't sell or go through flea bay and sell for far less despite everyone here saying they would buy at the inflated prices if they had the money. Tabasco has been "selling" his car for almost 8 years and he still has it. This Blue 2005 (with rebuilt title) was listed here for $85,000 and just sold for $42,000 in a no reserve auction on flea bay. http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...idebody-vin-JH4NA21615S000066-(REBUILT-TITLE)

I am amazed at the number of people who say they would pay these prices "if they had the money" and yet sales at these prices are virtually non-existent.
Tabasco's car is priced at a point nobody will buy it. I tried and i dont think he wants to sell it. The other car Smoore is my friend and he had no intention of getting even close to 85k for it. The reason he let that car sell for 42k is when he did the widebody the paint shop really screwed the paint up. The whole car needs to be repainted and its salvaged. Might take a long time for the white one to sell but someone who wants one does not exactly have many to pick from

Remember anils type-r replica sold for almost $100k. A true enthusiast that knows the NSX will want to buy it. he's also the guy that has a lambo and GT2 RS at his disposal and might not even live state side.

The other car Smoore is my friend and he had no intention of getting even close to 85k for it. The reason he let that car sell for 42k is when he did the widebody the paint shop really screwed the paint up. The whole car needs to be repainted

Then the ads he posted here and on flea bay are misleading. If he had no intention of getting even close to 85k, then why list if for that price?

- - - Updated - - -

Remember anils type-r replica sold for almost $100k.

His car sold for more than 100k to a dealer who didn't understand its value. That dealer tried to sell it several times thereafter and his best offer was around 75k, 40k less than the dealer paid. There may be someone who doesn't understand values overpaying every now and then but a true nsx enthusiast isn't going to pay these inflated prices.

Last edited:
It would be interesting to know true NSX sales prices for some of these late model (02-05) NSXes. Some are listed quite high (mid-60's-high 70's and now even 87K). I'm thinking maybe some sell up to the mid-60s but how often and is anybody pulling in 70+, and if so are those some true unicorns?

Based on what the asking prices are on some of these late models, one would be led to believe that prices may be crawling up. But asking and selling are two different things.

Everything is for sale at the right price..... I'm sure if he needed the car sold we would of saw it priced in the $60-65k range. I wonder why he didn't list it here on prime? Either way lots of publicity for his NSX ;)

Everything is for sale at the right price..... I'm sure if he needed the car sold we would of saw it priced in the $60-65k range. I wonder why he didn't list it here on prime? Either way lots of publicity for his NSX ;)
It's a bagin compared to the 50k he wants for his S2k. All the S2000 owners find it hilarious

threads like this are exactly why the for sale section forbids post response:eek:

You are a young-P here, and you are right about NSX that is just another shitty Honda. Go join Camaro SS club, and people here are make absolutely no sense. By the way, NSX is so outdated, why are you here?

I'm here because this is a public forum and I am an NSX fan. Don't get your panties all in a bunch just because we don't share the same views. Grow up already. Also, I don't know what a young-P is, but I guess we have moderators who are young-P, too, since we're apparently on the same page. See below.

There may be someone who doesn't understand values overpaying every now and then but a true nsx enthusiast isn't going to pay these inflated prices.

Remember dc935's Imola NSX just sold for less than $69k and its just as wanted...

To reiterate RSO 34, "there may be someone who doesn't understand values overpaying every now and then but a true nsx enthusiast isn't going to pay these inflated prices." Also, s4play's car is $10k more for white paint. I didn't know OEM paint could cost this much...on an Acura.

Sounds like you're trolling or simply don't know anything about the NSX market. White is going to cost a premium for an NSX. How much of a premium is the question.

An oem quality aftermarket paint job worthy of an Nsx would be 10 grand. however based upon the asking price of s4plays car, the paint job is 'worth' 20k.

Sounds like you're trolling or simply don't know anything about the NSX market. White is going to cost a premium for an NSX. How much of a premium is the question.

Not trolling, but s4play's white NSX is $10k over said Imola Orange NSX (which is my favorite color, btw). I'm quite confident that the pearl/metallic colors cost much more to manufacture and paint than white. My point was, high $60k for low-mileage Imola Orange, meh, I can see that happening. $90k for a white NSX? You gotta be on the white stuff called crack to make sense of it.

Back