• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Ride the Rockies 2006

KooLaid said:
Hey Doc, how about this activity:

Modify a brush guard from a Ford expedition to fit your nsx. That way you'll have your very own custom coyote bumper for the drive! lol

Just got back from vacation so I just saw this. That's a great idea! If I could do that AND put a rifle rack in the back window of the NSX, I'd do it!!

Yeah, afterwards, your NSX will look like you stole it outta the movie "MAD MAX" LoL. So where did your adventures take you on vacation? Fly yourselves? Cuba? Columbia? Bring me any souveniers? LoL

RTR details (who is going, where/when to meet, itinerary, maps, etc) have been sent via a more-private means than this forum/thread. If you didn't receive that but think you should have, PM me (besides this info you'll miss out on further RTR discussions - which will not take place on this forum/thread).

GREAT drive guys! I can't wait till ya guys get back so we can all share some pics and details! having the ferrari go with was LOTS of fun! You know you get a little over your head when you're thinking "Oh god, I think I'm gonna die....." LoL

Hehe, I even got my car up on two wheels :)

Oh yeah..... and your stinkin hike! I got a blister on the side of my pinkie toe!

Last edited:
Come on now, folks, post some pix!

Anyone have our group pic at the lake in 3+ megapixel in really good definition? My point n click digi came out a bit washed out and lacking in detail. I'd like to email a photo for wally world print out on 8x10 to frame.

Just a quick note from Chris' significant other (Amy):
Wanted to say thanks for a great week end. I really enjoyed the drive and meeting all of the NSX/S2000 folks. Even with the rain it was a fun experience and I appreciate your willingness to include the ball and chain. Thanks for including me and making me feel so welcome. I enjoyed meeting the other fairer car enthusiasts. Tell them I said Howdy. Thanks again to you all and happy speeding ( I mean spirited driving) !!

glad to see you didn't pick up any winged or 2 OR 4 legged hitch hikers with your front bumper Doc. :) Now we just gotta hunt a sticker of "Bugs Bunny" and "Wylie Coyote" for your car to show off all your kills thus far, LoL. From talking to the waitress in Walden, Moose Calling capital of the world or something, thankfully we don't need to hunt down one of "Bullwinkle" either.

KooLaid said:
Come on now, folks, post some pix!

Anyone have our group pic at the lake in 3+ megapixel in really good definition? My point n click digi came out a bit washed out and lacking in detail. I'd like to email a photo for wally world print out on 8x10 to frame.
My first priority last night was washing the NSX and getting it under it's cover (not posting pictures). That rain really sucked. My father owned the NSX for 8 years before me...yesterday was the first time he'd ever driven it in the rain (I had only driven it in the rain twice before...once several years ago after a track event and once about a month ago for like 2 miles).

I have pics from the lake in 5.1 megapixel...and greater than 5.1 megapixel in the case of panoramas :smile:. I plan to have one of the panoramas printed somewhere in poster size (like 30" or more). If Walmart/SnapFish can't handle panoramas easily I'll bug a local professional photography place I've done some business with in the past.

I'll get them up somewhere within the next day or two.

Last edited:
latzke said:
I have pics from the lake in 5.1 megapixel...and greater than 5.1 megapixel in the case of panoramas :smile:.
Some low-res teasers (shrunk to 800 wide)...

Horsetooth Res...

Original = 5264x1264, 6.6mp
SR031558%20(Medium).JPG

Looks better cropped @ Original = 5264x818, 4.3mp
SR031558-cropped_bottom%20(Medium).JPG

Independence Pass...

Original = 6384x1264, 8.0mp
SR051604%20(Medium).JPG

Original = 6448x1248, 8.0mp
SR061612%20(Medium).JPG

Original = 4112x1296, 5.3mp
SL071616%20(Medium).JPG

Last edited:
Awesome,

Thanks for posting the pics. I had a blast and my car is in my garage and still absolutely filthy. But, that will change in about 2 days when I give her a good wash.

that independence pass looks AMAZING! Wish I could have been there for that one. I'd love to get a poster of the lake btw :) I think wally world just does 8x10, and 11x15 if we're lucky.

Yeah, I noticed when I got home that I no longer had ANY water beading from the sides of my car, front to back. She gets a bath today and probably about 3-4 coats of wax these next two weeks. All that hard work to apply it gone in 400 miles! (well my 1 day drive anyhow) I did managed to rock chip the hood for the first time.... I counted 10 when it was still nasty dirty :( So who knows how many more will be there when I get down to it and look really hard......

KooLaid said:
that independence pass looks AMAZING! Wish I could have been there for that one. I'd love to get a poster of the lake btw :) I think wally world just does 8x10, and 11x15 if we're lucky.
I think Will said that with the new HP/SnapFish kiosks you can get poster prints up to 30"x40" from Wal-Mart...not sure how they handle panorama prints (I've asked Will to check). It seems you have to trick SnapFish to do poster-sized panorama prints...so it's probably the same for Wal-Mart.

Last edited:
Not all stores have the new HP poster printer in house. The only store I can say for sure is the new store at I-70 and Tower road. They can print 12x16, 16x20, and 24x36. For the 24x36 they recommend a 6 megapixel shot.

I'm sure there are other Wal-marts that have this equipment, I'll try and find out which stores.

Will

I definitely want to get a poster as well. That would be AWESOME.

David, don't sweat the rock chips, that is the price of admission for having a BLAST. ;)

Take care,
Denver

WillErickson said:
Not all stores have the new HP poster printer in house. The only store I can say for sure is the new store at I-70 and Tower road. They can print 12x16, 16x20, and 24x36. For the 24x36 they recommend a 6 megapixel shot.

I'm sure there are other Wal-marts that have this equipment, I'll try and find out which stores.

Will
What happens when you try to print a 24x36 from a picture with a panoramic aspect ratio? Do they chop the ends off to achieve the right aspect ratio (the 24x36 poster is filled with the middle section of the picture) or do they leave the photo uncropped?

Most online or self-serve photo services crop...which isn't what we want. I'm hoping the new Wal-Mart/HP kiosks are smarter (let you choose)...but I think that would be a bad assumption to make unless/until it's confirmed.

Mileage report on my two tanks of gas...

266.6 miles (to Glenwood Springs) / 12.075 gallons = 22.08 MPG
295 miles (back to JJ's) / 12.129 gallons = 24.32 MPG

Last edited:
My mileage, from denver caravan point, walden, ft. collins to castle rock (refill)

22.8 mpg

Not bad for driving like a bat out of hell, revving through all the gears for 3/4 of the trip. However due to the rain, kept it down a little bit from walden to ft collins, just a little bit. So that helped boost the average.

For the lazy slackers who made the hike half way, but turned around to come back down too soon. :tongue: I might be the slowest hiker out of the group, but like the turtle, slow but steady and I'll cross the finish line :biggrin:

Who took a bunch of the lunch time photos????? I'd like to see those. I saw that "latzke" had one in the link to his homepage, but I did see quite a few flashes... literally. think it was 5 flashes, or was it 50? Then it took the picture, lol.

14601DSCF0048-med.JPG

latzke: What's the story behind the buckets, and the suv's and truck? I'm assuming those punks took over your reserved parking spots? Then you're just documenting with photos in the event something happens to one of the cars???

KooLaid said:
latzke: What's the story behind the buckets, and the suv's and truck? I'm assuming those punks took over your reserved parking spots? Then you're just documenting with photos in the event something happens to one of the cars???
Yep.

KooLaid said:
Who took a bunch of the lunch time photos????? I'd like to see those. I saw that "latzke" had one in the link to his homepage, but I did see quite a few flashes... literally. think it was 5 flashes, or was it 50? Then it took the picture, lol.
Sunday afternoon I realized I didn't take nearly enough pictures of the group or various people...I would, like KooLaid, be interested in these types of pictures that others took.

Craig, a great turn out after all. I almost joined the caravan at 120th and
I-25 Sat. morning with my Porsche cayenne turbo. I don't think the beast on steroids :cool: would have been appreciated in the almost Honda purebred mix. :smile:

Thumbs up to the Ferrari and all you guys who had the B@@@S to put your sweet ride on the road given weather conditions Sat. morning.

PLEASE, MORE PIC.

Fun2romein said:
I almost joined the caravan at 120th and I-25 Sat. morning with my Porsche cayenne turbo. I don't think the beast on steroids :cool: would have been appreciated in the almost Honda purebred mix. :smile:
Next year we expect you to bring the 360...or a 430 if you upgrade by then. :wink:

You got me, I definitely have some and will post them soon.

We could definitely use a couple more ferrari's to challenge our honda's/acura's. ;)

Back