• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Rough gas pedal anyone?

I'm so used to driving my 98 Integra GSR with the soft gas pedal that whenever I get into my NSX, the gas pedal is neither smooth nor easy. For example, whenever I step on the gas pedal softly, I have to apply certain pressure before the throttle engages and when it does the engine revs up and lunges forward. When the car is in motion and I let off the pedal I feel the car jerk. Stepping on the pedal causes the car to softly lung forward. If press/depress the pedal several time quickly while the car is in motion you'll feel the car knocking back and forth. Is this normal?

I took the car several times to the dealer (Acura of Bellevue) and their NSX tech couldn’t find anything wrong with it. He said it felt like butter. Whatever that means.

Sounds like you're just not accustomed to having 270 hp connected to the pedal. Press on the pedal, and it GOES!!! Lift, and it DOESN'T GO.

You might try driving someone else's NSX and see if it feels the same way.

Originally posted by MRacer:
I'm so used to driving my 98 Integra GSR with the soft gas pedal that whenever I get into my NSX, the gas pedal is neither smooth nor easy. For example, whenever I step on the gas pedal softly, I have to apply certain pressure before the throttle engages and when it does the engine revs up and lunges forward. When the car is in motion and I let off the pedal I feel the car jerk. Stepping on the pedal causes the car to softly lung forward. If press/depress the pedal several time quickly while the car is in motion you'll feel the car knocking back and forth. Is this normal?

I took the car several times to the dealer (Acura of Bellevue) and their NSX tech couldn’t find anything wrong with it. He said it felt like butter. Whatever that means.

Sounds normal to me. I've let non-NSX owners drive my NSX on the track, and the most common comment I have is (paraphrased): "Very nice, but the throttle seems very sensitive...like it's hard to give it smooth maintenance throttle applications in mid-turn..." . I think this is especially true with the 1995+ NSX's with TBW instead of a manual linkage.

Andie

Back