• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Rough Idling!!!!

Hey guys, i heard that the Rough idle is a common problem for the '91s. I just recently bought one wonder if there is any way to get rid of it. It seems to shake quite a bit after warmed up? It feels rough but it seems like it idles fine. What could be the problem behind this? and any solutions?

Tobal,

The "rough idle" talked about with the NSX is a harmonic vibration at about 1400 rpm, during the fast idle warm up sequence. Typically at 850rpm idle the engine is very stable and really not vibrating.

Mine is a 1991 and it acts exactly as I describe. This does not mean that the car feels like it is shut down at 850 rpm. There is still an engine vibrating back there!!

I suggest you get together with a few other owners and compare, before you do anything else. It is so hard via e-mail, etc. to discuss this type of thing, but put two cars side by side and it is obvious.

HTH,
LarryB

Back