• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

RS*R Ran Up tested on my CTSC NSX (pics, dyno graphs, and overall disbelief inside)

This reminds me of EXP4 oil and gas additives - several folks here swore by it and perhaps rightfully so. It was also featured on TV with one of those garage mechanic shows with Dyno test results proving gains. EXP4 was a sponsor of NSXPO; I even received cases from the manufacturers to promote the product. I did do an oil analysis just to be sure; here was Balckstone's feedback:

HRANT: We found some trace wear metals in this additive but nothing was high enough to cause a problem. No moisture was found but insolubles turned up at 0.3%, which are likely from additive falling out of suspension. The viscosity of the additive read in the 10W range. Boron is a detergent/dispersant, while phosphorus is an anti-wear additive. We can't support your reps claims about what this additive can do for an engine but we don't think it will hurt your engine(s) either.

It would indeed be interesting to read all those promised chemical analyses of Ran-Up and test results on another SC NSX.

Ordered mine today. Will see how that works with a butt dyno.
I ordered mine a few days ago. I plan on first putting in the supercharger and seeing how that works and wondering if it effects my boost in any way. After that i would like to add it to the oil and go back to the dyno.

Well I received my Ranup yesterday. I'm not ready for an oil change yet but I did change out the oil in my SC and add a capfull of the Ranup. Hard to tell but the SC does seem to build boost slightly earlier. As far as my boost levels they did not change at. No increase in boost. Im running no cats so my boost drops from 8lbs in to the 7's once the motor goes into vtec. I have noticed when its cooler out which has been very rare lately like in the 50's the car will hit 9lbs but today its 85 out. So that being said so far no increase in boost with this product which i honestly didnt expect. I will update soon once i do my oil change

I tried Ran Up with a fresh oil change - Pennzoil Ultra 5w30. I have about 200 miles of driving since. NO CHANGE AT ALL. The engine does not rev easier, it does not idle smoother. There was absolutely no subjective difference at all. This is the first and last bottle I'm going to buy. :frown:

The only thing I noticed is my wallet is lighter by $60.

Well I received my Ranup yesterday. I'm not ready for an oil change yet but I did change out the oil in my SC and add a capfull of the Ranup. Hard to tell but the SC does seem to build boost slightly earlier. As far as my boost levels they did not change at. No increase in boost. Im running no cats so my boost drops from 8lbs in to the 7's once the motor goes into vtec. I have noticed when its cooler out which has been very rare lately like in the 50's the car will hit 9lbs but today its 85 out. So that being said so far no increase in boost with this product which i honestly didnt expect. I will update soon once i do my oil change
Awesome, thanks for the feedback

- - - Updated - - -

I tried Ran Up with a fresh oil change - Pennzoil Ultra 5w30. I have about 200 miles of driving since. NO CHANGE AT ALL. The engine does not rev easier, it does not idle smoother. There was absolutely no subjective difference at all. This is the first and last bottle I'm going to buy. :frown:

The only thing I noticed is my wallet is lighter by $60.
You can probably ask them for a refund? Though i'm shocked you bought into this *snake oil* in the first place seeing the nature of your previous posts.

That, or you need to recalibrate your butt dyno!

I have not seem one person give this product a negative review. Maybe your car runs so smooth there is no room for improvement. Lol

Well I guess I was wrong and didn't wait long enough. Took the car out last night and once it got up to running temperature I noticed it started to idle much smoother. I was very surprised since I was not expecting anything to happen

Well I guess I was wrong and didn't wait long enough. Took the car out last night and once it got up to running temperature I noticed it started to idle much smoother. I was very surprised since I was not expecting anything to happen
There is a specific break-in process. In my case, it was ran on the dyno at varying speeds for 30mins-1hrs. I'm actually not sure what it says on the box or on their website as far as this process.

Still waiting for that snake oil analysis promised ..............

As Dave mentioned earlier, there may indeed be many products that give a boost or smoother idling or .... the unanswered question is what is the long term effect. How many hours/miles of tests under what conditions? What independent labs can validate the results.

If you take testosterone or steroid supplements you will also see an improvement in some functions ......... :wink:

Another Dyno result from RS*R RAN UP

Following RYU and L_RAO footsteps, I spent a good part of my day at the RS*R facility to try the RAN UP and to see the results for myself. Both of them have detail feedback posted and I'll try not to post repeated info. My interest was not in more hp or tq gain but lower friction = improve efficiency for 50 bucks per claim.

My mods are standard: 93 NA, CT headers, high flow cats, gtlw exhaust, Prospeed - RDX injector mod with custom ROM, 110k miles, 6spd with heavy 40lbs+ OEM clutch. oil was freshly changed using Pennzoil Ultra 10w-30.

Both the baseline and the after tests were ran at 3 each and taking the 2nd highest number to compare. Proper warm up, break-in and cool down period were administered to simulate equal conditions as much as possible. Temp. variance in the shop was no more than 5F throughout the day at around 60F-ish.

The dyno is a late model SuperFlow which usually reads low compare to other dynos but has very consistent repeatability which is critical of what RSR is doing. I don't have OBD II and I am not as high tech as RYU using a logger, so we have no sure way to measure oil temp and water temp which on other later model cars they tested, the differences were quite obvious. another sign of lower friction....so they say.

In addition to the dyno charts posted,(that is not seen from the chart) the raw data(too much to post) showed an interesting comparison where Ben the dyno god set the max termination speed at 95.1mph for both b 4 and after tests and the SuperFlow logged 8.27 sec vs. 8.04 sec. to reach 95.1. Nice data point.

Butt-dyno results: After a shake down run around the block in the rain, my bucket seat and my butt was not talking to me HOWEVER, the moon and the stars have lined-up and feng-shui has arrived, my shinny JAY-DEE-M shifter knob can surely feel the side effect of the equally JAY-DEE-M RAN UP W/ much less vibration/buzzing/shaking than b 4 sitting at the traffic light and my car was running very smooth before the test....so I thought.

Next is the mileage test which will take a while to compile as its not my daily but I will post once I have something worthy. Since the delta to reach 95 is more than 2/10th per bottle, I figured, 4 bottles of RAN UP will almost equal 1 sec.. and that surely be enough to beat RYU's SC car on the track:)...Watch for the blue flag.......lol

Side note: the CEO of RSR was there as well with a few race crew installing/tuning RSR coil-overs suspension on a 2013 Mustang. In the US, RSR is known for their exhaust and I did not know RSR is a top notch brand in Japan for suspension at much high quality than TI**. There were quite a few prototype coil-overs sitting around for many american cars and the quality is quite apparent and their catalog is very extensive. They should be a force to reckon with in the US market soon.

60F +/- 3 deg. today, took the car out to burn up the remaining gas so I can start with a fresh tank to ck mileage.

it was strange......it took waaay longer to warm up the car(2-3X longer). I let it idle for a few minutes as usual and drove slowly thru my hood onto the freeway but got off the next exit as the water temp hardly moved!!?? OH NO! something was wrong but everything looked fine. After another 5-8 min on the freeway below 3k rpm to be safe, the water temp finally came up to half a bar below norm very slowly. Another few minutes it was back to normal:smile:.....in church for 1.5 hour, the same condition repeated.

my butt-dyno may lie but my hands wont. the steering wheel and my shifter knob definitely have less vibration. engine is smoother,quieter and more rev happy than before. When I putt around town, the water temp stays at half-bar lower for a long time.

The only explanation I can come up is lower friction of the RAN UP. I am impressed and intrigued with this stuff. I used other additive/treatment before but can never feel or measure the results other than accepting their theory/hypotheses and the places I bought them never had a dyno like RS*R to collect empirical data b 4 & after. Numbers don't lie.

can't wait to try this on my other car and my scooter. Cking with RS*R to see if I can use this in my gearbox so I don't need to take it apart for WPC. My guess is fine.

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing your results. Its pretty interesting stuff. I need to buy a case when I'm there.

I'm not sure I'd put it in the Trans because or LSD shares the same fluid. I forgot to ask Ben about this. Iirc he has tried this in a sport bike which has a wet clutch.

Thanks for sharing your results. Its pretty interesting stuff. I need to buy a case when I'm there.

See if they'd let you be a vendor or something! A group buy for the product will be fantastic! $50+shipping a pop is a little steep for experimental purposes for most people and i'm sure many people will be interested with a slight discount!

See if they'd let you be a vendor or something! A group buy for the product will be fantastic! $50+shipping a pop is a little steep for experimental purposes for most people and i'm sure many people will be interested with a slight discount!

the Qty break starts at 12. Group buy would be nice. I am sure they would entertain that thought.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not sure I'd put it in the Trans because or LSD shares the same fluid. I forgot to ask Ben about this. Iirc he has tried this in a sport bike which has a wet clutch.

I don't know why I kept forgetting they share the same fluid. When Ben was dynoing my car, I was "kinda" hoping but not really he would wear out my heavy oem clutch so I can buy a lighter one and have Nick take apart the gearbox for WPC:) and a 440 Giken.

I don't know why I kept forgetting they share the same fluid. When Ben was dynoing my car, I was "kinda" hoping but not really he would wear out my heavy oem clutch so I can buy a lighter one and have Nick take apart the gearbox for WPC:) and a 440 Giken.
If you plan on keeping the stock twin disc (I don't blame you) I might be willing to sell you my Dali Tilton LWFW. I don't think i'm ever going to use that thing sadly :(

- - - Updated - - -

I looked into this and at the end of the day I might only be able to save on shipping. I was going to buy a case because I plan to use this stuff on all of my oil changes going forward and want to put some in my TRD supercharger.

Last edited:

The man saz post up your receipt, and you shall receive your money back.

If you plan on keeping the stock twin disc (I don't blame you) I might be willing to sell you my Dali Tilton LWFW. I don't think i'm ever going to use that thing sadly :(

Let me ask Nick see if I need to rebalance it or if I need a new input shaft. why didn't you use it on your 5spd? its probably the best/lightest chromoly wheel out there and its no longer made AFAIK.

Last edited:
I'm very happy so far. Definitely less vibration. I also had a chance to race my friends R8 again multiply times on the highway. My car pulled on him this time which it had not in the past. I have the ran up in my SC and my engine. I was very skeptical in the beginning but this stuff is working

The man saz post up your receipt, and you shall receive your money back.

Let me ask Nick see if I need to rebalance it or if I need a new input shaft. why didn't you use it on your 5spd? its probably the best/lightest chromoly wheel out there and its no longer made AFAIK.

That's a stand up manufacturer right there. Doubters should get their money back and move on with their lives.

I can't use the Dali Tilton because I need something stronger than the OEM twin disc for FI and track abuse :(... trust me.. i'm really quite sad about it especially because my current flywheel is 11lbs vs. the 6lb Tilton. I'm happy to have it on you car though. Just PM me whenever.

Used 1 oz. of this stuff on my 09 Zuma 125cc scooter(oil capacity = 1 Qt). Was getting ~80-85mpg going 40-45mph most of the time. Last fill-up= 87 oct@ .973Gal @100miles @ about the same speed range. Also noticed it takes longer to coast til stop. Never had I used friction reducing products with noticeable results. This ain't your butt dyno:biggrin:

Back