• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

RS*R Ran Up tested on my CTSC NSX (pics, dyno graphs, and overall disbelief inside)

Anyone try the ArchOil AR9300?

Did you ever conduct any UOA's on the van or 335?

Wanted to report back. I used a bottle of this in my dad's van 2012 honda odyssey and noticed little to no differences. The changed was done around a month ago and no noticable differences to engine smoothness under acceleration, idling sounds, etc etc. Was quite disappointed really. Still much too early to send for UOA. However, since I had an extra bottle sitting around, and my DD 335i is due for a changed (i change the oil every 5000-7500km), I might as well use it.

I just changed the oil of my 335i with fresh motul 300v and a bottle of ran up last week. My hopes weren't high initially since i did not get any good results with my dad's van. Immediately after the change, I fired her up and let it ran for a bit. After 10-15mins on the road, I actually noticed that the engine is a little bit more quiet. Not significatly, but a little bit. Could be placebo, or that it is new oil afterall. HOWEVER, after a couple more days of driving on this thing, the engine does feel noticably more smooth. Rev matching downshifts is much smoother, and even gear changes feels much more buttery smooth. The effects on my BMW is very gradual, it just keeps getting better and better! (It could also be because i am a city driver and don't drive for extended long distances to let the ran up coat the engine properly). Whether or not it is good for engine protection or that it helps in making more power is debatable still though.

But I am now sold on this thing. Not that i'll put a bottle of it in the NSX until at least I get the UOA done on my dad's van. (or someone out there please do it). Also, if anyone can do a GB that'll be awesome! I will for sure stock up a bit more.

RYU, I know you switched to a different product; was it CeraTec? If not, what was it?

Were you able to remember name of stuff Billy recommended?

I'm on some stuff Billy Johnson recommended but man... the name escapes me right now. They had some kind of patent issue or something so they no longer sell the stuff anyway... thinking of going back to Ran Up.

I'm going to stick with RS*R Ran Up. Using this with M1 10w-40...it works well for me!

Back