• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Running with the Bulls - we get arrested.....

The day started off great until we caught with our rear car napping. Here is the end result of a lovely day.

Bob

p.s. At least we got off easy. The Lambos got busted doing 128 in a 55 on the Taconic.

fabc5eac.jpg

fabc5cbc.jpg

fae63b14.jpg

fae6405a.jpg

fae339bd.jpg

Last edited:
wtf?!

What route did you take back?

Besides some detours on unpaved rock roads, our ride home was uneventful and very very fast (I hit 130 a couple of times).

What a day, what amazing cars!

I'm uploading pix as we speak.

Did you actually get arrested our did you just get one hell of a ticket?

-N

Nabbs said:

Did you actually get arrested our did you just get one hell of a ticket?

-N

I guess instead of using his one call he must of opted for a broadband connection:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Once again Bob...u beat me to the draw...i took some photos while we were getting written up also ....arrrrgh :mad:

By the way it was that beige unmarked intrepid that was pacing us that called it in...there were talking about it next to my window.He said he paced us for a few miles at speed.

faba0bd6.jpg

Last edited:
Bob - How did you find out about the Lambos?? I took the Taconic all the way to the Saw Mill and saw no Lambos pulled over.

Bailey - I had a feeling it was that Intrepid, I saw him drive away while we were pulled over. When that blue trooper car came up from behind us did anyones' radar dectector go off??

It's unfortunate that we got nabbed, in all I think we were the most cizilized of the group. Unlike those Lambo and Ferrari guys who almost got everyone killed passing over the double yellow in VT.

I was gonna get out of my car and get some food out of my trunk while we were pulled over, but I didn't think it would have been a good move. I might have been shot reaching for my twinkie:D:D:D:D

jadkar said:
Bob - How did you find out about the Lambos?? I took the Taconic all the way to the Saw Mill and saw no Lambos pulled over.

Yeesh, the Taconic to the Saw Mill...I grew up in Westchester (Hastings to be exact) and, although those roads have some great turns, they are a bitch to drive.

I guess speeding causes little worry for the 'rari and Lambo guys as the tickets have little more financial impact for them as buying McDonald's for us.

We got stuck with some NSX guys coming down...so I wasn't worried about getting a moving violation as we would have to be moving for that to occur ;)

-N

We all got pulled 8 NSX's and all got tickets going 80 in 55 zone. I think the Intrepid did not have radar he tried to match the speed and figure we wore going 80. Is that legal?

I think we have to stick all together on this one.

Those Lambos and that Lotus wore crazy on that two lane :)

Next NSX meeting is by city hall on 13th?

Fine is OK but as long as no points. OK, so we check not guilty and no deposition, and send it in. Right?

Thanks,
Dave

Last edited:
I cutted the double yellow when I left today ..
passed 3 vans fast to catch up a silver nsx.
suddenly a car appear ahead..

jadkar said:

It's unfortunate that we got nabbed, in all I think we were the most cizilized of the group. Unlike those Lambo and Ferrari guys who almost got everyone killed passing over the double yellow in VT.

I am really sorry about the incident.

It was an exciting event, but it wasn't as organized as I had expected. It made me realize once again what a wonderful group of people and cars we have in our NE NSX club.

I look forward to seeing you soon.

RichH said:
Bob, Bailey

How many cars attended? What makes?

Sorry you guys got nailed.
RichH

I dont know the exact numbers of how many cars attended but the variety of makes n models of exotics that were there were awesome.

Lamborgini...............Gallardo,Mercielago,Diablo,Diablo Roadster,
Diablo SV,Countach

Ferrari......................328,348,355,355 Spyder,360,512m
550 Maranello,Testerrosa,Daytona

Lotus........................Esprit, V8 TT

Maserati...................GT Coupe,khamsin

Porsche....................911,911 GT2,928,boxster

Acura NsX Pilot said:
I dont know the exact numbers of how many cars attended but the variety of makes n models of exotics that were there were awesome.

Lamborgini...............Gallardo,Mercielago,Diablo,Diablo Roadster,
Diablo SV,Countach

Ferrari......................348,355,355 Spyder,360,512m
550 Maranello,Testerrosa,Daytona

Lotus........................Esprit, V8 TT

Maserati...................GT Coupe,khamsin

Porsche....................911,911 GT2,928,boxster

Excellent List, Bailey, but you forgot the most important one :D :D:

NSX..........................NSX Coupe, NSX-T, and NSX Bumblebee edition :D :D

The real reason we were pulled over.......I think our lead car was a bit tipsy:):):)

Just kidding everyone :D:D:D

Attachments

• peter1.jpg
    peter1.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 1,297
Nabbs said:
I was absolutely blown away with the light metallic blue one that showed up
P5011545.JPG

PS - just noticed that the dude in jail is wearing shoe laces:confused: Actually I heard that the Lambo and the Lotus picked up the tix. Rob was in the Lotus, so maybe he can clear up what happened.

-N

That was my car and thanks for the nice words! ;) I love Vettes too (had a modded 2000 C5 before the NSX and was on Corvette Forum for years with this handle). Nothing personal... Its all BS internet car trash talk. One thing cool about the in person meets is that you realize that face to face, all car guys are the same :D

I saw Rob post on the Ferrari forum that one of the Lambo's and his friends Lotus got tickets for 128 in a 65, but then went on their way with no drama.

So were you in one of the Z06's Nabbs? It was great to see Vettes and the Viper at that event (stirs the old American pride). I can't wait until there are Ford GTs at that kind of event as well!

As for the next NSX, I always say that if it can't hang with a Z06, then Honda shouldn't bother. That kind of says it all. GM created THE performance benchmark with the Z06 - a strong statement to say the least.

A. that looks like a long term prison
B. you get a nice uniform if you are booked and sent to a cell
C. they dont allow your buddy to take digital pictures of you in jail/prison
D. no cars were flatbeded
E. They dont let you test out the hole before they bring you to your cell, especially wearing full alcatraz tourist gear

You don't need to set up a special zo6/nsx day for hpde,just come out to any hpde at the glen,lime rock and pocono and chances are you'll see peter or myself(My car is not stealthy) and we'll play!Our only slight disadvantage will be our choice of toyo ra-1 vs the usual hoosiers that the fast vettes run,but what the hay,my little 3liter 6 does quite well for itself!:D Anyway as to the rest of this ,my car is faster stuff,thats fine to brag and you are a car guy like the rest of us,so I hope you understand that yesterdays events were billed as a running of the bulls and other exotic cars.The only criterior.It was'nt based on performance or bang for buck.By any stretch the corvette is not exotic whether z06 or zr-1,or grand sport.No flames just fact.This has nothing to do with what car is better.It does come down to how exclusive a car related event wants to be.And each of us feels strongly about our own cars,but i'm happy to coexist with every vehicular configuration out there; So someone please remind me why this thread(a celebration of great cars,and a fun day)starts to teeter into another nsx vs vette thread!:(

Yep, I'm happy to meet up at a track day and have some fun. I actually run streets and tend to be in the intermediate class. Since I've never run the Z at the track before (only had it for a couple of months) it should be fun. I've really had the best experience with BMWCCA and SCDA1, so I'd stick with those. Haven't been to the Glen or LRP as often as I'd like (usually stick to NHIS) so this would be a good modivation to do so. As the Spring approaches, I'll circle back here and let you guys know if a bunch of us head to LRP (closest for most of us) or the Glen (god I love that elevation!).

As for exclusivity I plan to bring a Segeway to the next running of the Bulls...that way nobody can complain about owning a duplicate.

Oh and if anybody wants to debate the exclusivity of the Vette, I started a thread here: http://www.z06vette.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=490917

-N

PS - the organizer ok'ed me bringing the Vette, as did the Hemmings guys.

No worries,we run with scda as well so we'll see you next season.

I am a car lover... No matter if it is a Supra, NSX or Vette... I am up for any challenge though with a bunch of good guys and drivers. Lets say the highest lap times buys the beers that night?

Scott

That's it.......on the next run Baileys getting tied up and left somewhere for destroying this thread :):):)

Back