• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

S2000 lovers check it out. Club racer version for 08!

Sounds great. Are there anymore details with regards to what makes up a CR package?

This sucks! I'm in a 3yr lease and Honda is releasing a CR version this fall

:tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

They can do whatever they want with the chassis but if they don't ditch the drive by wire and clutch delay valve it won't be much of any kind of "racer."

And it wouln't hurt things if they dropped the F20 back in. ;)

They can do whatever they want with the chassis but if they don't ditch the drive by wire and clutch delay valve it won't be much of any kind of "racer."

And it wouln't hurt things if they dropped the F20 back in. ;)

What's wrong with the DBW? feels just like the old system. Nobody ever complains about the NSX DBW ,but people complain about it on the S2000:confused: Clutch delay is a pain ,but easily defeatable and that was to keep people from trashing the transmission so often. After having the F20C , F22C and now the F22D I don't miss the F20C. The 9K was cool ,but hp and tq curve changes made the car more useable everyday w/o giving up it's track appeal. Also track tests show the car isn't slower at or around the track w/o the 9k

What's wrong with the DBW? feels just like the old system. Nobody ever complains about the NSX DBW ,but people complain about it on the S2000:confused: Clutch delay is a pain ,but easily defeatable and that was to keep people from trashing the transmission so often. After having the F20C , F22C and now the F22D I don't miss the F20C. The 9K was cool ,but hp and tq curve changes made the car more useable everyday w/o giving up it's track appeal. Also track tests show the car isn't slower at or around the track w/o the 9k

I agree, after owning AP1 and AP2, AP2 is much better.

I agree, after owning AP1 and AP2, AP2 is much better.
F20 vs F22 is just personal preference I guess. You definitely wouldn't catch me buying another S2000 if it was made after 2003. But that's me.

As far as DBW, I've never driven an '06+ S2000 but I have driven a couple of new Sis and TSXs and it's noticeable and more than a little annoying for me. That, and the stuff I've read from people who have driven '06 S2000s, is enough to tell me I wouldn't want it on any car I own.

And you can DEFNITELY feel the difference in a back-to-back NA1/NA2 drive. I can't stand it.

Everybody else gets rid of the mumbo jumbo for their "club racers." Honda should, too. :)

It's definitely a personal preference. AP1s are stiffer, louder, and more raw than AP2s. AP2s are more refined and make better daily drivers. Even though I like bits and pieces of the AP2s (some cosmetics), I still find AP1s more fun to drive.

=o can we get a factory turbo =p

It's definitely a personal preference. AP1s are stiffer, louder, and more raw than AP2s. AP2s are more refined and make better daily drivers. Even though I like bits and pieces of the AP2s (some cosmetics), I still find AP1s more fun to drive.
I couldn't agree more.

Other than the glass rear window, I'd prefer a MY 2000 with the cheesy carpet center console and crappy radio all day long.

I loved the way my S2K's sounded running to 9,000 rpm and personally never really felt they needed "more" torque. Just shift the damn thing. It's blessed with one of the best manual tranny's in the world... use it.:biggrin:

I couldn't agree more.

Other than the glass rear window, I'd prefer a MY 2000 with the cheesy carpet center console and crappy radio all day long.

I loved the way my S2K's sounded running to 9,000 rpm and personally never really felt they needed "more" torque. Just shift the damn thing. It's blessed with one of the best manual tranny's in the world... use it.:biggrin:

LOL It sounds the same at 8K LOL that's a good one though I've never heard any crap like that. Thumbs up DA HAPA..LOL!

LOL It sounds the same at 8K LOL that's a good one though I've never heard any crap like that. Thumbs up DA HAPA..LOL!

The AP2 seriously doesn't sound the same as the AP1. It's significantly quieter, smoother, and softer feeling. For these reasons, I can definitely see how the AP2 appeals to the masses more. The AP1 feels more like a raw uncompromised sports car.

The AP2 seriously doesn't sound the same as the AP1. It's significantly quieter, smoother, and softer feeling. For these reasons, I can definitely see how the AP2 appeals to the masses more. The AP1 feels more like a raw uncompromised sports car.

Your doing the Psych thing right? if not your really scaring me. I've actually owned all three versions and other than MY06 which is louder than MY02 they all sound the same. The AP1 out sold the AP2 so that last part is irrelevant and according to the masses they can't tell the difference.

It's fine and good for you to comment on AP1 if thats all you've ever had.

Your doing the Psych thing right? if not your really scaring me. I've actually owned all three versions and other than MY06 which is louder than MY02 they all sound the same. The AP1 out sold the AP2 so that last part is irrelevant and according to the masses they can't tell the difference.

It's fine and good for you to comment on AP1 if thats all you've ever had.

I just got some good behind-the-wheel time in a MY07 AP2 today. This particular MY07 and the MY05 that I experienced before were both quieter, smoother, and softer feeling than the AP1s I've driven. You're telling me your MY06 is louder than your MY02 was? From my personal experience, AP1s are a lot noisier (clutch buzz, engine noise, and other extraneous noises). From the driver's seat, they definitely don't sound the same to me (I'm pretty sure AP2s use more sound deadening material).

Even though I like bits and pieces of the AP2s (some cosmetics), I still find AP1s more fun to drive.

I agree with the above statement as I have driven all S2k models ever made (with exception of a right hand drive :wink: ).

But must say that in my case, the additional cost of "up-grading" from a 100%paid off '02 AP1 to any AP2 based solely on those minor changes was not considered worthwhile. Unless I had leased it. Instead I've applied the funds to mods. :cool:

I understand that to some it is more important to boast the newest and greatest. However, with regards to the S2000 in particular, when considering the true enthusiast's purpose of the car, an AP1 is in no way inferior to an AP2. ... unless you are an AP2 owner and need justification for the "up-grade" you might think otherwise :wink: Which is better?? Subject to owner's preference.

With regards to the Club Racer version, hoping they will incorporate some significant CF weight savings !

Hmmm. I say "crap like that" all the time. Have you ever driven a Z4? Maybe that would be even better suited to your needs than the AP2. ;)

Uh no I haven't it's quite unattractive. Okay don't know how take that as I've never heard "crap like this either". I've had three S2000's. Z4's have been around for awhile never considered one. Oh wait your being funny sorry I missed that never been exposed to so much wit;)

The AP1 out sold the AP2 so that last part is irrelevant and according to the masses they can't tell the difference.

I had no idea. I apologize and thank you for the correction. AP2s just seem to be more popular in my area (the vast majority of S2000s I see on the road are AP2s).

I agree with the above statement as I have driven all S2k models ever made (with exception of a right hand drive :wink: ).

See the thing is you guys keep saying "driven" not "owned". I've actually owned as n lived with for several months or years. Since I actually owned both I tracked them as well. I see why Honda wants to lose their "old enthusiasts". You guys scream bloody murder if they change something and bloody murder if they don't:rolleyes:

If it so great why mod it? No repeat business to Honda. Honda should only make a car for one year and then never make it again ,because they can't improve on it. People wasted their money on the 92-05 NSX because they just weren't as good as the original same for the 01-07 S2000 all flash no substance. This is what you guys are saying

Who ever said one was inferior only people with complex's think that way.

S-TO-8K;783608With regards to the Club Racer version said:
Why would you hope anything? if it's not the 00 it's bull$hit. I should've named the thread All 01-07 S2000 haters post here! Silly me:rolleyes:

Maybe you've taken my comments a little too close to heart :confused: Or had a bad day ?

Also they were specific to myself, not other owners.

Yes, I've driven them, some for one day, some were tracked...It doesn't take years of ownership to distinguish the differences.

I'm not in business to keep Honda in business by buying every consecutive model they roll out (even though I've done so with their Accords '91-'03). Never stated that the changes to AP2's were bad, simply that they were not worth up-grading to for me.

Yes they are great. And by that I mean all S2000's. Modifying them is not for everyone, but it is of interest to me.

With regards to your comment regarding an inferiority complex, you are truly searching too deep :biggrin:

Hey you haven't renamed the thread yet? Just as well, since we are mostly just S2000 lovers posting.

I had no idea. I apologize and thank you for the correction. AP2s just seem to be more popular in my area (the vast majority of S2000s I see on the road are AP2s).

That's because people keep crashing up all the AP1's. Most people run out of talent when the back end runs out. Especially in the rain. People buy AP1's second hand and don't either buy new rubber or buy crappy I mean cheap tires. You don't buy crappy tires for an AP1! Honda attempted to cure this with the changes made to the AP2. They actually started softening the suspension back in 01. My buddy still tracks his MY00 and the ride was still firmer than MY02. Anyway the 04 changes still weren't enough so they added the VDC in MY06 which is good ,but I can get the car completely sideways on the street before it kicks in so it's not very aggressive. Works good in the snow though with snow tires:biggrin: People around me don't track their cars so the majority I see are AP1's.

After living with the three that I've had the drivability of the AP1 sucked because of the power band. Screaming to 9k was great..on the track ,but I had to do that pretty much all the time on the street as it was my only car it was fun for awhile ,but once I tried the AP2 their was no going back. I like being able to drive like an adult on the street and shift at 4k vs having to seem like I'm drag racing all the time.

Oh and for reference all that they made changes crap never worked on my wife. She hated the MY02 and said the MY04 was just as stiff and just as loud she won't get in or drive the MY06 because she says that Honda lied on the other one:biggrin:

Maybe you've taken my comments a little too close to heart :confused:

Also they were specific to myself, not other owners.

Yes, I've driven them, some for one day, some were tracked...It doesn't take years of ownership to distinguish the differences.

I'm not in business to keep Honda in business by buying every consecutive model they roll out (even though I've done so with their Accords '91-'03). Never stated that the changes to AP2's were bad, simply that they were not worth up-grading to for me.

Yes they are great. And by that I mean all S2000's. Modifying them is not for everyone, but it is of interest to me.

With regards to your comment regarding an inferiority complex, you are truly searching too deep :biggrin:

Hey you haven't renamed the thread yet? Just as well, since we are mostly just S2000 lovers posting.

Sorry. I started this thread just to share some info with my fellow enthusiasts and this turned into an AP2 criticism.

Sorry. I started this thread just to share some info with my fellow enthusiasts and this turned into an AP2 criticism.

That's cool man.
I applaud your frequent willingness to defend Honda from many perspectives. Captain Honda is how I see your avatar :biggrin:

wingz... i think the real issue is that you have a Captain Marvel Avatar... when you know Thanos pwns all! =)

Back