• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

S2k rack on NA1

Thanks for the update. It would be good to also measure the horizontal throw of the stock, s2k, and Accord racks. If the throw is longer than stock, you may need to put a steering rack limiter spacer in to prevent turning the tires too far.

Where are you located? I'd really like to try the s2k rack and or the Accord. The Accord ratio might be a little better but it's all a guess at this moment. The s2k ratio could be better... Need to test it!

I’m in Pocono, PA. I can’t wait to test it myself but I think it might be another week or two. Today I’m working on the wiring harness, the easy part of the whole thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

wow I'm in North Poci

hey I'll show up too:cool:

I had to put this on back burner as wife decided for me to install bamboo flooring at home. But when I have few min left at night I try to move forward. Currently working on the tie rods. With full turn lock the wheel inner rim would touch the outer tie rod. I try two different wheels with different offset and with my 17x7.5” wheel it was fineI but with my 18x8.5” was not. Ordered accord inner and outers to see how can i use the parts and I also tried to use nsx outers with s2000 inner rods. Of course the threads were different so I had to re thread the inners and tried different combinations. At the end solution was simple to just use wheel stop ring so it locks the wheel sooner. I’m sure I’ll revisit this once I get to drive the car. Electronics wise it passes the engine start and I do not get epc light on. I did not have to initialize it that I was surprised as rack and module were from different cars.

Here are few pics of the bump stop. I tried different thickness.
407e7b43681ca50227fc04d8b784427c.jpg

Tie rods, accord, nsx, s2000
e3cd9d9b2fade349704f676f13d09eb0.jpg

Wheel lock stop ring installed. With out it the wheels turn very wide, maybe good for drifting haha..
de53a5279e0c7b91f373b0e9f61ff1a0.jpg

Battery tray installed, very tight figment but all fits good. In the back are my two set of wheels I test it with.
ed4437d8df9dffae4a43182d9291fa1c.jpg

The button is also screw to the battery mount.
adcd7510140800ab2eb95be06ac7164d.jpg

Eps module, I powder coat the housing wrinkle black.
d9911be5137047b1f5f9041b6f61d4f7.jpg

Here is the inside of eps module.
238ab776ea1beba5d9655b8fd4894e56.jpg

Heavy custom bracket to hold this eps module.
393c356657273fb6ae4995c46438e5ae.jpg

Steering rack limiters are very common on racecars. Great solution.

The S2K rack is the same overall width (tie rod mounting points) as the stock NSX, right?

Does the S2K rack just have more travel/throw?

Funny this popped up again this may help you out on your journey same concept the trick is that if it works in fail safe then it can run off this mini ecu and can speak to the speedo and add the correct inputs. I was trying to fit and power assisted steering column this guy may have some insight. Cool project cheers
fb8b056bd3ebd5b20d932881336814ec.jpg
0437c3e9eb3cc8f870264a5a79e19d5d.jpg
ef02f49632cdfb269dfbd2ce66147e88.jpg
caa51e8aac64c4ff28a74630a70d5139.jpg
c77e6bdeb123ac6a7b6decf3279391b3.jpg
and as far as pigtails i have crates of plugs from all kinds of honda/acura if you need anything let me know fyi if you need any nsx test plugs the acura legend and vigor share a ton of he same plugs! [emoji1474] good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
We had some storms here in east and was with out power for a week, when we got power back I took it for the first test drive. First impression was, wow I can do a k turn with one hand on wheel, it felt like a modern car. The second was, I don't know how to say it but the car drives more straight over uneven pavement. We have few bumps and uneven pavement around my house and before the road would force my steering wheel that I had to correct, now I just hold my hand straight on steering wheel and car just drives evenly forward. After driving a little the car settled down on shocks and I notice the rack is sitting bit too low, I'll need to make version 2 that will have that corrected. With about 85F outside and ac on the power steering worked with out causing any error light. I restarted the car multiple times and the light clears each time. (I hookup cruise control light as the ecs light)

Stillsittinlodo27 - Thanks, that is very cool. When all the kinks are worked out I def want to look in to something like that. Currently it needs about 3lb of force to turn, just about the same as my Audi A6 that I'm used to but it would be nice to have option to modify it. This system is very simple with out any bcm so this should be doable down the road.

stuntman - I forgot now, will need to take measurements again to document but it was very close. The throw might be similar too but since on s2000 the leverage is in front of the wheel I don't know if the mounting point length is the same as nsx. It feels like the nsx is shorter, this might make it feel like the wheel it turning too far and it needs that bump stop.

It was great to see the car off the jacks after several months.
721afff42cde291496918c8373219fc0.jpg

Here is short vid, with car in garage I was getting about 14lb of force average after moving the car and resetting the start point. With car started and EPS on it was average 3lb.

Last edited:
The car looks clean and mean.

Any updates?

Car is running fine but I just don't have any time to drive it. Overnight my life changed when my 4month old son got diagnosed with ependymoma brain cancer, I don't visit the prime as often as I used to. But he is doing very good and we got to spend the weekend at home. I took a quick video. It will take some time to get used to driving with EPS, need to retrain my mussel memory. I continue to think it will be hard to turn, it's almost like driving a new car. The EPS support is seamless and I notice when moving the wheel quickly while parking it super light and as the car gets going it's very neutral with very little support. I still need to get wheel alignment and because the steering wheel is little to the right. This is on my J32 swap with 6speed transmission from acura CL type-s.

sorry to hear about your son, but a good pediatric neurosurgeon should have a lot of experience with that diagnosis..

sorry to hear about your son, but a good pediatric neurosurgeon should have a lot of experience with that diagnosis..

Thanks, he is doing very good now. Yea the docs at CHOP performed a miracle.

awesome chop has some good minds.

Back