• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Sad day, now I am back on search for that perfec NSX

I have been working with a seller in the past one week to get all the details work out of a potential NSX that I wanted to buy but the seller turn around and sold it yesterday to a local persons at the dealership where I had requested a pre-purchase inspection to be performed. I have the cash ready to buy the car after this inspection sight unseen due to the distance and recent bad weather prevented me to go see it myself. I much appreciated the 2 members who helped me and provided great wealth of information from the visual inspection and their personal experience with the seller which aid in my decision to buy this car without seeing it personally. But all this work had all gone to a waste. I don't blame the seller as he needed the money ASAP but I do wish that he would give me a chance to make an offer due to I was or maybe the only person who was looking at the time before I requested a pre-purchase inspection.

Somehow, I knew something like this is going to happen. :mad:

Anyway, I am out one nice, pristine NSX but good luck to the stranger who stole the NSX from me. :D

Now, I am back in search of another fine example.

Lesson learned. Cash talks. Whenever I buy a car, I offer a deposit as part of my commitment. If I sell a car, I tell the buyer that until I see some commitment, the car is still for sale. PAYPAL is a very easy way to give a quick deposit.

nsxlust said:
I have been working with a seller in the past one week to get all the details work out of a potential NSX that I wanted to buy but the seller turn around and sold it yesterday to a local persons at the dealership where I had requested a pre-purchase inspection to be performed. I have the cash ready to buy the car after this inspection sight unseen due to the distance and recent bad weather prevented me to go see it myself. I much appreciated the 2 members who helped me and provided great wealth of information from the visual inspection and their personal experience with the seller which aid in my decision to buy this car without seeing it personally. But all this work had all gone to a waste. I don't blame the seller as he needed the money ASAP but I do wish that he would give me a chance to make an offer due to I was or maybe the only person who was looking at the time before I requested a pre-purchase inspection.

Somehow, I knew something like this is going to happen. :mad:

Anyway, I am out one nice, pristine NSX but good luck to the stranger who stole the NSX from me. :D

Now, I am back in search of another fine example.

Which dealership?
I don't think that's right. the buyer asked them and paid them to do a inpection and that what should have happen..instead they
trun around and buy the car from him,,,that just not right,

I used to work for a acura dealer during my college days and there was a saleman there that bought a nsx from a gentalmen
that was going to tradein the car, but the saleman give him the same amount in cash so the guy took it.
after word got around what happen the owner and GM went nut's.
fired him and put a lawsuit together,, i guess it was illegel what he did because he cost the dealership a sale and income on a tradein...so take it for what its worth but you can't trust anyone when everone who wants one of theses nsx's will do anything to get one...

My brother had a similar experience when he went to purchase a nice sports car for a girl that was not fully aware of the full market value of her vehicle. My brother told her to take to a dealership for an inspection and before you know it a sales person a the dealership is bidding up the price saying they will buy the vehicle. Needless to say my brother got the vehicle but it really undermined his negotiating position.

One of the many reasons I do not trust dealerships.

At minimum I would demand my money back from the dealership.

Good luck with your search.

Doug said:
Lesson learned. Cash talks. Whenever I buy a car, I offer a deposit as part of my commitment. If I sell a car, I tell the buyer that until I see some commitment, the car is still for sale. PAYPAL is a very easy way to give a quick deposit.

What do you do when the guy refuses the deposit and says it is yours, then sells it anyway? ARGH!! :mad:

Dash Rip Rock said:
One of the many reasons I do not trust dealerships.

LOL! I have one for you. In January I bought a used Honda Accord to sell to a friend of mine who needed a car. Well, after about 40 days had passed I still had no title. Turns out they sold me a car on their used lot THEY DID NOT OWN!!! After much...ummmm, 'discussion' with them, I made them payoff the other guys loan and get me the title. Scary thing was this was a really well known new car dealer here in Indiana. He also has dealerships in the Schaumburg, Illinois region. Never again.

Mitch
It means he probably has other interested parties and is just playing his cards to get the most for his car. It stinks, but there is nothing illegal about it. When buying a car you have to be agressive. Just make an offer of a cash deposit on the spot upon acceptance. If the seller doesn't take it, it means he/she has potential buyers at a higher price. I would bet that on these deals that fll through, none of the accepted offers were for asking price.
A few years ago, I had an old 308 Ferrari that I decided to sell. Some guy wanted it so he overnighted me $2500 and a legal document to sign and fax back stating the transaction $ of the sale with a contingency of a visual inspection that was to happen 2 weeks later. Deal went through great, but I would have been scared to try to sell the car out from under him and return the deposit.

Rest in pieces, the Hearsecutor has spoken.

It has become apparent that this thread requires some degree of clarification.

FIRST of all, I paid for the inspection and did not request any of the potential buyers to compensate me for the bill. Yes, the starter of this thread asked for a dealer inspection. HOWEVER, so did several others. and no one requested that the car be held pending the inspection. I faxed the inspection to each party before departing from the dealership, all in the span of 5 minutes.

The person who purchased the car WAS NOT affilliated with the dealership, therefore "which" dealer is of no consequence, nsxchi-town. He was a "potential" customer who had previously viewed the car online (trader.com) and just happened to be at the dealership viewing the new TL's. He was aware of why the car was there after inquiring with the service department, and was told approximately "when" I was scheduled to return for the car.

Having been on both sides of this type of situation, I can relate to the disappointment felt by nsxlust. As Doug stated, cash and/or deposits talks. In this case, neither existed as no one made a deposit offer and the car was therefore, "fair game" until someone laid down the green. Everyone who has seen my dearly departed NSX would have bought it on the spot, if economically feasible.

It's a supply and demand situation- the interest for this car has was more than I anticipated! If you guys think trying to find a nice NSX is difficult, try landing a nice, vintage hearse. I literally bought this one sight unseen, no questions asked, within 5 minutes of it's online posting. It's a matter of being in the right place at the right time I suppose.

My condolences, I mean apologies, in advance to all you out there who are uncomfortable with death....... :eek:

Attachments

• 1961mmrightrear.jpg
    1961mmrightrear.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 244
Back