• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Sad Day!!!!

NSX23

Suspended
Well I bought my NSX a week ago and the other night I'm cruising back home and this mondo possum decides to jump in front of my car and I'm doing about 50. And people this wasnt no regular possum. this was the daddy of all possums. You remember the movie the princess bride and those things he killed with his sword in the forest and rolled over into the fire. YEAH thats how big this F....ing thing had to have been. So the whole front fairing needs to be replaced and I guess i can look at the bright side and get me an aftermarket one now that looks better than stock, but I'm freaking pissed and I guess its just my freaking luck. Maybe if my car wasnt so low. Do they make and SUV conversion for the NSX hahahahahahahaha

Ciao

-Rob

Sorry hear about your "tragegy". I know how upset I was when I got a little rock chip or a scrap on the shin spoiler so I can only imagine how you must feel. Trying to look at the positive, you weren't hurt and the car can be fixed (the same couldn't be said if it had been a dear). I hope things work out for you.

NSX23 said:
Well I bought my NSX a week ago and the other night I'm cruising back home and this mondo possum decides to jump in front of my car and I'm doing about 50. And people this wasnt no regular possum. this was the daddy of all possums. You remember the movie the princess bride and those things he killed with his sword in the forest and rolled over into the fire. YEAH thats how big this F....ing thing had to have been. So the whole front fairing needs to be replaced and I guess i can look at the bright side and get me an aftermarket one now that looks better than stock, but I'm freaking pissed and I guess its just my freaking luck. Maybe if my car wasnt so low. Do they make and SUV conversion for the NSX hahahahahahahaha

Ciao

-Rob

I did the same thing with my first NSX (about 4 years ago). It too was the daddy of all possum. I was doing a bit over 70 when I hit the thing. Dead center! It took the black lip off and shattered the lower spoiler. After I looked at the damage at a gas station about a mile from where I hit the big rat, my blood started to boil. I went back to find the carcass. Once I found it I kicked it a time or two, said poor thing then went limping home.
I feel your pain.......

Get an estimate from a top notch body shop before proceeding. It might be worthwhile filing an insurance claim.

I believe this would be a claim against the comprehensive portion of your insurance...

nsxtasy said:
Get an estimate from a top notch body shop before proceeding. It might be worthwhile filing an insurance claim.

I believe this would be a claim against the comprehensive portion of your insurance...
With the damage I sustained on my front end on the way up to NSXPO, my insurance againt asked if the debris I hit was on the ground when i hit it, or was it airborne. It made a difference in regards to the claim falling under collision or comprehensive.

I doubt your monster possum was airborne when you hit it.

Sorry to hear about the damage. I guess I should be happy that running over a latter at 70mph didn't do too much damage to mine. There is also damage underneath but it's very superficial.

fc2a80fa.jpg

comp claim all the way

Anytime you hit an animal, it's a comprehensive claim....If something falls from the sky, it would be the same--hail, tree limbs etc---it only makes a difference if your deductible on Collision coverage is different from your Comprehensive deductible

NSX23 said:
...this wasnt no regular possum. this was the daddy of all possums. You remember the movie the princess bride and those things he killed with his sword in the forest and rolled over into the fire. YEAH thats how big this F....ing thing had to have been.

You mean the ROUS's?
Rodents Of Unusual Size?

They don't exist. :D

Sorry about your front end. :(

Back