• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

San Diego areas- Nick at Applied Motors and Greenlight Motors

Hi Prime,

Can I get the 411 on San Diego areas- Nick at Applied Motors and Greenlight Motors. how is he compare to Autowave, how are his rates, is he a certified NSX mechanic, and etc. Any input is greatly appreciated.

Warmest Regards,
Dat

I am familiar with Jerry at Greenlight. I never took an NSX to him but always found him to be upfront and honest in his work. What I liked was that Jerry would always point out specifically what was wrong and how badly it needed to be fixed (vs. other priorities with the car). It is not the cheapest shop to go to but they stand by their work and I relied on them for many years while I was in SD.

I am familiar with Jerry at Greenlight. I never took an NSX to him but always found him to be upfront and honest in his work. What I liked was that Jerry would always point out specifically what was wrong and how badly it needed to be fixed (vs. other priorities with the car). It is not the cheapest shop to go to but they stand by their work and I relied on them for many years while I was in SD.

Any chance you know about Nick? It sounds like he may focus on the NSX at Greenlight?

Thanks again.
Dat

Nick is great mechanic and knows what he does. Always honest and willing to help. I called him few times for advice and he spent time sharing his thoughts. That knowing I will be working on the car myself. Not common these days to have somebody do this for free. Other shops closer to where I live I did not have any experience with. Probably because I had to leave when for one I saw a guy wearing dirty clothes trying to jump in my car with suede seat inserts...

Nick is very meticulous about what he does. And it does not matter if it's pure mechanics or cosmetic kind of work. Shop reflects his attitude as well. Always clean and nice to be and work in. Little things may tell you a lot about a person. E.g. nicely stacked up shop towels, shelve with lubricants, parts bins with labels etc.
I'm sure once back to NorCal I'll be taking days off and drive down to Nick for great service and time. So that - highly recommend.

I've known Nick for ten years and can vouch for him, but im biased, he is a good friend...he is pretty much a one man shop, but I wouldn't take my nsx anywhere else...

Dat,

Nick has worked on my car and he will now be the guy I see. He has plenty of NSX's at his shop and he seemed very knowledgable.

Back