• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Saw an amusing license plate this am

Originally posted by Litesokneecough:
like the sample here:

plateKids.jpg

Dang, a secure site, well, cut and paste and you'll get the idea.

Many of the state websites mirror the .jpg files of their secure sites on their non-secure sites. For example:

plateKids.jpg

[This message has been edited by nsxtasy (edited 27 February 2003).]

Originally posted by 92NSX:
I saw that car, or at least the same tag, on a red one at NOPI last year. Had blacked out windows and Comptech sticker across front windshield. If that car is from WA, that was a LONG drive to get to GA.

That would be me that has the WA plate ENZOWHO. But I definitely don't have a Comptech sticker on my car and have never been to GA!

gruppe_m_exhaust.jpg

Originally posted by Litesokneecough:
Hey, I have 60 in 5 too, but my plate reads: "SIXTYN 5", but the "5" is actually a hand print, like the sample here:

plateKids.jpg

Wow, cool, never seen handprint before.

I could have 60 in 7.3.....
redface.gif

Dang, a secure site, well, cut and paste and you'll get the idea.

In PA, where no front plate is required, people often put there own 'vanity plates' on the front bumber....the cleverest I saw was...3M TA3...To understand it you had to see it in your rear view mirror

[This message has been edited by darcon (edited 03 March 2003).]

[This message has been edited by darcon (edited 03 March 2003).]

Originally posted by darcon:
In PA, where no front plate is required, people often but there own 'vanity plates' on the front bumber....the cleverest I saw was...3M TA3...To understabd it you had to see it in your rear view mirror

But that also means the guy has a front plate.. yuk! lol
smile.gif

Originally posted by BB:
That would be me that has the WA plate ENZOWHO. But I definitely don't have a Comptech sticker on my car and have never been to GA!

gruppe_m_exhaust.jpg

My compliments to you! I remember that photo from quite a while back and it stuck with me.

Great car, great plate.

Cheers!

LOL... the legendary "EnzoWho" plates... i'm keeping this picture! who's gonna post it on the ferrari chat forum?
biggrin.gif

'3M TA3' is VERY clever... and i like "WAS HIS"... lol... some really creative plates u guys have seen.

I recently saw a Porsche 911 'TURBO' (meaning $$$) with the simple rego plate '18'. The guy driving it looked about that age too. That's gotta be the most vain vainity plate i've ever seen.
biggrin.gif

Since we're on the subject of vanity plates, I thought I'd get your collective feedback on the plates that I just ordered.

For my car (2002 Spa Yellow Pearl S2000) - Got Revs

For my wifes car (2002 Lexus IS300) - For NY (its on the special CA state Sept. 11 memorial plate as my wife was born and raised in NYC and unfortunately was very, very deeply affected by those cowardly attacks in terms of loss of life and emotional stress).

The plates are already on order (in fact, I should be receiving them soon) but I'm always curious to see what others think.

Originally posted by BB:

gruppe_m_exhaust.jpg

There is another NSX with that on the tag though. I saw it personally.

------------------
92 RED/BLACK 5-SPEED

On the way home from the gym tonight, I saw a new silver MR2 with a plate that read "IAMCUTE." The window had limo tint, so I couldn't see if it was true.
wink.gif
I got a laugh out of it though.

<font size=1>

[This message has been edited by PHOEN$X (edited 07 March 2003).]

Originally posted by 92NSX:
There is another NSX with that on the tag though. I saw it personally.

I doubt that you would ever find more than one NSX with the exact same license plate... do you?

P1010429.JPG

Does anybody know Zeth James from PA? He took 2nd at NOPI last year. It might be his car that I saw there.

------------------
92 RED/BLACK 5-SPEED

Originally posted by nsxtasy:
I doubt that you would ever find more than one NSX with the exact same license plate... do you?

That is too funny! BTW, after I reach my 10,000 post I'm thinking about retiring my username and switching to "aznsxtasy" -- what do you think Ken?
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by PHOEN$X:
BTW, after I reach my 10,000 post I'm thinking about retiring my username and switching to "aznsxtasy" -- what do you think Ken?
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

I think that, in your case, you should spell it AZN$XTASY.
wink.gif

I like AZN$XTASY and PHOEN$XTASY, except how do you plan to get these as vanity plates?
biggrin.gif

AZN$XTASY would make people think you're related to AznSXgirl, so you'd gain some of her popularity too.
wink.gif

Back