• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Scariest moment in your NSX

Mine happened yesterday morning.

I was driving home from work and was stopped at a light waiting to go left under a bridge up a ramp. In the turn going up the ramp there is a nasty pot hole on the inside near the curb. I always floor it going up here cause the car takes this corner very nicely, but I always avoid the pot hole. I avoid it in all my cars. Well Yesterday morning I hugged the inside a little too much and my back tire caught the pot hole unsettling the rear of the car. I over corrected and yup Snap oversteer took its toll. lucky I didn't hit anything, but I was facing backwards for a few seconds. I am still shaking from that incident.

Mine too, was a brush with snap oversteer. Lifted off the throttle after I was committed to a turn and lost the rear end. The car ended up spinning, luckily I didn't hit anything.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fcw8lVlH5_o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

5053243_ELskp-XL.jpg

5168357_kSAyc-XL.jpg

The spin was significantly less scary than the psychological aspect of having your wheel potentially randomly fly off. You were very lucky this happened where it did and not while you were on a busy Interstate or something. I bet you lost sleep over that for sure!

i was completely calm during this, probably because I didn't know that the wheel sheared off. I thought I hit fluids on the track since the wheel folded under the rotor keeping the rear from dragging on the ground. When I went off into the "swamp" the wheel kicked out. You can hear me start the car again since I thought it was just a spin and I then look up in my mirror and notice my wheel about 50 feet behind the car. That was the best place on Lime Rock for it to happen since it was probably the only turn where the result would be not hitting a rail/tire wall.

But pyschologically it was tough for a long time on the track going over rough surfaces, like at Sebring, and wondering whether it was the rough pavement or a sign the wheel was going to come off again.

Two days after I got my NSX, I was behind a lady in a minivan at a stop light. she went through the stop sign but realized she had to make a left turn. So she decided to back up in the intersection instead of making a u-turn farther down the street. She almost backed-up into the front on my NSX. It took me a few seconds to remember that the NSX only has those 2 buttons for the horn not like never cars where you can press on the airbag. she said that she could not see my car in her rearview mirror.

One evening I forgot to raise my windows and left them cracked about an inch. While driving the next day, a ginormous spider began descending from the roof about 2 inches in front of my face. I proceeded to have a serious freak out not being able to get away from him as he finally came to rest on my lap. The worst part was that I ended up losing sight of him (I probably blacked out) and wasn't able to kill him. Since that was about a year ago, I'm hoping that he's died of old age by now and not planning on making another appearance. Sometimes when I look in the rearview, I fear that I'll see him riding shotgun on my headrest. Yeah, I really don't like spiders...or snakes...or democrats.

I bought my first NSX in December 2008. During the first high speed turn and the rear end started sliding out, I corrected it very fast but I don't know if I ever remember a scarier NSX moment.

A Honda Ridgeline was merging on to the highway and apparently didn't see me. If i didn't stand on the brakes i would've gotten run over. Two weeks ago.

This story is from a few years ago; I was street-racing an RS4 on the freeway at about 1AM, and after I started pulling on him I kept going, and topped out 4th gear (around 160mph). The next exit I saw a brief flash of a car getting on, which looked like highway patrol, so I let off the gas and slowly coasted down to what I felt was a 'reasonable' speed.

A few moments later, the car slowly pulled along side me, and it was indeed a highway patrol car. Glad that I had slowed down, I now checked my speedo - I was still going around 100mph, with highway patrol directly alongside.

I used my brakes, and slowed to 75mph - as I slowed the highway patrol car did the same, but he was now ahead of me, and off to one side. Suddenly, he cut sharply into my lane, in front of me, slowed down to 65mph, and turned on his light bar.

That's a heart-sinking moment, wreckless driving, massive speeding, a clear situation of 100mph, being paced for several seconds, I was done for. Then after a few seconds the highway patrol car floored it, and took off into the distance at 100mph+

A few weeks later I got an unrelated ticket - in spite of having no points, I felt there was a degree of karma involved, and I didn't even attempt to fight it.

Driving on a one way street and having a car coming straight at you the wrong way. That'll give you an adrenaline dump every time. :eek:

One evening I forgot to raise my windows and left them cracked about an inch. While driving the next day, a ginormous spider began descending from the roof about 2 inches in front of my face. I proceeded to have a serious freak out not being able to get away from him as he finally came to rest on my lap. The worst part was that I ended up losing sight of him (I probably blacked out) and wasn't able to kill him. Since that was about a year ago, I'm hoping that he's died of old age by now and not planning on making another appearance. Sometimes when I look in the rearview, I fear that I'll see him riding shotgun on my headrest. Yeah, I really don't like spiders...or snakes...or democrats.

Yes!! thats my biggest freakout. I always try to track it down in get rid of it because the psychological fear is that if I can find it, it will reproduce which Ive seen happen....ewwww give me creeps just talking about it.

By far thge most scariest moment for me happened when i picked up a girl on a blind date in my nsx and she turned out to be over 300 pounds.
My god she filled the entire passenger section.
I seriously was concerned for the structural integrity of the chassis.
And definently felt a loss in power and braking performance.
The whole event has seriously scared me for life.
:frown:

By far thge most scariest moment for me happened when i picked up a girl on a blind date in my nsx and she turned out to be over 300 pounds.

HAHA!! I would be worried about seat bolster wear too...

No 1 scary moment has stood out yet, but just general driving around Houston is pretty scary. Potholes everywhere and when I'm on the freeway with the targa off, big trucks are really fast and close. Must be from the noise and wind when they pass by.

Hopefully he doesn't have a "Significant Other" or there could be hundreds of Spider Juniors running around. :eek:

hmmm weird this thread got started today. Of course today I am coming up over this hill and there is a chrysler 300 coming right at me. Im flashing my lights and beeping at the car all a suden I guess this girl saw me and went back into her lane. I had to slow down to 10 mph to avoid getting hit.

3 wasps in my car while driving. State trooper behind me, rainy day. Got stung on my back (burned). Other two wasps stayed in the corner somewhere Forgot I had window switches. Pulled over by statetrooper for wreckless driving. Got out of ticket with proof on my back. Luckily I didnt swerve hard enough into someone. Wasnt in my nsx but the vette.

hydroplaned off the road and down the grassy hillside. Pick of me getting pulled out, not going in.

Attachments

• 24968_1321339686410_1618366693_750880_5633572_n.jpg
    24968_1321339686410_1618366693_750880_5633572_n.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 359
Hydroplaneing the nsx after being cut off going 70 mph and doing a 360 into guard rail

I think occupancy capacity says no more than 400lbs. :eek:

hmmm weird this thread got started today. Of course today I am coming up over this hill and there is a chrysler 300 coming right at me. Im flashing my lights and beeping at the car all a suden I guess this girl saw me and went back into her lane. I had to slow down to 10 mph to avoid getting hit.

Glad she finally saw you. I wonder if she was able to send that text or had to wait until she got back into her lane. It's always scary to see the person behind you driving while looking down.

Back