• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

ScienceofSpeed Individual Throttle Body (ITB) System & RDX Injectors

We now have a kit that allows the RDX injectors to be used. Using the latest Denso technology, these injectors allow a finely atomized injection of fuel in to the cylinder that promotes a consistent burn in the combustion chamber. Kits configured for the RDX injectors are available at no extra charge.

for more information:
http://scienceofspeed.com/products/...SX/ScienceofSpeed/individual_throttle_bodies/

ITB_RDX-800.jpg

ITB_RDX3-800.jpg

individualthrottle_1024.jpg

Last edited:
I've been waiting to see if these were going to be available. Are these better than ID or RC injectors? I'm going to assume the RDX injectors are extra cost? Also these work with the AEM EMS Series II

I have not seen direct testing between these. However, both the Denso (RDX) and Injector Dynamics offer very linear response across the pulse width range, offer optimal spray pattern, and operate well under high pressures. I would expect both these injectors to be the ideal choices especially for the best driveability with the individual throttles.

Yes, the AEM Series 2 Engine Management System we sell work perfectly with this system:
http://scienceofspeed.com/products/engine_performance_products/NSX/ScienceofSpeed/EMS_1991-94_NSX/

Yes, it is possible. This would require conversion to throttle by cable however and be quite extensive (among other things, it would no longer be emissions legal or allow the OBD2 system to function) making it for track use only.

Chis, Thanks for finishing up my ITB order the other day! I hope me sending in my RDX Injectors in had something to do with this post. Thanks again

John

Yes, it is possible. This would require conversion to throttle by cable however and be quite extensive (among other things, it would no longer be emissions legal or allow the OBD2 system to function) making it for track use only.

Assuming you lived in an emissions no compliance state, what would be the expected cost to convert a DBW NA2 to run the itbs and how much of a power gain could be found? (stock compression of course)

This would be largely dependent on the ability and the cost to find all the parts required on the used market since many of the parts (pedal, brackets, throttle cable, etc) are no longer offered by the factory. Typical gain for a NSX with a free flowing exhaust and headers is 20-25 hp.

Now this has piqued my interest... Curious to see what the gains are with the RDX injectors are with the ITBs on a 3.0L engine.

Besides an AEM EMS needed to run the ITBs (or just RDX injectors alone), is the stock NSX fuel pump able to keep up as it seems the RDX injectors run best at about 55psi?

Back