• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

ScienceofSpeed Sliding Seat Mounts - for NSX-R and aftermarket bucket seats

ScienceofSpeed Sliding Seat Rail Mounts offer a lightweight adjustable mounting solution for installing aftermarket bucket style seats in to the NSX.

• adjustable easy to install design
  • side mount brackets include seat belt tabs for factory seat belts to be used with seats designed for factory seat belts
  • CNC laser cut & bent TIG welded sliding seat bases
  • CNC bent side mounting brackets
  • CNC bent tube adjustment handle
  • grade 8+ mounting hardware
  • CNC machined T quick-nuts allow seat brackets to be fastened with out socket
more info:
http://www.scienceofspeed.com/produ...ducts/NSX/ScienceofSpeed/sliding_seat_mounts/

ipp-2011_1024.jpg

seat_installed_1024.jpg

Do you guys also do brackets and sliders for the recaro seats that have bottom mounting? I have a set of seats from an Integra Type R that I would like to install.

what's weight of each rail?

also, we no longer need to buy oem NSX-R seat belt buckles, correct?

Each assembly is 10 lbs, as compared to prior versions at 15 lbs.

Correct, the height and position of the seat belt tab is made to work with factory seat belt brackets & buckles for NSX-R seats. NSX-R buckles are not required.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you guys also do brackets and sliders for the recaro seats that have bottom mounting? I have a set of seats from an Integra Type R that I would like to install.

In general, we do not recommend bottom mount seats. Bottom mount seats are made for up-right sitting coupes / sedans where the seat is positioned a distance off the floor pan. On the NSX, the seat bottom is close to the floor pan, and there is not room to position the rails & other components under the seat. If you absolutely must use those seats, you can buy our sliding seat mounts with out the side brackets (which we can discount). You will then need to make a bracket to go between the sliding mounts and your seats. Please drop us an e-mail if you're interested in this.

Can anyone confirm if this works with the Recaro Pole Positions?

Depending on the manufacture year I've noticed some PPs are slightly wider than others. Most can be made to work with the buddyclub rails but needs some modification. These look like modified BC rails but not sure. Just curious if this works with wide bucket seats like the PPs.

Chris can you list what areas are improved over the last one specifically? Obviously it is a lot lighter but how is it so much lighter? Is the seat mounting itself different? are there strength differences? And just to be clear, the OEM buckle fits it?

Depending on the manufacture year I've noticed some PPs are slightly wider than others. Most can be made to work with the buddyclub rails but needs some modification. These look like modified BC rails but not sure. Just curious if this works with wide bucket seats like the PPs.

Hi Ryu,
I bought the sliding seat rails from SOS about two years ago to go with my Recaro Pole Positions and they worked perfectly.

The only problem I had was that due to my short length (I'm 5ft7") and want to be close to the steering wheel, I had to add a few holes to move the seat further forward.

Yes, this works with Recaro Pole Position.

- - - Updated - - -

Chris can you list what areas are improved over the last one specifically? Obviously it is a lot lighter but how is it so much lighter? Is the seat mounting itself different? are there strength differences? And just to be clear, the OEM buckle fits it?

We made three specific improvements:
1. designed around NSX-R seat (along with other aftermarket seats) - factory seat belt is compatible for seats designed for factory seat belt, like NSX-R.
2. TIG welded design reduces number of brackets and weight and makes installation significantly easier. Although this requires us to manually disassemble the sliding rails, weld, and reassemble (hence more cost) the benefits are worth it.
3. increased range of motion - welded design allows us to better position sliding mount - the seat now allows about 3" of further travel forward (the seat can go as far forward as the factory seat) for shorter drivers while still allowing the seat to nearly touch the rear firewall for taller drivers.

what's weight of each rail?

also, we no longer need to buy oem NSX-R seat belt buckles, correct?

You don't need the nsx-r seat belt buckles but I would still recommend them. The USDM one is a bit fatter and will rub against you if you you have a larger waist.

How much lower than the stock seat can a Recaro PP seat be positioned using this bracket? The same 2" as modifying the stock seat cushion?

How much lower than the stock seat can a Recaro PP seat be positioned using this bracket? The same 2" as modifying the stock seat cushion?

This bracket assembly can lower the seat to the carpet. If you remove the lower cushion (which many drivers do while wearing a helmet) your rear can be nearly as low as the floorboard.

Do you have a bottom mount version??? Never mind got my answer

Last edited:
Can confirm these work perfectly with Recaro Pole Position ABE and OEM Seat belt receivers.

Got my set recently after a bit of a wait ;) But I'll say the quality of the product is exceptional and I'm very impressed.

2d7e3a15d19d314ae21f8d0fd75a4d19.jpg

Can confirm these work perfectly with Recaro Pole Position ABE and OEM Seat belt receivers.
Got my set recently after a bit of a wait ;) But I'll say the quality of the product is exceptional and I'm very impressed.

Pole Position ABE, that's a rare one! Thank you for the pict!

No problems! I'll post up proper pics once the car is back together :)

Did you install your ABE with SoS mounts? If yes, are the mounts the old or this new version?

How will do they fit with the ABE seat? Will they sit low enough to almost touch the floor pan?

- - - Updated - - -

Pole Position ABE, that's a rare one! Thank you for the pict!

Are the brackets made out of steel or aluminum? The brackets and side mounts?

Lastly, will you be offering a introductory pricing on them? :biggrin:

Last edited:
The photos show the currently available model.

These parts are fabricated from steel. It would not be possible to achieve the tight tolerances required to allow the seats to fit in the narrow constraints of the NSX with aluminum (which would need to be 3-4 times the thickness).

Are you looking at a fixed rail track option anytime in the future?

Are you looking at a fixed rail track option anytime in the future?

We do not plan on offering a fixed mount solution. The demand is too low to offset the fixed design and fixturing costs (generally, we do not break even on something like this until 10-20 pieces are sold).

Can you put together a list of ALL KNOWN seats that work with this SOS rail?

I've tried some Recaro Pole Positions XL which don't fit (won't clear the headliner without rubbing), and Bride VIOS (too narrow for SOS rail), and TAKATA Bucket (won't clear the headliner without rubbing)...
I'm tired of buying seats over and over just to see if it even fits in the car.

Can you put together a list of ALL KNOWN seats that work with this SOS rail?

I've tried some Recaro Pole Positions XL which don't fit (won't clear the headliner without rubbing), and Bride VIOS (too narrow for SOS rail), and TAKATA Bucket (won't clear the headliner without rubbing)...
I'm tired of buying seats over and over just to see if it even fits in the car.

The following seats have been tested:
  • Honda NSX-R / Downforce NSX-R seats
  • Recaro Pole Position
  • Recaro Pole Position ABE

I am surprised to hear the Pole Position XL did not fit, as per Recaro's diagrams, only the base is wider, it is not taller. Did you need to mount this above the sliding rails for it to fit (hence, the taller mounting position)?

Back