• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

ScienceofSpeed Trunk Lid Struts introduced - free shipping for May!

Chris, will these struts support heavier loads? I have a BYS adjustable wing which weighs more than the oem wing and since its been installed I cannot keep the truck lid open with the oem struts anymore.

Chris, will these struts support heavier loads? I have a BYS adjustable wing which weighs more than the oem wing and since its been installed I cannot keep the truck lid open with the oem struts anymore.

The lifting force is slightly higher than factory, however, only by 2 lb each side. I'm not sure if these would support a much higher weight. However, if your trunk struts are already worn, they definitely would not help the situation. I'm unsure which spoiler version you in fact have, however, we have a local customer with the genuine BYS carbon spoiler, and his trunk remained open no problem.

-- Chris

Thanks Chris I got mine today. Anyone want my old ones PM me they still work but are just starting to get a tad weak.

Last edited:
Back