• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

ScienceofSpeed's new Xenons I HAVE QUESTIONS

If the HID bulbs are not damaged during installation, they should last longer than the factory halogen bulbs and possibly outlive the life of your car.

I think you are thinking of halogen bulbs that run increasingly higher power to get more light.

Regards,
-- Chris

------------------
SoS_logo.gif

[email protected] http://www.ScienceofSpeed.com

Edit: added info

[This message has been edited by ScienceofSpeed (edited 27 June 2002).]

Originally posted by ScienceofSpeed:
The kit has been customized to fit the NSX with out modification to the end caps, retainer ring, or splicing cutting of any wires

Ok...I am really tempted by this HID.
Any chance that you have a PDF file with instructions? I just wanted to make sure it was something that I could do myself without causing any damage to the vehicle.

If no PDF, would you be able to fax the instructions to me?

THanks,
Rick.
(2001 Spa yellow NSX-T)

You have mail.

Originally posted by RL in Florida:
Ok...I am really tempted by this HID.
Any chance that you have a PDF file with instructions? I just wanted to make sure it was something that I could do myself without causing any damage to the vehicle.

If no PDF, would you be able to fax the instructions to me?

THanks,
Rick.
(2001 Spa yellow NSX-T)

lemme add this ....there is also a loss of usable light as the k value rises and i forget where i read this but you get more usable light from a 4200k hid bulb then a 5800k hid bulb ... i dunno if anyone here has tried those blue bulbs when they first came out years ago but they looked brighter to other drivers but as far as improving road visablilty ...it was worse. Such is the same with the hid bulbs.

thanks for the great instruction manual.
i will call you next week sometime.
do you have a lot in stock?
So, does it look like an easy install?

------------------
1995 NSX-T
1999 3.2TL
2001 Odyssey
1992 SC400

Originally posted by NyC NsX:
i dunno if anyone here has tried those blue bulbs when they first came out years ago but they looked brighter to other drivers but as far as improving road visablilty ...it was worse. Such is the same with the hid bulbs.

No, it isn't.

Yes, the tinted blue bulbs years ago hurt visibility because the tinting actually blocked some of the light from being projected on the road.

HID bulbs are an entirely different story. They project more light and they improve visibility. Just try them, or check them out on someone else's NSX, and you'll easily be able to see the difference for yourself.

[/QUOTE]So, does it look like an easy install?

[/B][/QUOTE]

The instructions look pretty straightforward. Only one (optional) drill hole. Mostly hooking up the proper wires to the right connectors. Chris emailed me a PDF file which has all the pics and such. Very helpful.
I cannot believe how small the ballast is!

Rick

Thanks Rick. I installed a kit for Pamela at Eddie's house warming party. We compared headlights of the HID, factory bulbs, and Sylvania CoolWhites. The HID's were sharper, put out more "white" light illuminating the road better, and looked nicer on the car. Unfortunately, the pictures didn't come out.

Most people will probably just tie strap (included) the igniter to the headlight housing. However, we include a bolt, nut, and locking washer for anyone that wants to bolt the igniter to the headlight housing.

Also, keep in mind that the kit puts out light in the 5200k range on average. The 5800k number is peak when fired.

Cheers,
-- Chris

So, does it look like an easy install?

[/QUOTE]

The instructions look pretty straightforward. Only one (optional) drill hole. Mostly hooking up the proper wires to the right connectors. Chris emailed me a PDF file which has all the pics and such. Very helpful.
I cannot believe how small the ballast is!

Rick[/B][/QUOTE]

------------------
SoS_logo.gif

[email protected]
http://www.ScienceofSpeed.com

Originally posted by nsxtasy:
The SoS kit is a 5800k kit.

I just recieved the sos hid kit. Where does it say it is a 5800K kit. I've look in the manual and it says under bulb spec..4500K. Which kit am I paying for anyways. 5800K as sos claims or 4500K? Can some shed some light in here?

thanks

Our kit peaks at around 5800K on warm up while the lights are dark purple/blue (which you will see once the kit is installed). The kit averages around 5200K. The documentation uses a lower generic figure from the manufacture. Remember, K = Kelvin the measurement of the color of the light, not the intensity, or lumens of output.

Our kit uses an optimal color tempature to give the best beam clarity and definition while adding a nice luxurious look to the NSX.

Cheers,
-- Chris

------------------
SoS_logo.gif

[email protected]
http://www.ScienceofSpeed.com

Back