• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Scion xB

JAM

Contributing Member
I was just wondering if anyone else likes these cars... I dont know what it is about 'em but I really like the looks of the Scion xB with dark windows and big wheels. My fiance makes fun of me about it, but the more I see them I want to buy one to run around town in... :D

e9_1.JPG

93_1_sb.JPG

I like it as well. My only concern would be driving it on the highway when it's windy. Due to the square design it's like driving a sail (same with the Element). But for in town 90% of the time I think it would be great.

NSX-Stalker

My wife thinks I'm a nut case as well because I love the car.

I go back and forth between heading down to the Toyota/Scion dealer and test driving one. I think it would make a cool little commuter car since it's supposedly fun to drive, cool as hell and easily fits my wife, our dog and me.

Call me nuts, but I like it.

This is the closest rendition to a box on wheels that I've ever seen.

JAM:

I can see why you are attracted to the Scion.....being forced to constantly look at an NSX, an M5, and a 456, your eyes require something the total opposite of beautiful styling and seductive curves. Hence, the Scion provides a type of corneal "washing" that helps you focus once again on automotive beauty. :D

By the way, you shouldn't drive a Scion (or Element) unless you listed "Milkman" as your occupation in your profile. ;)

Everytime I see it, I get flash back to my first toy car that I made out of lego many moon years ago that got destroyed by a bully in school. Needless to say it redefined the meaning of UGLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sorry....you are welcome to throw the flames:D

Me don't like at all! I do like the other Scion Xa though, very sporty but I feel too old to drive something like that.

I imagine being at a light and some hotties looking over thinking a young guy is driving, then they would be like... EEeewww an old perv!:p

the guys at my local dealer refer to it as "The Toaster" and report that they are selling more to an older crowd than they expected. Maybe not too surprising - most of the Mini drivers I see are middle-aged.

LeftLane:
I can see how you would say that...

456nsx.jpg

BUT, I still really like these. I think next year when the newness wears off and the prices come down some, if I still like it then I will get my Milk Truck!
e9_1.JPG

Personally I think its an abomination, but I give the designers credit for not being afraid to make something different. It kinda reminds me of one of those wild minivans people hook up with insane body kits.

lemansnsx said:
the guys at my local dealer refer to it as "The Toaster" and report that they are selling more to an older crowd than they expected. Maybe not too surprising - most of the Mini drivers I see are middle-aged.

I am constantly amused at this "effect" -- the manufacturers continually try to design cars that will appeal to younger buyers (and get them hooked on the brand), while what really happens is older people invariably buy these things in a feeble attempt to look hip.

Try this test. Take a good look at the drivers of the next few second generation VW bugs that you pass, and do a quick calculation. At least in Seattle...they are all 55 year old women driving around with the requisite flower in the dashboard trying to pretend they're back in the 1960s. Try it. You'll see. It's wierd....

I heard that Toyota wanted to do a test run here in CA first to see how well it would sell. If it's a hit, then they would open up Scion's in Toyota dealers across the country. Well, I see them everywhere out here now. And most of the drivers are the 18-25 year old males. I saw an old guy driving it once, it just didn't look right.

I ditto LeftLane's comments.

A like some angularity in a design but all the Cadillacs and the Scion xB are over the edge.

Spencer said:
Try this test. Take a good look at the drivers of the next few second generation VW bugs that you pass, and do a quick calculation. At least in Seattle...they are all 55 year old women driving around with the requisite flower in the dashboard trying to pretend they're back in the 1960s. Try it. You'll see. It's wierd....

No need for me to try this - I've observed it many times! Unbelievable, isn't it? I'm not so sure about all of them being "feeble attempts to look hip" however. At least in the case of the Mini I prefer to think of it as people who owned or at least appreciated the original.

Back