• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Scraping the Driveway

My dad has the same problem, currently it has NSX-R suspension and it just makes it, but 3-way adjustables are being fitting next week so we're going to have the annoying task of lowering the car at track and raising it for when we go home!

I know it's a bit extravangant but if any of you have a partner with a car you could buy a second hand trailer to drag the NSX up the drive!

-Rob

If there's any driveway experts here, can you take a look at mine. Obviously it's hard to give a definitive answer based upon this picture, but any general comments would be appreciated.

While I don't think my driveway should be a problem, it is the only thing that worries me a bit about my potential NSX purchase next year. The driveway has your standard curb (not sure if these are a problem or not) then it's kind of flat until you get past the sidewalk and then it steepens up towards the garage. The garage floor is sloped a bit, so the angle from the driveway into the garage isn't as bad as it could be. Now, I do want to lower the NSX as well, which would obviously make things a bit trickier.

12130My_Driveway-med.jpg

92NSX said:
Pretty hard to tell the angle of drive from that shot.

Well you're no help :biggrin: Tell me what I already know. I figured you might be able to tell a little bit based upon how the cars are angled down the driveway. I thought at the very least, I might get some yay's or nay's that I'd be okay or not okay.

That slope is nothing. Would like to see the curb and how it meets the street. If the street slopes up from the bottom of the curb that could be a problem as you are going down and then up

Same here.
You know what makes me a hardcore Nsx enthusiast ! ?
I am going to lower my Nsx someday, probably with coilovers. Coilovers themselves are expensive, but my driveway is so steep, that in order to lower my car, im going to have to redo my driveway with less of a rake.

You know what ? Im going to do it. Im going to jackhammer my current driveway with the severe rake, and have it redone someday so that I can lower my Nsx without ripping the bumper off driving up and down it everyday.

I figure its going to cost me $1500-2000 to do. Silly for me to do that ? Yes to most people, to me as an Nsx enthusiast, partially so but im still going to do it someday. Heh.

Back