• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Screeching sound from 6-8

Thats the sound. The hard part has been that it won't do it unless under load.

There is a Firestone close to my house thats open on Sunday. I am going to go by there tomorrow. I am hoping that they can detect a leak or some sort of blow by in the exhaust system.

Thanks for posting the vid. Maybe some one can chime in as to another area to look.

On a another note. This exhaust is AMAZING!! At WOT it just make you smile from ear to ear.

Answer to first question. Yes I am on stock cats. I have the Pride adaptor pipes.

Ok went by Firestone. No noticeable leak detected. The sound is still there.

if any body has any suggestions as what else might be causing this I would be thankful.

Ok went by Firestone. No noticeable leak detected. The sound is still there.

if any body has any suggestions as what else might be causing this I would be thankful.

I'll be home in less than a week. I'm going to swap stock for hi-flow cats and see if that clears it up any.

I had these exact symptoms, it was the harmonic balancer starting to seperate. Neither myself nor Honda recognised that and the resulting repair bill was circa $4000 usd. Change the balancer lol.

I had these exact symptoms, it was the harmonic balancer starting to seperate. Neither myself nor Honda recognised that and the resulting repair bill was circa $4000 usd. Change the balancer lol.

I don't see how it could be the harmonic balancer when both of us- just by swapping to copper gaskets between cat/exhaust- cleared up most of the problem...:confused:

Well we will find out. I ordered a harmonic balancer today. Augusta Acura was $100.00 cheaper than my local dealer with a discount. Should have it by Friday.

I need to search for DIY instructions. Will try to install Saturday. Will let you know.

Didn't go with the ATI balancer? That's on my want list

If it turns out to be the culprit it lasted 150K. So if the new one last that long I will be happy. I might order the protective plate though. Need to SOS anyways today.

Put on a new harmonic balancer with the SOS plate. Sound still there.

Will be going to SOS in about a week. Will be doing a lot of performance upgrades(twin turbos).Will have high flow cats with install. Will let you all know if this fixes it.

I put my prospeed cats on but it still lingers at the end of the rev range, I'll be trying different gasket combos to see if I can solve it :-/

Check the clearance between the front cat and the rod beam(goes across under the front cat, just behind the axles) Hard to really tell from the recording, but sort of sounds like a metallic rattle. Also look at the front header pipe(if aftermarket) and make sure the #6 pipe is clear of the rear beam.

Should be about a finger thickness or so clearance;).

HTH,
LarryB

Thanks for every ones responses. I will see if after SOS does there install if the noise persists. Will let you know. Again Thanks!!!!!

Ok Car was at SOS for a twin turbo install. The noise is definitely in the exhaust.Chis said they never heard anything like it. With the turbos pushing much more air it is back and a lot louder. I text Mark at Pride and he responded faster than I could read his text. He is sending me a new exhaust to see for sure that it is the culprit. His customer service is the best of any company out there. Should have it by this weekend. I will do the swap and let every body know the outcome.

Ok Car was at SOS for a twin turbo install. The noise is definitely in the exhaust.Chis said they never heard anything like it. With the turbos pushing much more air it is back and a lot louder. I text Mark at Pride and he responded faster than I could read his text. He is sending me a new exhaust to see for sure that it is the culprit. His customer service is the best of any company out there. Should have it by this weekend. I will do the swap and let every body know the outcome.

Thanks for the info, if the new exhaust solves the problem then I may be in the same boat as far as shooting for a replacement 8-(

Your sticking with Pride V2 & modding it up to TT? Don't it seem like you're defeating the purpose of more gains with that restriction? now unless your just loving that V2 sound so much that your willing to sacrafice.
Don't get me wrong, i love the Pride sound & Mark is a great guy to deal with but i just wish the pipe diameter on those exhaust are bigger & less restrictions, capable for supercharge,T or TT.

Last edited:
I love!!! the sound of the Pride exhaust. When I spoke with Chris I told him that I would run this exhaust until I build the motor. This will take a couple of years do to the cost of the twins. I also did everything I needed as far as the motor build so that drove the cost up.

Hmm interesting, can you post exhaust videos & dyno charts when you get a chance? Just curious.

Back