• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Sealing the front end underneath (taking 02 front lip off)

Hello guys

Recently I am having some money sitting in the bank, so am considering sealing off the whole front end underneath my car. Have any of you got experience on this? especially the real hardcore track boys!

Also, I have a 02+ conversion front bumper and would like to take the lip off (personally think it looks hidious) and like to have my front splitter (part of the undertray) sticking out and replace where the lip was. Is that possible? I mean is the lip part of the bumper?

Also, does this really help eliminating understeer? or even gives me oversteer? I have Voltex GT wing setup and am wondering if that's enough!

Thanks for letting me know
George

Or would you guys suggest me simply buy the SOS battery undertray+front bumper undertray?

Was going to buy NSX-R GT front bumper but though it would probably be more price effective by just doing the real aero!

Whether you DIY undertray or buy the SOS stuff you are going to need a vented hood.

Secondly, are you going to track the car or is this for the street?

Oh yah I am just about to place an order for CF ducted hood.
will you suggest DF or Sibon is good? I heard the method they use are pretty similar, I'm wondering what's the extra money for, and if it's worth it.

I am already tracking it (pretty frequent, 4 times in 2 months), but this would also be a street driving car before I buy another car

Whether you DIY undertray or buy the SOS stuff you are going to need a vented hood.

Secondly, are you going to track the car or is this for the street?

I have the VIS hood and it fits like a glove. The DF is 3x the $ and some people say it fits and others it fits like shit. I have seen two DF hoods, one was no better than my VIS and one was down right awful. DF said they would replace it, but never did - it's been 2 years since their promise. Ask CURTSR.

As far as an undertray, the SOS stuff is easy, buy and install. I did my own, with a $100 4x8 sheet of Alumilite and the Shine Type 1 lip for the base ($300). That way I could make a short undertray for the street and a "race" one for the track.

http://nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=150376

2011-09-17_KYPCA_4182.jpg

2011-09-17_KYPCA_119.jpg

Last edited:
I see, yours looks like some fine products!

I'm wondering if I can have my 02 front lip taken off and replaced with the spliiter though, just like how the sorcery widebody front bumper is.

Wondering if this would be possible by modifing my 02 bumper

http://speedhunters.com/archive/2008/05/21/feature-car-gt-gt-esprit-nsx.aspx

I have the VIS hood and it fits like a glove. The DF is 3x the $ and some people say it fits and others it fits like shit. I have seen two DF hoods, one was no better than my VIS and one was down right awful. DF said they would replace it, but never did - it's been 2 years since their promise. Ask CURTSR.

As far as an undertray, the SOS stuff is easy, buy and install. I did my own, with a $100 4x8 sheet of Alumilite and the Shine Type 1 lip for the base ($300). That way I could make a short undertray for the street and a "race" one for the track.

http://nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=150376

2011-09-17_KYPCA_4182.jpg

2011-09-17_KYPCA_119.jpg

Back