• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

sears point: wednesday night drags

I'm interested.

Email me.

You on for tomorrow? I'm planning on it.

Email me.

Have fun guys!!! Unfortunately I won't be able to get off work in time to meet you there. Perhaps we can get a bunch of guys together for another Test & Tune day at Sacramento Raceway like last year! Don't forget to post your times!!!

OK... Harry "The Snake" (named for the way he slithers off the line) and Chuck "Big Daddy" went to the drags.

It got kinda windy around 6:00PM so we called it a day.... Big Daddy was the fastest/quickest.

My best time was 13.969/99.51 mph (excuses follow):)

waited for the light to turn green
near-hurricane head wind
wrong tires (too tall)
tools in trunk
full tank of gas
advanced years
(more to follow when I think of them)

Last edited:
yeah, typical sears point evening. cool and windy. we were racing into 15-25 mph headwinds. one sti driver commented that he'd never gotten over 100mph at sears.

my best run was [email protected]. i was more pleased that i had finally got under a 2.0 sec 60' time (1.999) :tongue:

we got 3 practice runs in. could have had 4, but we got a nice tour of a vintage race car restoration shop. big thanks to harry and his friend.

yeah, typical sears point evening. cool and windy. we were racing into 15-25 mph headwinds. one sti driver commented that he'd never gotten over 100mph at sears.

my best run was [email protected]. i was more pleased that i had finally got under a 2.0 sec 60' time (1.999) :tongue:

we got 3 practice runs in. could have had 4, but we got a nice tour of a vintage race car restoration shop. big thanks to harry and his friend.

Not bad considering the conditions. I remember your car running 107mph trap speeds at Sac Raceway. Pretty drastic difference. Nice job on the launch though!

ryan1926,

if you guys are planning a sac raceway day, please drop me a PM or email since I don't lurk Prime too often.
one thing to think about is a wed nite at sac raceway, i went out in late july and made 9 passes (3-4 time trials, the rest were bracket racing passes). the evenings cool off quite a bit, the boosted cars would love it. little cheaper too @ $15 to race.

paul

ryan1926,

if you guys are planning a sac raceway day, please drop me a PM or email since I don't lurk Prime too often.
one thing to think about is a wed nite at sac raceway, i went out in late july and made 9 passes (3-4 time trials, the rest were bracket racing passes). the evenings cool off quite a bit, the boosted cars would love it. little cheaper too @ $15 to race.

paul

No problem Paul! I'm trying to get my brother to go out to Sac Raceway now that he got his CTSC installed.

How did you do back in June? It's been a while...we definitely need to catch up! Hope all is well!

My ETs weren't too great but I was running my smog setup (stock chip, stock airbox, etc.) and full interior. 13.3-13.4 all night (except for one 13.50 that snuck in there). Traps were only in the 102-104mph range depending on the launch. Traction sucked, could not get better than a 2.1xx 60'er ... wonder if it was track prep since I used to be able to pull 1.99-2.02 all day out there.
Ultimately, it was a good night. Only had one good bracket race in 5 rounds of elims (in the finals). Brought home the trophy but didn't feel like I earned it due to the lack of competition.
Let's make some more passes!!!

Back