• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Seat rails for Recaro Pole Positions

Hi Guys

I followed a previous thread and ordered a set of PPs in black leather and red stitching [they are beautiful] and had them shipped to Japan [you won't believe how expensive Recaros are here], I had planned to buy a set of SOS sliding rails but they are out of stock, I would still like the SOS rails but guess will have to look for an alternative solution - I need low mounting, sliding rails. Any ideas? some suggestions are the Taitec sliders putting the brackets on inside out [what about the seat beat anchor points?] or the Bride LF, or have a custom electric rail made from an OEM seat.

Cheers

Simon

My Recaro PP are mounted on Recaro sliding brackets. Call Recaro directly...

My Recaro PP are mounted on Recaro sliding brackets. Call Recaro directly...

Cheers, my local Recaro dealer [ASM Yokohama] originally said that they had no suitable rails for a similar seat [they don't sell PPs in Japan] so I didn't push further.

Did you use standard Recaro parts and did you need to modify anything? The most important thing for me is how low did you manage to mount them.

Are these the rails you used? http://xatracing.com/recaro/recaro-accessories-silders/g-51129.aspx, there seem to be four variations which one is best?

Cheers

Simon

Me also would like to know if and which Recaro sliding seat rails can be used in combination with the NSX and the Recaro Pole Position.

And Simon, could you post some pictures of your Recaro's. I'd like to see what they look like with the red stitching.

The recaro sliding rails fit the pole position in the nsx.

Henry.
Hi Henry,

Thanks for the quick answer.
Looking at the link mentioned above, I see there are several variations of the rails. Which ones do you need for the Recaro PP's?

Are these rails OK if you still want to have the same seat height. As I understand it, with many rails, your seats will be positioned higher in the car thereby reducing headroom.

Me also would like to know if and which Recaro sliding seat rails can be used in combination with the NSX and the Recaro Pole Position.

And Simon, could you post some pictures of your Recaro's. I'd like to see what they look like with the red stitching.

Here are some pictures with a close up of the red stitch, sorry for the picture quality :)

Still little here from Recaro, A friend of mine recommened the Juran Racing low mount sliding rails type VR-G
http://www.tanida-web.co.jp/shopping/item.asp?brd=1&cat=2

I'll let you know how I get on.

Simon

Attachments

• RecaroPPs.jpg
    RecaroPPs.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 183
  • RecaroPP_redstitch.jpg
    RecaroPP_redstitch.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 140
Give Shad @ Driving Ambitions - he can get the Recaro parts ordered for your NSX (as his shop installed my Pole Positions).

It's hard to beat the oem seat height :(

Henry.

Hi Henry,

Thanks for the quick answer.
Looking at the link mentioned above, I see there are several variations of the rails. Which ones do you need for the Recaro PP's?

Are these rails OK if you still want to have the same seat height. As I understand it, with many rails, your seats will be positioned higher in the car thereby reducing headroom.

Here are some pictures with a close up of the red stitch, sorry for the picture quality :)

Still little here from Recaro, A friend of mine recommened the Juran Racing low mount sliding rails type VR-G
http://www.tanida-web.co.jp/shopping/item.asp?brd=1&cat=2

Hi Simon,

Those seats look absolutely gorgeous :eek: :eek:
Especially the red stitching is a very nice detail.

When you have mounted them into your car, could you please post some pictures how they look? And of course also let us know how you solved the rail-problem.

Last edited:
Back