• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Seattle Karting Experience - Feb 11th

Totally worth the trip. Wish we could of stayed with the crew longer.

If you hit post reply and not the quick reply there is a button to upload attachments.

Ananda thanks for posting the pics!

No problems... I tried to get more pics but my camera battery died on me. I just got the thing during Christmas and realized I have to get the more expensive batteries.

The karting place was pretty cool. I haven't been there in a number of years and but I think I posted a decent time. Now I want to figure out where to squeeze out more time on that track.

There are two places I think I can improve significantly, and it is both on the hairpins. Turn 1 feels decent, and I noticed that I can get around the corner faster if I don't slide through it. Though that is hard to do considering you are carrying so much speed after the ramp and need to deal with weight transfer from Left to Right.

Turn 5 is very tricky and need to figure out how to align the kart to enter turn 5. I went wide in Turn 4 to set up Turn 5, but I am not sure if that is the best line. I am thinking I may go the through the middle next time and see if the Yaw changes for the better.

The Ramp, I believe I have figured out. That is the best part of the track and love to slide the ass out. But I won't slide for very long, just enough to scrub off some speed and get a wider turning radius to get the kart to start acelerating ealier for the soft curve into Turn 1.

Back