• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Security indicator not flashing

I'm hoping someone has seen this problem before. I have noticed that the red flashing alarm indicator is no longer flashing on my driver door (top of panel). The alarm still works though. Niello Acura quoted me a security indicator replacement price of $64 (discounted). Could it be a bad fuse? Any troubleshooting suggestions? I hope to bring my '92 out of winter storage in April and would like to have the alarm light operational. Thanks!

Have you been in your door lately or had the panel off?
Check to make sure the plug hasn't fallen out. I have seen this happen if they are not snapped all the way in or just forgotten when the door panel was re-installed.
If you have never had your door trim panel off and want to check, look it up in the service manual on this site and it will tell/show you how to remove the panel correctly.

------------------
www.vincesautobodyworks.com

do you have an after market alarm?
when I installed the after market alarm, it disabled the door panel security light and have a new led on the dash next to the clock instead

Originally posted by BostonNSX:
do you have an after market alarm?

No, my alarm is OEM. I did have the door panel off last Fall to install the window thingies and upgraded Bose speakers. The indicator light worked fine afterwards and worked since it was put into hibernation late October. I just noticed it wasn't flashing last week after taking the cover off to pull my restraint bar out for powdercoating. It's probably just a bad $64 bulb (ouch). Thanks for the inputs!

------------------
Dave
'92 Red/Black

>>It's probably just a bad $64 bulb (ouch).

Doubtful. If it's an LED (which I think it is) it has a very long life and should never fail. It's probably the connector - I've seen this on several cars.

I had the same problem, I pulled the plug in and out a couple of times, and the problem went away. It still works, that was a year ago.

The service manual has a good trouble shooting section, you might check it out.

Originally posted by pbassjo:

Check to make sure the plug hasn't fallen out. I have seen this happen if they are not snapped all the way in or just forgotten when the door panel was re-installed.

pbassjo,
You were right! I pulled the door panel off yesterday and found the connector unhooked. Case closed. Thanks to all for their inputs!

------------------
Dave
'92 Red/Black

Back