• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Selling my NSX, getting a 348/355 - I think

It is a little strange that an NSX owner would set up his user ID on an NSX site as "Three48", but ok I will give you the benifit of the doubt...

so I am not sure why you would never post here before and now ask us what we think about getting a Ferrari and getting out of your NSX but OK, I will give you the benifit of the doubt... so I already said that I think if you want a Ferrari you should get one...so that's all covered

let's talk about you, I'll start, My name is John what is yours? where do you live?....do you have any kids? how long have you had your NSX?

Let's start over on the right foot.

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
1) I have never a huge "people person."
I meet so many people in my line of work, that when I am not at work I like to be alone or with my family.
I tried this "Car gathering thing" but it just wasn't me.

2) I never expected a welcoming like this on a car enthusiast board. Very disappointing to say the least.

3) I think it is best that I go back to where I came from and leave this "internet" world.

4) Sorry for all the skepticism I created with my post, it was genuine.

5) If you see a Blk/blk on the 210 fwy in Southern California, you can say "I think that was "the guy"

6) I wish you all the best, and I don't wish this Happy Welcoming to others that find a board full of car enthusiasts that do not believe what they read from a "Stranger" on their site.

7) Remember, EVERYBODY was a "Stranger" At some point in time

8) Good Night from the 210 fwy

Wow, you guys are jerks.
I'm glad I didn't post here with a user name like WantALotus when I was first looking for a toy. You would have killed me and I would have gone off and cry'd in the corner for a few hours. Then would have never come back and probably never bought an NSX. Grow up! Thats just plain cruelity and makes me sick.
I went crazy over wanting a 89.5 lotus turbo, then a yellow convertible vette.
I was so intense on getting one of those cars my user name would have reflected it. That doesn't make me anything but excited about life.
Please take a few minutes to think about your post before you press the submit reply button.
Trevor Yacyshyn in Edmonton Alberta with 2 daughters, a house, a garage, two bikes and three companies. I've had my Red 91 for three years now and smile evertime I drive it. Oh ya, and a Hot Tub. If your intown, call me, well go for a ride in the NSX after I get me engine back from Chris at SOS and the snow melts. 1-800-661-9928.
p.s. I sell Fans so I choose to use FFFFanman as my user name. Also I used that with less F's for years in the Hacker community so I had to add more FFFF's to stay out of jail here and not be recognized.
p.s. #2 - Just remembered, there are atleast 2 guys with nsx's here that dont associate with other nsx'ers and dont care to and dont go on Nsxprime. Its like seeing your brother and him not wanting to talk to you. Its their choice, but i would welcome them anytime.

This seems like an appropriate place for this classic.

4788nsxprime_flamewar_guide.gif

I know this post is "Troll junk" but have been thinking about what he said.
"Getting a 348" While the 348 is not my favorite F car, it has depreciated from $200k in 1990 to the $40's today. OUCH!:eek:
If you have the balls & some time, it could be a money maker?
And no, mine are not that big to buy one as an investment.
Just trying to salvage something positive from this post.:smile:

You're seriously going to buy a very expensive exotic sports car based upon how passionate the OTHER owners are about them? You will understand how that strikes most everyone as absurd. If you're serious about your question then here is your answer.

RPM217 said:
it's not what I think, or anyone else on this site that matters, it's what stirs "your" passion.

if your checkbook can withstand the maintenance issues on the 348/355 and that's what you lust for, go for it. Best of luck with whatever you chose to do, remember, it's a car, if you're not happy with the choice you make, you can always sell it and try another!!!

Ya know Bio, that was a pretty low blow, LOL. As bio stated we have some really great seat belt techinology in the 348's.

As for the 355 vs 348, talk to Bobby Norwood, do a turbo up grade on the 348, and is performance is right on par with an F-40 or 288. Enough said about that.

Three48, I'm actually thinking about, "no really" getting one of these cars to upgrade the performance specs on. Much like my 914. Even though my 914 is fast, I'm getting where I just hate to drive it anymore. The NSX's from what I can tell, have a pretty good base, for a cost effective speed upgrades. Not quite as good as the 914's, but the car is really much cooler and comfortable to drive around in. THe 914 also gets pretty crazy above 135 or so, By crazy I mean life threating.

The words "I think" tells it all!
I myself have an interest in another car, a Diablo.
I will one day post a thread on that and have great people give me their opinion on that car. I quickly check out the Lambo chat site and read a few things and have decided to stay with my car for a bit more. But I like it, never drove it.
Just thinking!
Trev

ffffanman said:
The words "I think" tells it all!
I myself have an interest in another car, a Diablo.
I will one day post a thread on that and have great people give me their opinion on that car. I quickly check out the Lambo chat site and read a few things and have decided to stay with my car for a bit more. But I like it, never drove it.
Just thinking!
Trev

Ya know A contach, "spelling", was a car I also really really wanted. Once I actually got to where I could afford one, I went to test drive some, then realized I phisacally could not fit in the car. Literally could not get in it, let alone drive it. I'm 6-3 about 245, there really built for some one with a smaller frame. My rear end would not even go into the seat cavaty.

Something to be serous considered if your serious if getting one.

Yeah, I know what you mean, I sat in a few cars down at ZR Auto.
The Lotus, I had to wear pointy High heels to drive, not my style.
The older F-cars like Magnum PI, My Butt didn't fit at the 240 lb I use to weight.
Just by chance I sat in an nsx they had there and probably still do 3 years later.
It was the most comfortable thing I sat in since my Mothers lap when I was 4.
So looks are inspirering and so Is talk, but if you dont fit (your butt or wallet) then you can only look and move on. I still like the look of that Lotus Esprit 89.5 year. I found a few photos on my computor and threads on yahoo groups, that brought back my passion about getting one. I was even driving down to L.A. to bring on back. Silly Me!
Trev

I had the same problem, I am 8 foot 9 inches and weigh 110 pounds. I couldn't fit in the contach either. It was that damn taffy stretching machine at the Wonka factory. Now my wife just folds me up and puts me in the trunk, which btw is in the front in a contach.

Three48 said:
"Just wanted to say Hello to everyone here on Prime. At the moment I do not have an NSX, but it has been on my mind for about a year now non-stop. I have a few different cars to keep me occupied but none of them can erase my obsession with owning an NSX. I live in a city of aprox. 70k people including the suburbs and I have never seen an NSX here. Congrats to all of you on your NSX ownerships and I hope to join you soon. Tic Tock, Tic Tock, Tic Tock........"

topic topic says "selling my NSX, getting a 348/355 :confused: sounds like a troll to me :rolleyes:

spartan2-3 said:
topic topic says "selling my NSX, getting a 348/355 :confused: sounds like a troll to me :rolleyes:

He was actually quoting Greg Z's "first post" there- rebutting the "everyone has a first post".

He is right too- everyone DOES have a first post.

One point of pontification: IF your first post is suggesting that the F-car community is more "passionate" about their cars than the NSX community is, then why start whining when the NSX community responds passionately?

Seems silly.

We don't all read between the lines, and maybe he is just wanting some guidance.

For the OP- should you or shouldn't you swap into a Ferrari...

Oh wait- RPM217 gave a GREAT answer, and Liquid quoted it- here I am, the third (that makes me pre-Lumberg on the repost)

RPM217 said:
it's not what I think, or anyone else on this site that matters, it's what stirs "your" passion.

if your checkbook can withstand the maintenance issues on the 348/355 and that's what you lust for, go for it. Best of luck with whatever you chose to do, remember, it's a car, if you're not happy with the choice you make, you can always sell it and try another!!!

Stay, go- makes no difference to me- you gotta satisfy yourself.

NSX's are great cars, Ferrari's are great cars- both have fantastic communities (the boards aren't "the community" there are also meets, drives, clubs like NSXCA, and national events like NSXpo to consider) Either way you really can't lose. I know some really great F-car guys (a few of them migrated former NSX owners). If you prefer the community over there, then I am very happy that you can afford the price of admission.

No matter where you go, it will be what you make of it. Just owning a car doesn't make you part of the community, in much the same way as simply owning the house next door doesn't make you a good neighbor- you will get out what you put in.

Personally, I am satisfied here. I have found the NSX community to be welcoming, and very passionate about the cars. That is my experience, and my choice.

Good luck making your choice, Your lucky to have either- both are great!

Philip

Last edited:
I know some of you guys think that BIO and GregZ were being harsh ,but seriously with all that's happened on F-chat and some of the new threads the F-car guys have started here how can you not see this thread for what it is:wink: Also the pure coincedence that he's talking about getting a 348/355?????

Everything the guy said points to Ferrari ownership. Nobody took the bait so he leaves and tells us we're being rude. Notice he said the NSX owners at the meet had a chip on their shoulder? He had a car meet with six other NSX owners ( apparently none of them from prime ) How many times have that many NSX owners been together and there's not been a post up on prime about it? LoL

From his call sign to the name of the thread. Oh and did you notice he was able to use the search to find GregZ's first post ,but yet he's not internet savvy...LoL come on! :rolleyes:

Three48 said:
I was with some Ferrari guys a few months back, they are just so passionate about their cars. I really enjoyed the company from a great group of guys.
I just don't get that with the NSX group.

Should I, or Shouldn't I???

Yes, you should definitely consider purchasing the 348. Indytech told me it comes with a flat 12, just like an F-40!!! So you know it's gonna be fast!

^^^Is that true!!!!

I know the stats list it as a V8, have they put in 4 extra cylinders because there is a 33% chance that, at any given time, any particular cylinder may not be firing?

If yes, thats genious! I bet there are some mods to get all of them online at once.

NSX vs. 348 or 355 are you mad, LOL enough said.

H-carWizKid said:
He was actually quoting Greg Z's "first post" there- rebutting the "everyone has a first post".
:confused: ????????? :confused:

Seems silly.

We don't all read between the lines, and maybe he is just wanting some guidance.

I think you need to read between the lines. See headline topic (read it again post #1 on this thread). "Selling my NSX, getting a 348/355 - I think"

then read his post #16 "At the moment I do not have an NSX, but it has been on my mind for about a year now non-stop.

Only a troll would stir something like this :rolleyes:

spartan2-3 said:

I think you need to read between the lines. See headline topic (read it again post #1 on this thread). "Selling my NSX, getting a 348/355 - I think"

then read his post #16 "At the moment I do not have an NSX, but it has been on my mind for about a year now non-stop.

Spartan,

He was quoting Greg Z's first post. Nothing is in contradiction here, he was only pointing out that everyone has a first post and posted Greg Z's

Greg Z said:
I call BS!
1 post?
If he had an NSX, don't you think he would have posted before, not just all of a sudden coming in here talking about how passionate the F-car boys are?
IMO, Moderators should lock this thread now, before it gets ugly in here.
BTW: For those in here that does not know what is going on, There is about 4 or 5 NASTY Threads going on right now in the Ferrari forum arguing the NSX and 348/355 qualities!

I agree 100% This talk is going around like wild fire in
F-Chat. Its just some one causing a problem. Its great that the NSX is in the Ferrari League (348/355).

spartan2-3 said:

Gotcha!

Why would the F-chatters do that?

I guess F-car owners just get really bored, what with their cars being in the shop and all...:tongue:

It was nice to see our membership class it up a little though. :smile:

Philip

I just realized, we are mean, nasty NSX owners.
I'm selling my NSX. I don't like us anymore.

Ferrari owners are all nice, none of them say bad things about each other, or other car owners, but I don't know if a 355 is really any better than my NSX. What to buy??????

I'm buying a Lada. That's a car you can seriously upgrade with a twin turbo chevy 329 small block. Lada owners are nice. They are all so upset about their cars all the time, that they love to comiserate.

See my thread NSX vs Chevy powered Lada vs 355.

We suck.
Go Lada.

Back