• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Selling my NSX, getting a 348/355 - I think

I was informed to post this in the Off Topic section.

I have actually made the decision already (pretty much).

I was just looking for experienced Ferrari Owners to chime in and give me some input.

Not people just saying don't do it because this is an NSX forum.

Thank you.

I think F-chat would be the best way to go.

Also you may want to try here www.gruppemusa.com and give Alex a email.

He owns a 1999 F355 very nice and has all the goodies you would want on a F-car.

This was reallyt discussed in detail, basically the 355 is great sounding, less fit and finish than the NSX, about the same performance and a bucket of money for maint each year. My take was about a real $5000 to $7000. There were some real problem areas for some or all years that kick this dollar amount way up.

You can go to Ferrari Chat and really do extensive research.

I almost bought a used 550 but maint was too much for me to deal with, and IT is generally considered the best daily driver and maybe the most reliable not counting the 430, which is too new.

DO NOT GET A 348. They are sooooooooo unreliable. Id go with something older like a 328 o r a 400I. Now were talkin:smile:

Get a 308 Gt-4, I had one...it gave me all the Ferrari fun and pain you could ever ask for..also hauls the kids and wife well too!!:biggrin:

What year and model NSX do you have?..I might be interested in buying it.

What a coincidence! I am selling my 348 and buying a Pontiac Fiero. I hear they more much reliable even with their fire-prone reputation.

Think I should go to F-chat and start a thread?

HKSboosted2 said:
I am selling my 348 and buying a Pontiac Fiero.

Fiero? OMG!:eek: They are so hot! I remember when the Pontiac dealer had one and had a bowling ball hung from the ceiling to bash into the side of the car. As a kid, I thought that was real cool. That was until a friend in high school bought one. When you pushed in the cigarette lighter, the engine would quit. I guess that was too much of a draw on the engine. :biggrin:

terrypancake said:
Fiero? OMG!:eek: They are so hot! I remember when the Pontiac dealer had one and had a bowling ball hung from the ceiling to bash into the side of the car. As a kid, I thought that was real cool. That was until a friend in high school bought one. When you pushed in the cigarette lighter, the engine would quit. I guess that was too much of a draw on the engine. :biggrin:

LOL

Three48 said:
I was informed to post this in the Off Topic section.

I have actually made the decision already (pretty much).

I was just looking for experienced Ferrari Owners to chime in and give me some input.

Not people just saying don't do it because this is an NSX forum.

Thank you.

Be sure to post your NSX for sale ad here on NSXprime so that some lucky member can get to enjoy the car since you are leaving it.

So, what year NSX? Color combo? Mods?

I think that he should list his NSX for sale at F-Chat, they're more passionate over there, and that's where all his friends are, I'm sure that one of them could afford the petty cash for one of our cheap Japanese wannabe cars.

RPM217 said:
I think that he should list his NSX for sale at F-Chat, they're more passionate over there, and that's where all his friends are, I'm sure that one of them could afford the petty cash for one of our cheap Japanese wannabe cars.

First I am a 10yr, That went out the window quickly.
Then a troll, then I don't know what!

All of my "friends" are there? I think not. I am not a regular on any of these places.

Regarding the cheap Japanese cars.....Remember, i have one. so I do take offense to that statement.

Theres a guy on ferrarichat whos username is also Three48 who says he has a 1991 348. Maybe you should ask him what he thinks of his :rolleyes:

Three48 said:
Selling my NSX, getting a 348/355 - I think

A below average IQ deserves a below average automobile. Enjoy your new combustible prancing horse. Make sure to get comprehensive coverage when you insure the piece of junk.

Hugh said:
A below average IQ deserves a below average automobile. Enjoy your new combustible prancing horse. Make sure to get comprehensive coverage when you insure the piece of junk.

Mr. Hugh,

It appears you have the "below average IQ" area covered. I think you give most of the decent members on this forum a bad name....But then again, that is probably your intention.

as far as it being a piece of junk? I hope not, I just wrote a check for one.

Would you like me to put a tomato on the hood and take a photo?

How about a rotten tomato? You might like that better..

Three48 said:
Mr. Hugh,

It appears you have the "below average IQ" area covered. I think you give most of the decent members on this forum a bad name....But then again, that is probably your intention.

as far as it being a piece of junk? I hope not, I just wrote a check for one.

Would you like me to put a tomato on the hood and take a photo?

How about a rotten tomato? You might like that better..

I suggest you do that. It will dispell all the "he's a troll" or "must be a 10 year old" thoughts that members have of you hear on Prime.
If you own an NSX, why the choose the 348 username? Just curious, as most use something more NSX or non Fcar related.

ANYTIME said:
I suggest you do that. It will dispell all the "he's a troll" or "must be a 10 year old" thoughts that members have of you hear on Prime.
If you own an NSX, why the choose the 348 username? Just curious, as most use something more NSX or non Fcar related.

It will be on my "to do" list for today.

What if my wife forgot to buy tomatoes?

Any other Veggie would be ok? How about a piece of toast?

The pic will be up tonight.

Regarding my choice of a log on name, I was asking for opinions on this car, so I thought maybe I should use it as my name.
Apparently it was a bad choice.

Three48 said:
It will be on my "to do" list for today.

What if my wife forgot to buy tomatoes?

Any other Veggie would be ok? How about a piece of toast?

The pic will be up tonight.

Regarding my choice of a log on name, I was asking for opinions on this car, so I thought maybe I should use it as my name.
Apparently it was a bad choice.

Fruit/pancake is just one way to know the pic was actually taken by you and not grabbed off the net somewhere. It is odd you have an NSX and signed up on Prime using that username asking questions about a Fcar. Pretty much set yourself up, IMHO. The typical member/owner first shows pics of their car because they are excited about the purchase.

ANYTIME said:
Fruit/pancake is just one way to know the pic was actually taken by you and not grabbed off the net somewhere. It is odd you have an NSX and signed up on Prime using that username asking questions about a Fcar. Pretty much set yourself up, IMHO. The typical member/owner first shows pics of their car because they are excited about the purchase.

I have bought many cars, to be quite honest, the excitement factor hasn't been around for a while now.

I am gonna go grab a tortilla and take a pic of it on the hood....

Back