• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Selling my NSX

What seems to be the best avenue to selling an NSX. Now that I bought a Viper (HENNESSEY!!!!), 3 cars is too much. (I only have a 2 car garage). I am taking the NSX for the 90K service, replace the master cylinder, and sell it in the next month or so. I am contemplating eBay or Traderonline.com. The main problem is that NSX's have not been doing so hot on eBay lately.

My experience with selling my C43 online, in both the venues in which you're interested, is that I got spammed and scammed by dozens of people from all around the world (the most common was the South Africa scam). It was difficult to separate the truth from the lies. And the responses continued for months after the car was gone. :mad:

See this thread for a recent example from one of our forum members.

Last edited:
I've sold vehicles through AutoTrader on numerous occasions with good results. However, as was mentioned previously, the calls and e-mails from prospective buyers continued to come in for several weeks after the cars were sold despite pulling the ads. This was only mildly annoying.

Even though posting an ad in your local newspaper classifieds might bring in fewer scammers I feel that AutoTrader reaches a much wider car buying audience. Plus, using AutoTrader you can include much more information and photos of the vehicles along with the ad.

Personally, I wouldn't buy or sell a vehicle through e-bay. For selling the sales prices are often very low and for buying many of the cars have questionable histories.

POst it on autotrader.com... The scammers are so stupid that they use the same line all the time stating that there client can't wait to see the car in his garage, etc.

YOu can just ignore it...

You will get calls but after I sold my car, I logged on and changed the number to a bogus 555 number and changed my email to a bogus one as well... Voila.. No more calls or emails until the ad expired...

Good luck..

Back