• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Seriously contemplating this S2000 modification

S2000-2.jpg

S2000-1.jpg

400HP Turbo S2000 widebody

Tan

are you sure about the reliability of the turbo. I thought that the S/C's were more durable in a s2k.

NSXLuvr said:
are you sure about the reliability of the turbo. I thought that the S/C's were more durable in a s2k.

Could say the same thing about the NSX. :)

Ojas said:
Why settle for 400, when you can have 500?

Seriously, where can we find the details on this S2000?

EDIT: I found some info here.

Something else to note, the 400hp S2K is rated at the crank (~340 rwh), the 500hp one is at the wheel! That is nearly 600hp. Simply amazing for a streetable non sleeved F20C. Probably wouldn't last long at that boost level though:eek: .

A friend of mine wanted to buy an S2000 and do a similar buildup. But after some research found out the drive train cannot hold up. And I mean more than just axle's. The rearend completely comes apart. And at this point I do not think anyone has any kind of fix or replacement for it. If there is.... he will buy one tomorrow and make huge power. Its been his dream for a while.

This is related to the differential housing. Comptech manufactures a brace with reinforced studs to take care of this problem. With this mod, the car's more than able to make big power w/o problem.

We've developed a S2000 turbo system and having it running on our 2002 for testing. The S2000 with bottom end grunt is fabulous!

Cheers,
-- Chris

Elite said:
A friend of mine wanted to buy an S2000 and do a similar buildup. But after some research found out the drive train cannot hold up. And I mean more than just axle's. The rearend completely comes apart. And at this point I do not think anyone has any kind of fix or replacement for it. If there is.... he will buy one tomorrow and make huge power. Its been his dream for a while.

Why is it that an s2k can make around 600 crank horsepower out of a 2 liter 4 banger, while nsx tuners struggle to break 500 with a similarly designed engine that is 50%+ larger in displacement? By this logic, it seems that a sleeved NSX motor, set up with a 23-24psi turbo system like this one (with higher flow for the larger engine of course) would make 700+ HP. Are the NSX turbo tuners holding back on us, or is there some other reason this can't/hasn't been done on an NSX?

MRFreeze said:
Something else to note, the 400hp S2K is rated at the crank (~340 rwh), the 500hp one is at the wheel! That is nearly 600hp. Simply amazing for a streetable non sleeved F20C. Probably wouldn't last long at that boost level though:eek: .

I think that 500HP S2000 has Darton sleeves...

That is a very famous and respected italian tuner (like comptech in the US). Their work are all very good quality!

The S2000 won best of show at a big international car show in Italy, voted by most journalists.

It transforms the S2000 in a *really* fast car!

The General said:
Why is it that an s2k can make around 600 crank horsepower out of a 2 liter 4 banger, while nsx tuners struggle to break 500 with a similarly designed engine that is 50%+ larger in displacement? By this logic, it seems that a sleeved NSX motor, set up with a 23-24psi turbo system like this one (with higher flow for the larger engine of course) would make 700+ HP. Are the NSX turbo tuners holding back on us, or is there some other reason this can't/hasn't been done on an NSX?

I'd like to hear an answer to this.

Chris@SoS said:

We've developed a S2000 turbo system and having it running on our 2002 for testing. The S2000 with bottom end grunt is fabulous!

Cheers,
-- Chris

Are you by chance developing a Turbo System for the NSX??

Comptech manufactures a brace with reinforced studs to take care of this problem
It works very well. I know a couple of people that have it. After exploding thier rear ends they had to get it.
Did the owner paint the cam cover yellow?

Back